No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy scored points 28,29, and 30 appropriately on about a 30 foot 3-pointer.

Atlanta had a 66-49 lead in the 2nd quarter. Toronto won the game 119-101.

Stream live NBA games, game replays, video highlights, and access featured NBA TV programming online with Watch NBA TV

That was beautiful fast break by the Raptors. No dribbles, 3 passes, and the first one went backwards, resulting in a half-court Fred to Siakam dime for a slam dunk.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 7, 2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Trade Lowry and let FVV and OG run the show

Comment

• I sure hope someone on the Shox staff is sharing these videos with Burton, Torres, and the whole team.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          I sure hope someone on the Shox staff is sharing these videos with Burton, Torres, and the whole team.
          Eh, i agree but i don't. It's nice to show them good examples, but at the same time, I'm sure they get tired of hearing how they need to be more like Fred or Ron or Landry. They need to be better, but they need to be their own player.

Comment

• WuShock16
            WuShock16 commented
            Editing a comment
            I see your point, but there can be a method to that madness. I remember Eric Wedge saying that a significant part of his motivation to win the title in '89 was because he was sick and tired about hearing Gene gush about the '82 team.

I'm all for whatever it takes to get back to the Promised Land.

• FadedCrown
            FadedCrown commented
            Editing a comment
            Why would they be tired of it? They have had amazing predecessors.

• When's the last time a Shocker scored 30 in NBA game? Has to be X, Carr or Livingston.

Comment

• WuShock16
            WuShock16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cliff never had 30, scoring 29 twice.

X had 42 in a playoff loss against the Showtime Lakers (the eventual champs in 1987).

Antoine's career high is 41.

• jdmee
            jdmee commented
            Editing a comment
            Wonder if Gottlieb thinks FVV is Pretty good yet?

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Narcissists never admit they were wrong on anything...

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Eh, i agree but i don't. It's nice to show them good examples, but at the same time, I'm sure they get tired of hearing how they need to be more like Fred or Ron or Landry. They need to be better, but they need to be their own player.
          I agree...no sickness...PROBABLY why they are here...

Comment

• Shamet with 17 in his Clippers debut!

Comment

• mattdalt
              mattdalt commented
              Editing a comment
              Clippers come from 28 down to win by 11. Landy has 4 threes in the fourth, including a 4 point play. Scores 13 in the fourth.

• Landry Shamet brings inquisitiveness and outside shooting to young Clippers

Comment

• Lawrence Frank on Landry Shamet

Comment

• Comment

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man that is awesome. Way to go Landry.

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh snap!

• Landry is so smooth. Love his game.

Comment

• OKC released Alex Abrines today. According to league rules, they must add 2 players. It's assumed they'll add 10 day contract guys until the buyout picture clears.

Abrines had personal issues. If OKC wants a teammate who won't cause any problems, will be a standout guy and give you everything he has and ask for nothing in return, I may know a guy they should look at....his name rhymes with Don Shaker.

Comment

• Woodrow
                    Woodrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully Rob Barker has been doing nothing but shooting 3 pointers as that is all he needs to improve to make it in the League.

• It really feels like Landry is so much better than he ever was in college. Maybe my memory is already failing me or him playing PG limited his output. Maybe we had too many options on the team last year.

It hurts to fantasize about what he could’ve done on the team this year

Comment

• another shocker
                    another shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    he should have been mvp of the mvc as a freshman

• ArtVandalay
                    ArtVandalay commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He's playing off the ball exclusively on the NBA and he runs around the perimeter getting screens and has such a quick catch and release. Counting the extra free throw on the four point play, 13 of his 17 points were the result of the 3 ball. That's been the case every big game for him.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Seriously, Stick?

No one worth having on your team should EVER get tired of watching how things are done correctly, whether it's video of FVV a few days or years ago, or Oscar Robertson a few decades ago. It's fine to be your own guy, and to adapt winning techniques to your own game. But first you need to know, and really absorb and assimilate, what winning technique looks like. THEN you adapt it and practice until your version becomes an automatic part of what you do yourself.

Comment

• Comment

• Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Excellent stuff, Landry!
                  Working...
                  X