No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article, thanks for posting. Guys, Fred already sounds like a coach. After being an NBA star, maybe he will coach next?

Comment

• 10 most important players in the finals...

Comment

• Landry Shamet is donating all the proceeds from his basketball camps in Kansas City to the Boys and Girls Club of South Central Kansas, The interview is out of KC, so they didn't talk about his Wichita camps much.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Great interview. Landry being from KC I can undestand why thet focus alot on KC but they do show some highlights of Landry at WSU and do mention the Wichita camp at the end.

Comment

• Should also be noted that the interviewer (Dani Welniak) was a sportscaster in Wichita (KWCH) previously.

Comment

• FVV doing his thing. 7pts 2a but what he's doing on Curry on defense...0 buckets and only 2 free throws since coming in the game

Comment

• Fred is doing a fabulous job defending Curry!
                Shocker Alumni
                Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    No No No No. Myron you are wrong.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told by chickenhawk fans here in Northeast Kansas that Frank Mason is better than Fred Vanvleet, and so is Mellow Trimble. I was also told it was just wrong last year for Landry Shamet to be drafted ahead of Devonti Graham, Ski , and M. Newman. These players are better than Landry. I am sure other shocker fans have heard similar statements or experienced something similar. Thus , Myron please consult with the expert fans from Kansas before you make these type of statement.

Comment

• BostonWu
                      BostonWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      To be fair there was a fairly large and vocal contingent of Shocker fans that said Landry wasn't ready for the NBA and was making a mistake leaving early. That was nothing more than self-serving bias.

• VERY interesting stat I just read... DeMarcus Cousins is the first player coached by John Calipari to play a game in the NBA Finals.

Read differently,Gregg Marshall produces more winners than John Calipari.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

No No No No. Myron you are wrong.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told by chickenhawk fans here in Northeast Kansas that Frank Mason is better than Fred Vanvleet, and so is Mellow Trimble. I was also told it was just wrong last year for Landry Shamet to be drafted ahead of Devonti Graham, Ski , and M. Newman. These players are better than Landry. I am sure other shocker fans have heard similar statements or experienced something similar. Thus , Myron please consult with the expert fans from Kansas before you make these type of statement.
                      Those fans understand one thing only: Theirs were a better "fit" for ku. It's the only thing they're (Chickenhawks) right about.

Ours were the "much better fit" for WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                        VERY interesting stat I just read... DeMarcus Cousins is the first player coached by John Calipari to play a game in the NBA Finals.

Bob McKillop, Randy Bennett, and Steve Fisher produce better winners than Gregg Marshall.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
                          WichitaStateGuy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My mom produces more winners than your mom. ;)

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                        VERY interesting stat I just read... DeMarcus Cousins is the first player coached by John Calipari to play a game in the NBA Finals.

Missing a key componenr:

1st KENTUCKY player coached by John Calipari to play in the NBA Finals.

Comment

• To be fair, UK players are lottery drafts to crap franchises in general.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• How big a lead does a team have to have on the Warriors before its fans can feel comfortable? Twenty points with two minutes left? Fifteen points with 30 seconds to go? To me, it didn’t feel like the Raptors had Game 1 locked up until they were actually dribbling out the final ticks, up nine with the shot clock turned…
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                            X