• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbal Commits@VerbalCommits 5h5 hours ago

More
    • Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet

Former North Carolina G Seventh Woods is transferring to South Carolina.

Comment

• Ricky gets immediate eligibility. Looks like we did what we could to make sure this happened. To me, this all but confirmed that West Virginia blocked Teddy's waiver.

Comment

• BOBB
        BOBB commented
        Editing a comment
        Ricky seems like a stand-up guy. Hopefully he brings some respectability and discipline to the Redbird program.

• Any quality transfers remaining?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Any quality transfers remaining?
        A few ... but we would be coming in very, very late. I don't see how we could make much headway there and would guess that if we don't land Bilau (which is a serious longshot), we'll just stand pat and let Busse or somebody have the scholly this year.

Of the remaining grad transfers the three that were interesting were:
        • Tyler Scanlon, a really good 6-7 SF from Boston U., just hit the market a few days ago. His list is Illinois (the assumed leader), Belmont, George Washington, Richmond and Arkansas with Minnesota and Florida in contact. Scanlon averaged 13.8 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 3.3 assists last season.
        • (ED: Added per 1989's input) Shakur Juiston, who led Samaje's Hutch team to the Natty a couple of years ago, is apparently still on the market. 6-7, 220lb. forward who averaged almost a double double for UNLV before suffering a season ending knee injury. He's visited Oregon and Grand Canyon and is said to be considering Seton Hall, as well. He would be a perfect fit in every way.
        • Kerry Blackshear Jr, from Va. Tech, whom we recruited out of high school, is down to blue bloods. No chance there.
        • We also recruited Darius Allen, a 6-4 wing from Baylor, out of high school, but he didn't do much in his two years there.
        On the juco side -- only a couple of the Top 100 still remain but they're not great fits on paper and you'd probably be taking these guys sight unseen.

#88 Caleb Coleman is a strong 6-6 small forward from State Fair CC who might be a fit for rebounding and midrange scoring (15.4 PPG / 6.7 RPG). His three-point percentage last year was 4.1% (1-25) thus -- applying the Ricky Torres Juco Trey Corollary -- he projects as a 57% three point shooter at the D1 level. :suspicion: He listed Coastal Carolina, Texas State, Southern, Louisiana Monroe, Rio Grande Valley and Detroit in November, with "calls from Texas Tech and several others."
        Last edited by Wuzee; June 18, 2019, 02:02 PM. Reason: Added Shakur Juiston
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• ^^^Any reason why Shakur Juiston isn’t on your list?

Comment

• Wuzee
            Wuzee commented
            Editing a comment
            Wasn't listed as playing right away on the list I was using -- but let me say immediately: "Yes, please." He would be a perfect fit in that he would replace what we were looking for from Teddy.
            Last edited by Wuzee; June 18, 2019, 04:21 PM.

• Transfers have become, over the last handful of years, a major component of recruiting. We’re approaching 800 total transfers for this year. Think about this: Texas Tech wouldn’t have reached the F…

Comment

• moshock
            moshock commented
            Editing a comment
            Things that make you go hmmm....

• Quentin Grimes transferring from KU to Houston.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              While I don't give a crap about what Illinois State does, I hope Ricky tears up the MVC.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            I saw he mentioned surgery... I wonder if he felt if he had surgery he would lose his spot? Surgery and a redshirt might have done him wonders.

Comment

• Such a random tweet. First tweet in 2 days, and he posts that. Wasn't responding to anyone. Just tweeted that out.

Comment

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe he just found out?

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
              Such a random tweet. First tweet in 2 days, and he posts that. Wasn't responding to anyone. Just tweeted that out.

If you haven't sent out a tweet in 2 days, most likely it will be random. Is random bad? I am just not understanding your judgement of said post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

If you haven't sent out a tweet in 2 days, most likely it will be random. Is random bad? I am just not understanding your judgement of said post.
                Maybe it is Fairgame’s random tho
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• So if RT had his surgery while here and redshirted and thus didn't transfer, who would our last commit have been before Bilau? Was it Sherfield or Wade? We still probably get Bilau when TA was dismissed.

Comment

• I hope everything works out well for Torres, both on the court and in life hereafter. If he could have hit the three at anything even resembling his historical percentage, he'd have been a very helpful player, and the Shocks would have been better than they were, and it would have happened sooner.

Having said that, I'm very happy with what WSU's roster has evolved into since the end of last season. And I think the PG spot where Torres played (or would have been this coming year if he had taken a medical redshirt for surgery) has lots of promise for next season and beyond, and probably more than would have been the case.

Comment

• If he was fighting a torn meniscuc, that could explain his weird footwork and jump on shooting the three.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                      X