No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have not watched the highlight reel from the Celtics game you need to. Landry is going to have a long and fruitful career. The dude is just good and is a freaking awesome spot up shooter. He was really impressive against Boston.

Comment

• Yes, indeed you need to watch Landry's highlights:

Landry still helping the Sixers even after being traded:

Landry Shamet opened some eyes with a tremendous debut for the Los Angeles Clippers. Ironically, he indirectly helped his former team out.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 10, 2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Since Ron last played for the Knicks, NY is 2-25. Coincidence? You decide.

Comment

• Shocker1976
          Shocker1976 commented
          Editing a comment
          I too have been tracking this as I think playing for the Knicks is a career-ending move for a Shocker. Two point over-time victory against Charlotte and a seven point victory against the hapless Lakers - 16 straight losses and counting since Baker left. Anyone other than a Shocker fan counting??

• Horn28Clem30
          Horn28Clem30 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm as big of RB fan as the next, but let's not get crazy. It's not like Baker would be carrying them to a bunch of wins...that team just has no talent on it.

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        OKC released Alex Abrines today. According to league rules, they must add 2 players. It's assumed they'll add 10 day contract guys until the buyout picture clears.

Abrines had personal issues. If OKC wants a teammate who won't cause any problems, will be a standout guy and give you everything he has and ask for nothing in return, I may know a guy they should look at....his name rhymes with Don Shaker.
        You only have to have 12 players which they do. I expect them to sign one player on the buy out market and maybe sign deonte burton for the rest of the year when his 2 way contract is up. https://www.nba.com/media/CBA101.pdf it’s on page 23.

Comment

• FVV out at least 3 weeks with a left thumb injury. Well that's not cool!

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            And he has really been playing well lately. But when you play as many games as they do in the NBA staying injury free has to be a challenge.

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Fred will be fresh down the stretch. #BetOnYourself

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            Ooof!

• Comment

• Toronto is picking up Jeremy Lin as well. Could be interesting for Fred
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              https://media.giphy.com/media/KAjzlpbCKyj9S/giphy.gif

• Jhook89
              Jhook89 commented
              Editing a comment
              You felt he was going to lose playing time? They traded away his only competition for playing time and brought in a guy who doesn’t play his position. Not sure I follow your logic. This Lin signing is a response to his injury. Even if he wasn’t injured Lin would just take Wright’s minutes.

• shock
              shock commented
              Editing a comment
              It gives Fred a very compatible back court partner. I said interesting because I could see them trading lowry and running Fred as a starter.

• Good game by Landry tonight in a 10 point loss to the Timberwolves.

15 points on 4-7 shooting, 3-5 from 3, 4-4 from the line. 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals in 33 minutes.

Interestingly enough, the Clippers bench outscored the starters 89-31.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Clippers bench got more minutes too.

Comment

• Clippers got better as well after trade deadline

Comment

• The Clipperholics get together to discuss the state of the LA Clippers after the trade deadline and a comeback victory with a new squad against the Celtics.

Comment

• 3rd three is ridiculous!!!

Comment

• FVV out 5+ weeks after undergoing left thumb surgery. No bueno!

Comment

• I bet fred is the starting PG next year
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• FadedCrown
                          FadedCrown commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Kyle Lowry has another year left on his deal, unless Kawhi leaves and the Raps decide to go young, he is there until 2020.

• shock
                          shock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If kawhi leaves they will need to find someone else to build a team around anyways and Lowery would be huge trade collateral

• Landry got the start last night for the Clips and had 8 points (3-8 of fg and 2-4 from 3) and 4 assists in 24 minutes. Looked good and the announcers continue to rave about him and how excited they are to have him on the team. The Clips look much better after this trade and are pretty young at their core. Bodes well for LS.

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I wasn’t excited at first, but this might turn out to be a positive trade for LS. Won’t be a fan of the later start times. Home games end way past this oldtimers bedtime. :)

• MikeKennedyRulZ
                          MikeKennedyRulZ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is one benefit for me being in San Diego is they are still on normal time and I get every game on FS San Diego.

Also, don't know if anyone caught it or not, but the sideline announcer chooses one player to interview on court after the first half and she chose LS. Wasn't a long or particularly noteworthy interview but cool nonetheless.

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I caught the interview; good stuff.
                      Working...
                      X