No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Clips can trade Beverly and/or Lou Williams (which i'm assuming they would if they're selling), could end up meaning quite a bit more PT.

Comment

I guess this increases the odds that Kawhi Leonard is playing alongside a former Shocker next year.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Beverly Bradley Lou Will some picks... Plus a player here or there is way better then what Lakers offered

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
          Beverly Bradley Lou Will some picks... Plus a player here or there is way better then what Lakers offered
          Avery Bradley plus a couple of 30 year olds, one an unrestricted free agent this summer, is better trade bait than Lonzo, Kyle Kuzma, and Brandon Ingram? You're talking about three guys, two of whom are 21, on bargain basement contracts, and with long-term possibilities through restricted free agency.

Bradley, Beverly, and Lou Williams are great players if you want to win this year. They can be key role players on really good teams. The Pelicans are not going to be a very good team without AD (I mean, they weren't a very good team with AD). If you give up AD for those three guys, you are going to have absolutely nothing to show for it in two years. NBA GMs have been known to make some bad trades, but that would be unprecedented level of bad.

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            I should have been a bit more clear...I was thinking of adding those 3 with Randle Holiday Mirotic... And going from there... Draft some young players... But also stay competitive

Anyone else really want the Lakers to trade Lonzo to New Orleans JUST to make his dad mad? lol

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
            Horn28Clem30 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're any team, why would you want him included in a deal strictly for that reason!? He's actually impressed me quite a bit more than I expected, but my god I wouldn't want that circus around!

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Avery Bradley plus a couple of 30 year olds, one an unrestricted free agent this summer, is better trade bait than Lonzo, Kyle Kuzma, and Brandon Ingram? You're talking about three guys, two of whom are 21, on bargain basement contracts, and with long-term possibilities through restricted free agency.

Bradley, Beverly, and Lou Williams are great players if you want to win this year. They can be key role players on really good teams. The Pelicans are not going to be a very good team without AD (I mean, they weren't a very good team with AD). If you give up AD for those three guys, you are going to have absolutely nothing to show for it in two years. NBA GMs have been known to make some bad trades, but that would be unprecedented level of bad.
          His dad might be the most unlikeable human NOT named Dan Muller

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

His dad might be the most unlikeable human NOT named Dan Muller
            He's worse than Dan Muller .. I'll fully admit that.

Comment

I agree the Clippers may be making a play for AD either now or this summer more likely this summer. Tanking out of the playoffs is smart by the clippers this year because they owe their lottery protected 1st round pick to the Celtics this year if not conveyed this year they owe it in 2020 if still not conveyed it becomes a 2022 2nd round pick. The unprotected Miami 21 first round pick is likely to be more valuable than any pick the lakers offer in the near future. Landry Shamet can not be traded back to the 76ers for one year, and he can not be traded in combination with another player for 2 months. He can be traded immediately in a 1 for 1 deal or for draft picks. There is no way Lou williams, patrick beverley, danilo gallinari, and Avery Bradly net you AD. But i'm betting they turn those players into a few more picks. Then they try to trade some combination of young players and picks for AD this summer while also pursuing Kawhi Leonard in free agency.

Comment

As an employer, if an employee wanted out and didn't want to work for me, I'd move on from the employee. If I could get cash, younger players, future picks - anything - I'd take it. Anthony Davis sells tickets, that's about it. Exciting younger players coming out of college do the same thing. Looking at the Laker roster, there's just not that much to get excited about. Ball is ehhh and come with too much baggage, Ingram is day-to-day interested / not interested (or maybe he just always looks glassy-eyed). Kuzma, more hype than substance there. I don't even like watching the Lakers. The Pelicans cannot win in this situation, in fact, their reluctance to try and hold on to water slipping thru their fingers only makes me want to root against them. Awesome scenario: Davis stays in NO, opts out and resigns on his own in 1-1/2 years.

I like watching good basketball. Right now, the way they move the ball and shoot, its Warriors. It could change tomorrow, or next season. I have NO FAVORITES. However, if Kyrie and Durant both opt out and sign with the Knicks, and they can someone get either Morant, Zion, or Barrett in the draft, then I'll probably start watching. It doesn't make New York a favorite for me, its just looks like fun to watch (on paper). I'd feel better if Owner Dolan would sell to someone who gave a rats ass, maybe upgrade their GM, and get rid of Coach Fizdale.

Comment

• Raptors have some spots open now and are in need of guards. Freddie needs to pull some strings and get Ron up North!

Comment

• I was just messing around and looking at NBA player stats when I noticed something cool.

Of the top-40 players in terms of assists per game, FVV has the second best assist-to-turnover ratio in the entire NBA (3.64) behind Darrin Collison (3.82).

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• With Landry being traded to the Clippers I might actually have a reason to go up to butt stink LA and see a game. :good:

Comment

• Fred with 30 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists tonight in a win at Atlanta.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                          Maizerunner08 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Freddy is just killing it.

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        With Landry being traded to the Clippers I might actually have a reason to go up to butt stink LA and see a game. :good:
                        Tempting...but a big screen works just as well in Orange, San Diego and Maricopa (in my case) county. Lol. I used to live and love LA when I was younger. Last 20-25 years...nope. But if you go...may I call "shotgun"??? :)
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Fred was a +32 as well
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Kung Wu
                            Kung Wu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Tekele Cotton!!!
                        Working...
                        X