No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference I see is that Calipari players just want to get paid no matter where they play. Crap NBA team via lottery pick or college shoe contracts in college.
    Gregg Marshall players want to WIN!!!! As a fan of college basketball...I like to see my favorite players win more than see my favorite players get paid. GO FRED!!!!!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
      WichitaStateGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      In an ideal world, those two would be in tandem.

• jdmee
      jdmee commented
      Editing a comment
      I would agree with that but Early and Baker did go to the Knicks, so ......

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless you are elite of the elite in the NBA, you basically have zero say in what teams you get to play for.

• Curry scored 34, but according to this, he only scored 2 when marked by Fred: "Final count was 2 Curry points on 29 possessions as VanVleet as his defender, according to @SecondSpectrum."
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Shutting him down! That's some nasty defense!!! Great job FVV!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Curry scored 34, but according to this, he only scored 2 when marked by Fred: "Final count was 2 Curry points on 29 possessions as VanVleet as his defender, according to @SecondSpectrum."
          So had Fred not guarded him at all he would have scored like a thousand points?
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• mattdalt
            mattdalt commented
            Editing a comment
            Give or take a few, yes. :)

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty much.

• The Raptors reserve was a weakness as recently as the second round. But now he’s shooting like Steph Curry and frustrating Steph Curry’s shooting with his defense.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Terrific article. Maybe Fred should add a Baddy Daddy line to his Bet On Yourself apparel business.

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            I had forgotten that VanVleet won the D League championship with the 905.

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            I loved this line from the article

"If the Warriors want to have a chance in this series, they cannot let him have any more children. He will grow too powerful."

• lol that would be great!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• The Warriors need Kevin Durant, and the Raptors exposed the price they paid to get him

Comment

• I'll preface this by saying I picked Toronto to win the series before it started & still think they do.

That being said, a lot of this stuff is off the deep end. All the doom and gloom & hot takes being written about GS is ridiculous. Steph, Klay, Green, Iggy, Steve Kerr....those guys are winners of the highest pedigree. Yes, they can be beat...not even Tom Brady wins them all, but it will take a special team and special effort to get it done. GS will come out swinging game 2. How Toronto handles that will tell us a lot going forward.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                ShockdaWorld commented
                Editing a comment
                Is this your first day here?

• The Raptors reserve was a weakness as recently as the second round. But now he’s shooting like Steph Curry and frustrating Steph Curry’s shooting with his defense.

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                Steeleshocker commented
                Editing a comment
                "You absolutely cannot give Fred VanVleet any space. Just look at his last name."

• steph curry is extraordinarily tough. vanvleet is his match.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                steph curry is extraordinarily tough. vanvleet is his match.
                I would say Fred is tougher. I'd take that bet any day.

Comment

• All 22 players who've seen the court in the Finals are graded. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the only player who got a straight A.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This video isn't particularly new, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Does a good job of showing the gap between NBA players, other professional players, and college players:

Comment

• Another good Landry interview in KC yesterday. http://www.810whb.com/the-program-podcasts/

Comment

Working...
                      X