No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is precisely why I think Toronto has struggled to a degree this post season. Nobody other than Kawhi can get in to a rhythm. They have completely moved away from what got them where they are. Less of a team game like it was in the regular season.

Comment

• mattdalt
      mattdalt commented
      Editing a comment
      My dad and my son discussed this very point after the game. Raps during regular season were fun to watch. Kawhi is showing individual brilliance, but man is it hard to watch

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree not fun to watch at all.

• Fred finally gets his playoff mojo going tonight.
    5-6 FG 3-3 3pt

Comment

• mattdalt
      mattdalt commented
      Editing a comment
      Less Kawhi, more Fred. Easy win. Coaching shouldn’t be this hard.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Back to “steady Freddie” tonight...

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Raptors bench was solid tonight. The top 3 +/- stats of the game were Raptor bench players Norman Powell at +29, Fred at +25 and Serge Ibaka at +24. Powell scored 18 points but took 18 shots to get there, Ibaka scored 17 points on 12 shots and Fred 13 points on 6 shots. Ibaka grabbed a game high 13 rebounds will Fred dished out 6 assists vs only 1 turnover.

• Fred is a HAPPY man. Birth of his son last night might have had something to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
      Fred is a HAPPY man. Birth of his son last night might have had something to do with it.
      Congratulations to Fred and Mama.

Comment

• I'm of the opinion that it is a big mistake to increase the amount of "ISO" in the playoffs. Especially for this Raptors team! I'm certain to have a bias seeing Fred get more minutes but as we have learned here in Wichita, good things happen when the ball is in Fred's hands.
        Last edited by Signman; May 22, 2019, 06:38 AM. Reason: Oops. Tried to post this last night but apparently it didn't take as I wasn't logged in. I'm blaming the cold I'm fighting. Apparently Nick Nurse might have been thinking the same thing about Fred.

Comment

• Fred getting much love today on HQ. He is Papi's man!

Comment

• Fred is doing it again.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              That might be an understatement at this point. :)

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              It was an understatement... can’t wait to see what Shaq, Charles, Kenny and Ernie have to say about that win.

• Can we please retire Fred’s jersey already?!

Comment

• Fred with a casual +28... unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                Fred with a casual +28... unbelievable.
                21 point one assist. 7 of 9 threes
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Stream live NBA games, game replays, video highlights, and access featured NBA TV programming online with Watch NBA TV

Comment

• FVV was amazing! Steady Freddie!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• That's the way to break out of a slump. First 13 pts and now 21. Yea Fred. Keep it going.

Comment

• Fred has broken out of his shooting slump the last two games, but let me tell you the most impressive part of his game has been the ALL OUT EFFORT he has been giving on defense. I don’t believe I have EVER seen an NBA player scramble, switch, and sprint to different assignments as much as Fred does. Absolutely incredible. Yes, Fred got beat twice tonight on two back door cuts but he saves 8x that amount of points with his defensive effort.

He is just an incredibly good basketball player. Maybe not the most physically gifted, but damn is he good.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                          Fred has broken out of his shooting slump the last two games, but let me tell you the most impressive part of his game has been the ALL OUT EFFORT he has been giving on defense. I don’t believe I have EVER seen an NBA player scramble, switch, and sprint to different assignments as much as Fred does. Absolutely incredible. Yes, Fred got beat twice tonight on two back door cuts but he saves 8x that amount of points with his defensive effort.

He is just an incredibly good basketball player. Maybe not the most physically gifted, but damn is he good.
                          Totally agree. I watched closely on his defense last night.. His man could not penetrate and score. His help defense was outstanding. He disrupted so many scoring chances for Milwaukee. No wonder Fred, Ron, Evan, and Tekel help establish one of our best defensive teams in history.

Comment

Working...
                          X