No announcement yet.

2018-19 Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there isn't a perfect fit for everyone. i thank austin and ali for their committments and look forward to our newcomers. while the recruiting process is long and tedious, i loved my hockey coach in college during the early practices but clashed on style down the road. i finished it out, but can definitely see how someone would want to transfer for a "better fit".

Comment

• Why do some of you concern yourselves with the opinion of Bradley sheep? I understand their souls ache after we spurned them and their cute little conference. I also understand that is why they make such ridiculous comments to try and make themselves feel better. I do not understand why any of us would actually care what a fan base of an irrelevant school in a now irrelevant conference says. Bradley may have potential, but it appears that it will not be realized any time in the foreseeable future.

If this Tornado character has to use walk-ons leaving to make himself feel better, who the **** cares? He obviously has some sort of mental instability and his opinions are as irrelevant as the Missouri Valley. Do not taint your souls anymore by caring at all what the soulless bastards over there think.
      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        What the heck, GH -- let the guy have his fun this year. Anyone who can call one year a streak of consecutive appearances has an entertaining sense of the absurd.

After next season it will be WSU 1 (a new streak!) and Bradley none, and moving on from there they'll have disappeared in the rear view mirror.

• GottliebHater
        GottliebHater commented
        Editing a comment
        My bad. I'd delete it if they hadn't completely erased the thread from existence. Sometimes we forget that Bradley fans are people too. Probably shouldn't take away their pride from a one-and-done tournament experience; some will be telling their grandkids about it someday.

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, after next season I guess it'll probably be two new streaks: WSU 1 in, and Bradley 1 out.

The question then will become which ends up lasting longer. We know that futility is much easier to achieve than success, but with Bradley having the advantage of still being in the Valley they may stumble back in sooner than WSU misses again.

• Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
      Why do some of you concern yourselves with the opinion of Bradley sheep? I understand their souls ache after we spurned them and their cute little conference. I also understand that is why they make such ridiculous comments to try and make themselves feel better. I do not understand why any of us would actually care what a fan base of an irrelevant school in a now irrelevant conference says. Bradley may have potential, but it appears that it will not be realized any time in the foreseeable future.

If this Tornado character has to use walk-ons leaving to make himself feel better, who the **** cares? He obviously has some sort of mental instability and his opinions are as irrelevant as the Missouri Valley. Do not taint your souls anymore by caring at all what the soulless bastards over there think.
      Absolutely this.

Caring and concerning ourselves with what an irrelevant mid major fanbase thinks is just dumb. Honestly who cares? I’m kinda wondering why one would venture over to a Bradley board in the first place.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• JVShocker
        JVShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know what's going on the Bradley board, nor do I care. I took all of 3 minutes of my day to look up Bradley's record on the Googles. 40-28 the last 2 years and an NCAA Tourney appearance. 27-71 the three years prior when we were in the league. They should be happy we've moved on. Just as they should do. And really, I can spend no more time in my life wondering what BU trolls think of WSU.

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanHoops 2h2 hours ago
      • Copy link to Tweet
      • Embed Tweet

Two more guys transferring: Cincinnati big man Nysier Brooks (8.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg) and Tulsa guard and grad transfer Curran Scott (8.9 ppg).

Comment

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate to see talent leave the conference but it's to be expected when a coach leaves.

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        Brooks is a difference maker on the defensive end. That hurts Cincy and the league.

• I think it's time to move on from discussing Austin and his transfer. Old news.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Austin's departure is old news, but his comments were not. I was glad to see the story and get the added info.

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      I think it's time to move on from discussing Austin and his transfer. Old news.
      I don't disagree although I don't begrudge others sharing articles in which someone, even former players (especially former players) discuss Wichita State. I liked Austin and enjoyed watching him drain 3s. I wasn't a fan of his decision making and apparently nor was Gregg. But I would say that his comments about the difference between the two coaches complimented the "hand shake" at the end of the WSU-OU game. Wow, talk about body language!

Comment

• It's college basketball's version of free agency. We've ranked the top players who are set to switch schools this offseason.

Comment

• Maybe it has been covered and I forgot, but any news on Rod and Ricky landing somewhere?

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              Maybe it has been covered and I forgot, but any news on Rod and Ricky landing somewhere?
              Nothing that I've seen yet.

Comment

• shoxlax
                shoxlax commented
                Editing a comment
                Rod has been hearing from several good junior college programs and he will end up at one of those. I anticipate Ricky will play closer to home at a D2 program so he doesnt have to sit out.

• Transfers have become, over the last handful of years, a major component of recruiting. We’re approaching 800 total transfers for this year. Think about this: Texas Tech wouldn’t have reached the F…

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Good for him and great get for UCF and Dawkins.

Comment

• Good to see the conference landing quality transfers

Comment

• Chose UCF over Duke.

What a time me to be alive
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• WstateU
                        WstateU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Playin' time... pretty smart actually.

• wufan
                        wufan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It depends on if he wants his resume to say that he was second team All-Conference in the prestigious American, or that he graduated Cum Laude from a prestigious American university.

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Uh, wufan -- if he's a "graduate transfer," doesn't that mean his resume already reflects that he graduated...from Alabama? Were you thinking he could pick up a quick master's at Duke, or what?
                    Working...
                    X