No announcement yet.

2018-19 Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the best to both RB and RT. I hope there won't be any more that played meaningful minutes
    leaving.

Comment

• Rod lost his brother quite recently. My thoughts and prayers go with him during these tumultuous times.

Comment

• Rod will likely have to spend a year at a JUCO since he already took a redshirt year. He could use a year as a starter somewhere.

Comment

• Admittedly thought everyone was coming back for at least one more year. What is going on at WSU, however, is relatively minor compared to the turnover that is taking place up in Jayhawk land.

Comment

• shelback
            shelback commented
            Editing a comment
            Just a couple guys on the outside looking in. Cant blame them for wanting playing time, ant blame the staff for wanting to spread out the classes.

• "I love transfers because their cars are already paid for." -----------Jerry Tarkanian

Comment

• I hope all our transfers are this predictable.

Sad for Rod that he already took a redshirt year. Guess he'll either go Juco or DII.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
            Shocktoberfest commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems like just a great kid. Wish him nothing but the best. Take care Rod. No doubt you will continue to bust your tail to be the best you can be. Sorry to see you go.

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            100% wish he didn’t burn his redshirt already. Glad he got that massive dunk this year. Seemed like a good kid.

• I’m going to miss Rod’s dad as well... brought the mojo in spite of Rod getting limited minutes... God bless, Brown family

Comment

• Good luck to Rod and Ricky, they were nothing but class individuals while here.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
              Admittedly thought everyone was coming back for at least one more year. What is going on at WSU, however, is relatively minor compared to the turnover that is taking place up in Jayhawk land.
              I do not understand this post. Perhaps I'm missing something...but what do you mean when you say "what's going on at WSU?"
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• ShockBand
                ShockBand commented
                Editing a comment
                I think all he means is we are having normal transfer departures of players who, for whatever reason, see a better fit elsewhere. Typically over expected playing time. He is hinting there is more than that afoot at KU, at least that is how I take his statement.

• N Crestway
                N Crestway commented
                Editing a comment
                Just think this is a watershed point for Self's program. A lot of people leaving, recruiting doubts surfacing on the part of the coaching staff, and Self probably a little doubt ridden for a guy who has seemingly been pretty confident and cocky up until this point in his coaching career.

• Rod could probably tear it up if he took a JuCo year and then went somewhere like Bradley.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                I’d rather see him play for Forbes. Close to home, good coach, good program.

• Topshock
                Topshock commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL, I see what your doing there.

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Rod could probably tear it up if he took a JuCo year and then went somewhere like Bradley.
              Rod needs to be in a fast break offense. He brings a ton of energy and attacks the basket. He has the body and work ethic to be a high level contributor at a major D-I school. Good luck to the young man and good luck to Ricky!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Rod could probably tear it up if he took a JuCo year and then went somewhere like Bradley.
                I don't think he has to drop down to a bottom level NCAA team like Bradley to tear it up. He could be really good at a lower level P5 or good mid major.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                  Stickboy46 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But i did tell the truth in my post ....

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have no shame.

• Stickboy46
                  Stickboy46 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I mean .. 61st seed out of 68 of the teams that backed into the tourney. If that doesn't scream bottom level .. then i don't know what does.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                "I love transfers because their cars are already paid for." -----------Jerry Tarkanian
                Great quote, pin -- that's what I call building a program.

Has anyone else noticed that Lawrence either has been, or has been talked about, as a destination for a number of high profile transfers in recent years? Of course, there are only so many assistant jobs to go around, but their boosters probably love the savings.

Comment

• Best of luck to Rod. He seemed like a great kid and worked his butt off when he was in the game. He could use a year of Juco and like some have said, I think he could get a chance at a good school.

Comment

• Sunrise kid, had a WSU offer outa HS

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pass.

Freshman year was with the UIC Flames where he was a starter in 30 of 35 games and played 24.5 minutes, 7.1 ppg, and 4.2 rpg, shot 38.8/36.6/65.0. Fouled out of 5 games (2.8 pg) and had 41 assists with 64 turnovers.

Sat out the next year after transferring to Missouri.

Played somewhat sparingly, 20 games, 12.3 mpg, playing less the 2nd half of the season. Limited stats shooting 31.4/22.2/14.3, 5 assist, 17 turnovers.

Assume he would have to sit again. An article said he plans to move to a school closer home in Geneva, IL (Chicago).

• pie n eye
                      pie n eye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      UIC Flames sounds like a hockey team.
                  Working...
                  X