Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I won't get into the weeds arguing #7-#9, but it is amazing how many mistakes the NBA talent experts make. It is very difficult to measure things like heart, brains, hard work, toughness, etc. The experts try but don't do a very good job. Undrafted players like Fred, and under rated players like Pascal S. are just not on their radar.
    My son and I were discussing this exact point. How inexact the talent evalution is. We brought this point up as Fred was standing next to Markelle Fultz.

Another undrafdted player for the Raptors to keep your eye on is Terence Davis.

Comment

• Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Kind of puts our latest Golden Era into perspective. We had the baddest ass PG on the planet at the time. It would be prudent to adjust our expectations accordingly.

"I don't even need to coach when he's on the floor" -Gregg Marshall

FML

*sigh*

T

Comment

• P.S. Gregg should send Fred a very nice Christmas, Birthday, New Year's, MLK, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, and Veterans Day card (I think that's all of 'em) Without Fred, he'd likely still be making $1.3M per.

P.P.S. On second thought... without Fred, Marshall would have jumped at the first BCS opportunity so we all need to be sending Fred a card for every holiday too.

P.P.P.S. Fred pretty much made us a National Power. Now Fred's gone and the perennial top 25 status is a distant memory.

T

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

P.P.P.S. Fred pretty much made us a National Power. Now Fred's gone and the perennial top 25 status is a distant memory.

I'm pretty sure we were ranked pretty steadily before Fred arrived and have been up in the polls for a little while after he left too.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cold is ‘jerking chains’ again...
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Hard to be ranked after you lose 6 seniors, your best player and a decent guard. It takes 2 years to rebuild from this, if you are successful. We are at a point where we are Top 40 again, but Top 25 will come either late this year or next year. Remember, we are still young.

Also, we beat out our projected ranks last year...

Preseason KenPom: 71st
                  Final KenPom: 66th

Preseaon AAC Coaches Poll: 8th
                  Final Finish: 6th

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Fred’s going to win the lottery this offseason. It’s just a matter of which jackpot.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I've been utterly impressed by VanVleet. That fella managed to fill some pretty big shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I'm pretty sure we were ranked pretty steadily before Fred arrived and have been up in the polls for a little while after he left too.
                            Ya, Cold is hittin the pipe pretty hard before posting that one. I love Fred as much as anybody, but the Shox were consistently ranked and making waves before him.

Comment

• I'm not sure Cold was being serious. Fred was a freshman who averaged 16 minutes and 4 points per game while never starting on the final four team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                                I'm not sure Cold was being serious. Fred was a freshman who averaged 16 minutes and 4 points per game while never starting on the final four team.
                                "And you want to be my latex salesman..."

Comment

Working...
                                X