No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron Baker was back in Wichita at Koch Arena. What’s next for the former Shocker star?

BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE

Comment

Shamet with 12 points in the first half vs the Wizards.

Comment

He's up to 24. 7-10 from 3 after 3 quarters.

Make that 27 on 8-11.

Comment

Comment

Ended up with 29.

Comment

Way to stand up for Ron, Landry. Kicked the Wizards in the balls.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I think he torched the knicks a day or two after cutting Ron last month.....now it's the Wizards

lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    Any more questions as to why we are struggling this season after our Sophmore Point Guard went and got paid??? Great job recruiting Coach Marshall...and awesome job Landry Shament!!!! As for me...I'll continue to love me some Gregg Marshall and my WICHITA ST. SHOCKERS!!!!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• BostonWu
                      BostonWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If he, Lomax and TA were playing this team would once again be dancing in March. Unfortunately it really was a perfect storm.

Sh sh sh shamet amet amett

awesome!
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

From The Athletic - The story of Landry Shamet's rise and the rookie's relationship with JJ Redick

A great article, as anyone with a subscription has come to expect.

Markis​ McDuffie can pinpoint​ the​ exact​ day, time​ and place Landry Shamet​ alerted​ the country​ that​ his future​ included the​ NBA.

March​​ 19, 2017, 5 p.m., Indianapolis. Tenth-seeded Wichita State had just fallen to second-seeded Kentucky 65-62 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament but Shamet, then a 20-year-old redshirt freshman, dropped a game-high 20 points on 7-of-14 shooting.

That year, Kentucky boasted three lottery picks and five future NBA players. The Shockers countered with one who brought an intrepid ethos.

“Shoot, he never backed down. We had to play against De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo. Those are three guys that are in the league right now playing big roles,” McDuffie told The Athletic. “He just showed out against them and that’s when he really broke out for other guys to see, like, ‘All right, this guy’s definitely a first-round draft pick.’

Comment

LS is #1! Awesome game and he's far from done!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

That article was equal parts high on LS and promo for the shocker program, nice.

Comment

I just wish there would be a player to say such high praises for Markis...too much to ask for I supposed.

Comment

During the 4th quarter last night Landry was able to play the point guard position. He racked up 4 assists very quickly. Nice job LS

Comment

• ShoxRoxMySox
                                ShoxRoxMySox commented
                                Editing a comment
                                LS also had a team high +/- at +26
                            Working...
                            X