Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wildcatmo21 View Post
    Eli Farrakhan in transfer portal.
    Makes sense. Kid is good enough to play at a D1 school but we just have too many guards

Comment

• Didn’t Farrakhan come here because of Torres?

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
        Shocktoberfest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I think they played together at juco. There was definitely a connection. Good for Eli. He needs to go to a school where he can get some court time. He's a nice player.

• I believe that is correct

Comment

• I wonder if we told Wade we wanted his brother as a preferred walk-on?

Comment

• Good luck to Eli. It's tough to keep walkons who have the talent to get a free education while playing the game they love.

Hope he tears it up where ever he ends up.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              I wonder if we told Wade we wanted his brother as a preferred walk-on?
              Is his name Dwayne by chance? I hear he has some free time now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Is his name Dwayne by chance? I hear he has some free time now.
                No, his name is Tevin, and he is a freshman at South Plains.

Comment

• CEB8661B-4F13-4633-886C-58E4D3C7D7EF.png

Comment

• Really nice get I think.

Welcome to Shocker Nation Trey.

Comment

• Speaking of Transfers

Don’t flame me, but thought some of his answers were interesting:

Oklahoma Basketball will look different next season with different players. Transfer Austin Reaves will have a big say in how good the Sooners will be.

Comment

• wusphlash
                        wusphlash commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Seems like, as many thought, he and Gregg's philosophies didn't necessarily mesh. He felt Lonnie was a better fit and with all his buddies leaving it was time to make a move. He was fun to watch.

• choida
                        choida commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Got nothing bad to say about Reaves... On to the players who want to be here and are coming

• moshock
                        moshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And I would guess that more WSU fans read that article than OU fans...……..#soonerfootball

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Speaking of Transfers

Don’t flame me, but thought some of his answers were interesting:

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/04/...mpact-sooners/
                      Those answers certainly give a little more insight on the transfer as opposed to mere speculation.

Hate or love them, Marshall and lots of very successful D-1 basketball coaches are control freaks. Generally speaking, control freaks aren't fun to have as bosses.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Come on, Kel -- "control freak" is such psychobabble. As we saw from some of Taylor Eldridge's stuff this season, Marshall expects his guys on offense to make reads and do the right thing based on what they see. That's freedom, not control. And one of the reasons the Shockers got better as the year rolled on was because the team got better at doing that.

It's not that Marshall doesn't give his guys freedom -- how many second guesses have we read on here about his not calling time out, precisely because he was trying to give his players an opportunity to figure things out? And he's pretty willing to let them take open shots, too, even from beyond the arc. It's just that he's, shall we say, a little more vocal and demonstrative about his displeasure than some other coaches are, presumably including Kruger, when people make mistakes with the freedom they have; and probably a little quicker to sit them down and do some "coaching."

Having said all that, I don't doubt that Marshall would NOT be the easiest boss to have, and Reaves apparently just needed a different sort of leadership. Fair enough, and good luck to him except when he's playing WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Those answers certainly give a little more insight on the transfer as opposed to mere speculation.

Hate or love them, Marshall and lots of very successful D-1 basketball coaches are control freaks. Generally speaking, control freaks aren't fun to have as bosses.
                          I think that Austin would have been great with Fogler, Cohen, Turgeon, or Thompson. However, he would not have appreciated Ralph Miller, Gene Smithson, or of course Gregg. It tells us something about both Austin and GM.

Comment

• I don’t think playing for coach was the problem. He was being diplomatic. Off court issues made it impossible for him to continue with us. I certainly wish him well. I think he always gave us his best effort. He was one of the best players in his first two years that I have seen in my 50+ years as a Shocker fan.

Comment

• pinstripers
                              pinstripers commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Do what?

• shocktown
                              shocktown commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I think based of his comment about off the court issues WWSU meant to call Austin one of the best Playas’ !
                          Working...
                          X