No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred cooking tonight with 11 first half points on 5 of 8 shooting.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
      1979Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Fred finishes with 15 points in the 2 point win over the Suns.

Landry went off tonight. 18 pts in 20 mins against the Rockets
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Reggie Miller provided the color (Kevin Harlan play-by-play) and gushed about Landry and coach Marshall. Also mentioned Fred and said Ron should be picked up by someone.

• kcshocker11
      kcshocker11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Watched it on TNT, Landry was as solid as a rock!

Hee;hee.. Not *totally*. He had one atomic bomb pass I am sure he would have liked back.

Comment

Wow! Landry definitely made the right decision in going Pro and more power to him.

But just think what a year he also might have had as a Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        Wow! Landry definitely made the right decision in going Pro and more power to him.

But just think what a year he also might have had as a Shocker.
        I was so wrong about Landry, thank goodness. I thought he would fail coming out after last season. In fact I made the comment "I wouldn't want to be the NBA GM that signs off on drafting him in the first round." It wasn't that I didn't believe he could succeed in the NBA, I thought he needed one more year. Maybe I need to be fired from my backseat GM job! I am so happy for him.

Comment

• DUShock
          DUShock commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Shocktoberfest ... it's Philadelphia. The PA has to repeat the names over and over so the fans have a hope of grasping who he is talking about.

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          That gets old really fast.

• forevershockerfan
          forevershockerfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Shamet is #1 and always a Shocker!

Great game from Landry. I'm guessing he would like that tomahawk dunk attempt over Marquis Chriss back though...:witless:

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          That one was returned to sender, but it didn't seem to bother him; he hit a shot (maybe a 3) on the next possession.

• MikeKennedyRulZ
          MikeKennedyRulZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Very true. It was a bold move and at least he had the cajones to attempt it. And it didn’t bother him one bit.

I keep wondering what last year could have been like if Shamet had played SG instead of PG. While he was easily the best option at PG last year, It looks like he's a REALLY good SG.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had the same thoughts. Last night he played PG for the final 7-8 minutes and performed well... definitely a luxury for the Sixers.

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          I would accept his as our point guard this year. He can play the point but he is probably an elite shooter.

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd take him as our WATER boy this year!

With Leonard, Anunoby, and Valanciunas out/injuried for tonight's game, the Raptors win 120-105 over the Kings. Fred stills knows how to beat Yogi Ferrell and Frank Mason, also getting a win also over Willie Cauley-Stein and showing off for former Sunrise/OU Buddy Hield.

Fred's line: 32 minutes, 6-10 / 3-6 / 4-5, 19 points (tied for leading Raptor scorer), 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal. and 1 block.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice. Now there is a basketball player.

• wusphlash
          wusphlash commented
          Editing a comment
          Doesn't Fred getting blocks in the NBA on such a regular basis make you scratch your head just a little?

Dang, I miss this kid.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, I miss this man.

Fred has an uncanny ability to use his body to shield getting the ball to the glass, which is important since he isn't a pogo stick leaper. And of course so good at being in the right place at the right time, ridiculous level of BBIQ.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
          Fred has an uncanny ability to use his body to shield getting the ball to the glass, which is important since he isn't a pogo stick leaper. And of course so good at being in the right place at the right time, ridiculous level of BBIQ.
          And you can see this in the FVV highlights from last night. 3:30 worth of highlights!

Last edited by ShockTalk; January 24, 2019, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

And you can this this in the FVV highlights from last night. 3:30 worth of highlights!

Yup. His drive under the basket is the perfect example. He isn't leaping tremendously high, but he put his body between the ball and the defender to create enough space to put the shot up. I used to wonder why he ended up on the deck so much, but once you realize it is because of how he uses his body to shield, it is pretty apparent. Also good for trying to draw fouls.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

A big comeback by the Sixers at home (without Jimmy Butler) coming back from down 8 in the last couple of minutes to beat San Antonio 122-120 in terrific game. Landry had a couple of very key baskets in the 4th quarter. Landry made a 3+1 four point play with about 6 minutes left pulled the Sixers to within 1 and then after SA moved back out to a 120-112 lead Landry knocked down a 3 to pull the Sixers to within 120-117. A J.J. Redick 3+1 put the Sixers up 121-120. The student and the master combine to perhaps the key offensive plays in the Sixer comeback.

Landry finished with 14 points on 5-7 from the field (3-5 from 3) and 1-1 from the line and led the Sixers with 3 steals in 22 minutes of play.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 23, 2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              A big comeback by the Sixers at home (without Jimmy Butler) coming back from down 8 in the last couple of minutes to beat San Antonio 122-120 in terrific game. Landry had a couple of very key baskets in the 4th quarter. Landry made a 3+1 four point play with about 6 minutes left pulled the Sixers to within 1 and then after SA moved back out to a 120-112 lead Landry knocked down a 3 to pull the Sixers to within 120-117. A J.J. Redick 3+1 put the Sixers up 121-120. The student and the master combine to perhaps the key offensive plays in the Sixer comeback.

Landry finished with 14 points on 5-7 from the field (3-5 from 3) and 1-1 from the line and led the Sixers with 3 steals in 22 minutes of play.

Comment

Working...
              X