Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LS was straight sniping.

Obviously the idea this season was to put Landry in whenever Reddick went to the bench.....but dang they looked good out there tonight when they were both on the floor together. They were killers in the late 4th quarter.

That McConnell kid is hard nosed and tough. Like they way he plays as well.

Comment

Did Philly have three guards when JJ and LS were on the court? Was either JJ or LS playing the three? I watched the last part of the game and I think that is the case, though I am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Did Philly have three guards when JJ and LS were on the court? Was either JJ or LS playing the three? I watched the last part of the game and I think that is the case, though I am not sure.
        Their lineups are odd due to Ben Simmons. He plays the point but can't shoot. So he's like a 3/4 that plays the 1.

Comment

Brett Brown and JJ Redick give Landry Shamet credit for win over Spurs

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2019...in-over-spurs/

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            “I say it all the time, he is a grown-up, he’s not your typical rookie,” Redick said on Wednesday night.

“He’s got a man’s demeanor, a man’s poise. He’s got a lot of confidence in himself, a quiet confidence, but he’s got a lot of confidence in himself. It’s fun to see a guy who’s 21 years old and is already, basically a pro. He acts like a pro, he plays like a pro.”

I would say a common thread that was exhibited by Fred and Ron as well as Landry even back in their Shocker playing days.

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment

Landry is 24th in 3-pt percentage and 26th in 3-pointers made per minute played. Here is comparison of Fred and Landry to date.

FredLandry.png
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Comment

Landry is gonna make a lot of money in the Association. A lot. Good for him.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

These are great videos on Fred and Landry. I am always reminded of the Yogi Bera qoute. " You can learn alot by just watching" Our guys could learn a lot by watching how Fred goes around a screen and how he takes the ball to the basket. Fred always makes sure that his body is in between the defender which is why he gets his shot off against taller and bigger players. Fred simple hesitation on how he goes around the screen to make sure he causes the mismatch is just awesome. He is either going to take it to the basket or pass to the screener cutting to the basket or to screener on the fade for the 3 point shot. There are at least 3 good options for the smart player as compared to turning the ball over.

Comment

Ron Baker gets 2 player votes for the All Star game. Nice to see!

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Does that make him an alternate?

With the number of guys who get "injured" right before this game, or who have wounds that need to be healed, or sudden commitments that keep them from playing in All-Star games, do you think they might get deep enough into the voting to put Baker on a roster?

Yes, I'm kidding, but that is interesting to see. He got the same number of player votes as VanVleet.

Landry with the chase down block and then rewarded with the 4 point play. On TNT now vs Golden State

Comment

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Niiiiiiice!

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shamet finished with 10 points on 3/3 from the field (all 3's) and 1/1 FT. Also had 3 assists. All that in 13 minutesm which was the most of any non-starter.

Landry is just a bad mf. He got game. And was coached by a superior coach in Marshall. In my part of the state I had to listen to all that smack about good Devonti Graham and how outstanding he and Frank Mason and Wayne Seldon were for the chickenhawks. When I said Fred, Ron, and Laundry were better the chicken hawk fans said I was nuts. I was told no Wichita State player could be better than a player at kansas. It was not just how they told me but how they looked at me that suggested that I was wrong. I am sure many of you have seen the same look if you even attempt to try and have a conversation with their fans. WELL AS THEY SAY IN BASKETBALL THE BALL DON'T LIE. Shock players are better.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                  FadedCrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just to verify this is true...

Landry Shamet: 11.4 PER, 2.3 WS
                  Fred VanVleet: 13.3 PER, 2.8 WS
                  Frank Mason: 12.3 PER, 0.3 WS

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well said, I deal with that $hit on a daily basis from family and friends.

“Fred couldn’t wear Frank's jock.”
                  “Shamet’s not good enough to play at KU.”
                  “Baker would be lucky to play 10 minutes a game at KU.”
                  Last edited by WstateU; February 1, 2019, 09:41 AM.

• im4wsu
                  im4wsu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  WstateU:
                  Well said, I deal with that $hit on a daily basis from family and friends.

“Fred couldn’t wear Frank's jock.”
                  “Shamet’s not good enough to play at KU.”
                  “Baker would be lucky to play 10 minutes a game at KU.”

KU would have been extremely lucky to have Baker play even one minute for them.

Another positive article about L Shamet!

Comment

I just heard LS was left off of the Rising Stars Game (or whatever its called) during All Star weekend? What a crime if true.

Comment

Well, to be fair, they use both first and second year players and it's USA vs. the world. So to put LS in the top 10 first or second year players might be a stretch. The team includes Ben Simmons, Lonzo Ball, Trae Young and Marvin Bagley among others. There's not much room there. But I feel you. He should have gotten a good look at least.

Comment

This just in...Landry was one of the last four out!

Comment

Working...
                      X