Wichita State vs Oral Roberts Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echenique with a final +/- of +34
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      Did I really hear “Superman that Hoe” on the system tonight?
      Yep, just a friendly reminder that some genius in the athletic department thinks it's better to play that than to let our band play.

Comment

• SHJ actually played somewhat under control tonight, thought that helped keep the game under control. I hope this continues.

Comment

• Happy for Malone...good game for him. Lots of love shown by the Shockers (and coach) to him in the handshake line...deserved. You could see that he had a real relationship with the guys he knew from the end of the bench. AM practically mauled him. Good win for the Shocks...nice to win going away. And any arena that plays "Rudolf, the Red Nosed Reindeer" (no matter how much they pumped it up) needs some SERIOUS HELP!!!
          Last edited by Singeril; December 19, 2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• pie n eye
            pie n eye commented
            Editing a comment
            I liked the Rudolph with a beat.

• Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
          SHJ actually played somewhat under control tonight, thought that helped keep the game under control. I hope this continues.
          I'll go ahead and agree with this for the most part. It looks like a concerted effort was made to release a bit of the JUCO out of him. Early in the second half however, he did get the itch back with a couple of questionable shots, resulting in a 40% FG night. Definitely moving in the right direction there when we don't give away the ball on JUCO shots that are essentially turnovers.

Let's hope this wasn't an aberration but the start of a trend.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
            Happy for Malone...good game for him. Lots of love shown by the Shockers (and coach) to him in the handshake line...deserved. You could see that he had a real relationship with the guys he knew from the end of the bench. AM practically mauled him. Good win for the Shocks...nice to win won going away. And any arena that plays "Rudolf, the Red Nosed Reindeer" (not matter how much they pumped it up) needs some SERIOUS HELP!!!
            They seriously played Rudolph? Oh FFS.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              Gene Autry

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

They seriously played Rudolph? Oh FFS.
            Even worse it was dang hip hop version of it. Whom ever runs the production at games sucks this year! I've been going to WSU games as student for 5 years and this year has to be the worst when it comes to production.
            Shocker Alumni
            Shocker Club Soccer alumni
            Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              I do not worry so much about the music selection, but there seems to be a concerted effort to never let the crowd stay engaged during a timeout.

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

Even worse it was dang hip hop version of it. Whom ever runs the production at games sucks this year! I've been going to WSU games as student for 5 years and this year has to be the worst when it comes to production.
            Actually, it was still Gene Autry singing..but with hip hop accompaniment...embarrassing.

Comment

• Got to enjoy the team finishing strong. The should translate to a happier kicker room and a group with more energy in practice.

I cannot wait for the VCU game!

Comment

• I’m not sure if the band even played more than a couple songs.

Did get to hear about bitches and hoes at 105 dB, so there’s always that.

Forgot to turn on the lights during half, so also got to see a few elderly patrons nearly take headers down 100 ft of concrete stairs, so there’s that too. Somebody must have offered to sponsor a new promo about halfs spent in the dark.

Good times...

Think Triumph the Insult Comic Dog must be the new head of game time production, ‘cause there’s plenty of s*** to be found around the arena, figuratively.

Comment

• Nice win by the Shocks with some positive moments. Guess which Santa reindeer is the meanest? Rudolph because he can be so rude. A win Sat. will have to be earned to the max. and Let's hope our beloved Shocks are ready for a tough challenge and bring home the Win.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  I’m not sure if the band even played more than a couple songs.

Did get to hear about bitches and hoes at 105 dB, so there’s always that.

Forgot to turn on the lights during half, so also got to see a few elderly patrons nearly take headers down 100 ft of concrete stairs, so there’s that too. Somebody must have offered to sponsor a new promo about halfs spent in the dark.

Good times...
                  Seeing how I'm no longer a season ticket holder, I do always look forward to your reports from the well-executed production of a Wichita State basketball fan experience on a regular basis. It never disappoints.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Seeing how I'm no longer a season ticket holder, I do always look forward to your reports from the well-executed production of a Wichita State basketball fan experience on a regular basis. It never disappoints.
                    Game itself (like when the clock was actually ticking) was pretty damn solid, BTW, I probably should add. Torres’ coming out party. SHJ smoked another mediocre team. MM played like a GD man. Our bigs are coming together (less AM). Burton maybe figuring things out. Stevenson still deciding what combination of Baker, Cotton, and Wessel he wants to be, but it’ll be good. No Moore Chance(s) still def in the intro video (not expecting that to change, but it’s weird).

Comment

• McDuffie passes Jamie Arnold on scoring lost. Woefully behind in hot dogs.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I can't believe hip-hop music, full volume ++, foul language and almost no pep band. I've never heard most of the s***. Had to Sound Hound it to find out what it even was. Solja Boy, Mo Bomba, what?

Agreed the game itself was one of the Shocks best so far. Plenty of bone head plays and wild shots but many more minutes of solid execution and max effort. I'm really liking a bunch of these players. If you're not coming out you're missing the fun.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                        X