Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
    Anyone watching Landry? 18 point in 1st quarter . 6/8 from 3s.
    21 points, 26 minutes, 7-12 shooting, 7-11 threes, 3 rebounds, no assists or turnovers, +12 +/-
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Landry is going to mess around and get seriously rich before this is all over.

Congratulations mom!

Eat your heart out "DAD"!

T

...:cool:

• LA ClippersVerified account@LAClippers 3h3 hours ago

.@landryshamet just set the team rookie record for threes in a game. IN THE FIRST HALF.

Comment

• I just want to say this. Sometimes you can tell a player is really good by looking at his highschool video. Sometimes you get fooled. But two players that I liked the minute I saw them was Cleanthony and Landry. I was in Seattle the day we heard Perry Ellis picked Kansas. My brother was upset , but I was not. So he asked me why? I said this Cleanthony kid looks better to me and he is the one I want. He said Cleanthony who? I said you got to watch the video.

When I first saw Landry puma ''s video I could tell he was underated and was hoping it stayed that way. I thought we had the best chance but was scared about that Colorado visit he took in the summer. Boulder is so pretty. But we got him and I still believe if Landry had not got hurt that first year Fred would have more assists on his record. Landry can flat out shoot.

The one player I got fooled on was Tekel Cotton. He only average 10 points a game in high school and I could not firgure out why Marshall gave him a scholarship. Jay Bilais said some good things about Cotton when we played UCONN in Hawaii. I said what's the deal? Needless to say I came to Wichita that summer and watched 3 pickup games and it became clear to me that Cotton was good. He didnt make any mistakes, his man didnt score, and he scored when he shot. I am not ashame to say I was wrong. Go shocks. Landry make us proud.

Comment

• wufan
        wufan commented
        Editing a comment
        Barry Brown was one we were recruiting and I was super impressed with his vid and really wanted.

DeAntony Gorgon and Tyson Etienne also have great vids.

• Comment

• I will never tire of the Knicks color commentator, Walt Clyde Frazier. Shuckin' and drivin', electrifyin'....at the hoop. Shahmot.

Comment

• Pretty cool deal on FVV

Comment

• Just reposting, but saw where someone on YT had a funny nickname for Shamet - "Lanthree" Shamet.:poster_shocks:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashman View Post
            Pretty cool deal on FVV

https://youtu.be/to5LwZHq7RU
            This is great story. In fact I love the story of all three of our former most recent NBA players? Fred, Baker, and Landry all had to overcome obstacles. No silver spoon for them. The only issue in this story I didn like was that the announcer tried to make it sound like WSU had not won before Fred. Clearly Fred helped raised the bar but I get tired of clowns trying to say that WSU has never won before. Vanvleet. This is the same stupid attitude I have to deal with in the Northeast part of kansas. Go shocks.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
              Shocktoberfest commented
              Editing a comment
              True. I didn't want to mention that about the video because we are used to that kind of bias. But really, that dude did zero homework, or it didn't fit the narrative. If we had to be truthful about the FF4 run, Baker had a much greater impact than Fred. But whatever. Still a great piece on Fred.

• Steeleshocker
              Steeleshocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed, the article was a little disingenuous as far as its treatment of WSU and Fred. Fred actually stuck on the main roster his rookie season, just at the end of the bench and played a lot of minutes with the 905. And it was the following year that Dwayne Casey gave him solid minutes (not current coach Nick Nurse) and he led the best bench in the NBA.

• 1979Shocker
              1979Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              The story was good except it made it seem like Fred came in and turned around a losing Shocker basketball program and made it a winning program.

• This article mentions Ron who's been in Scott City lately. Didn't know he had another surgery.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, he did. Not sure if it's the same shoulder or not? Rehab for 6-8 months.

• wusphlash
              wusphlash commented
              Editing a comment
              I heard the surgery has bionics involved and he will come back as a 75% three point shooter. That's the highest percentage allowed by law.

• Landry and the Clippers effectively ended the Lakes playoff hopes last night with a 113-105 win at the Lakers (same thing kinda). LaBron and the Lakers are now 5.5 games back of the Spurs for 8th (6 to the Clippers) with only 16-18 games remaining. Landry had 12 on 3-7 threes and 3-3 Fts.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              … and he hit the dagger with about 3 minutes remaining. The Lakers were making a run and LeBron was bull-rushing into everyone. Landry drained a huge three taking the lead from 10-13 and Walton called an immediate timeout.

• The rookie ladder article on nba.com lists Landry as the number 3 rookie this week. :) That is a whole lot of value for /underrated/ ?

Comment

• The 21-year-old leads all rookies in 3PT% and is blossoming into an impact player in an expanded role with the Clippers. Could he be a big reason free agents are attracted to L.A.?

Comment

• Another good night for Landry. 31 minutes, 11 points, 3-9 FG, 2-5 three-point, 3-4 FT, 5 reb, 1 assist, 1 turnover, =20 was 2nd highest +/- on team.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                X