2018-19 Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verbal Commits@VerbalCommits 6h6 hours ago

2019 Link Year Prep (MO)/Idaho State commit F Marque English is reopening his recruitment.

a Kansas kid

Comment

Interesting that the only name associated with WSU in pin's list above is Daniel Utomi of the Akron Zips, which almost sounds like a band: "Utomi and the Zips can really get down, man."

Also, if I remember correctly, there were several posters on here who were very high on Zach Naylor before he went to Mississippi. Don't know about 3G, but the SN coaching staff liked him.

Comment

There's a couple guys from Valpo looking for new homes.

Derrik Smits, 7'1", 240, RS Jr. C, 12.2 ppg 5.7 rpg
        Javon Freeman, 6'3", 175, Fr G, 11.0 ppg 4.3 rpg 1.8 spg
        Marcus Golder, 6'6", 185, RS Jr G/F, 9.8 ppg 3.8 rpg
        Bakari Evelyn, 6'2", 180 RS Jr G, 8.4 ppg 2.4 rpg.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          There's a couple guys from Valpo looking for new homes.

Derrik Smits, 7'1", 240, RS Jr. C, 12.2 ppg 5.7 rpg
          Javon Freeman, 6'3", 175, Fr G, 11.0 ppg 4.3 rpg 1.8 spg
          Marcus Golder, 6'6", 185, RS Jr G/F, 9.8 ppg 3.8 rpg
          Bakari Evelyn, 6'2", 180 RS Jr G, 8.4 ppg 2.4 rpg.
          Derrick Smits is the son of former NBA player Rik Smits.

Comment

Derrik Smits declared for the draft. Not sure if he has signed wi5h agent.

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Rick Smits son?

Saw SHJ's teammate from Hutch on the list (wishful thinking).

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              Interesting that the only name associated with WSU in pin's list above is Daniel Utomi of the Akron Zips, which almost sounds like a band: "Utomi and the Zips can really get down, man."

Also, if I remember correctly, there were several posters on here who were very high on Zach Naylor before he went to Mississippi. Don't know about 3G, but the SN coaching staff liked him.
              "The SN Coaching staff....." perfect!

Comment

I like this:

James “Beetle” Bolden, 6-0, 170, G, West Virginia
                Stats: 12.2 ppg
                Quick Scout: “He has to be a two. Good rhythm shooter, but needs to be in a system where he can catch and shoot.”
                Schools: N/A

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  6'0" SG who shoots 40% from the floor and 35% on 3's would be a slight upgrade to a graduating player who has received a lot of criticism on this board. I've never been fond of 6'0" SG's.They have to work so hard on the defensive end that it affects their shooting - at least that's my theory.

• MikeKennedyRulZ
                  MikeKennedyRulZ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understand what you are saying and without knowing a ton specifically about Bolden, having a true catch and shoot guy is something this team really needed this year. SHJ was not that, so I think it is apples and oranges. SHJ is more of a catch and dribble, move, dribble, move, cross over, drive, back up, dribble, move, then shoot guy.

Though I think the team could use his ability to play some minutes at the 4 next season, Brown has to transfer. We have to break up the 2022 7 man graduating class as much as possible. Brown seems like the only real possibility to trim that down a little, while not lossing much.

It looks like Chandler is the only real possibility out of the true freshmen who could request a transfer, but I’m not sure how likely that is now that he is in the rotation. Plus he has shown himself to be be highly skilled with great upside. No one wants to see him leave.

There is the possibility that Udeze redshirts next season to strengthen his shoulder. If Chandler stays this offseason I really hope Udeze strongly considers going this route. With AM and JE locking down essentially all the minutes at the 5 next season, Chandler and Udeze will be fighting for who plays the remaining 3 mpg...

Without banking on any of the 7 to go pro, which is a possibility, but since it’s happen here once in the last 30 years not the most likely, having Brown transfer has to happen to help avoid another complete rebuild.

Comment

• Shock Top
                  Shock Top commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rod Brown. Great kid, but struggle to see where he fits in the rotation. I'd be surprised if he's not somewhere else next season.

I'm not really worried about Chandler or Udeze from a minutes perspective because both of them will be primed for more minutes as soon as JE graduates. Both have work to do to make their games more well rounded and at least Chandler could make himself a part time 4 man if he buckled down and got into better shape. I too would like to see Udeze redshirt but I bet it's killing him to be sitting on the sidelines this year. I can't imagine him agreeing to do it again for another year. It seems like an eternity when you're a 19-20 year old kid.

I would guess Rod as the most logical option. We also have 2 point guards that can't shoot outside the 3 point stripe that need some serious off season improvement if they are going to help us get to the next level, although one only has a year left.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                  There is the possibility that Udeze redshirts next season to strengthen his shoulder. If Chandler stays this offseason I really hope Udeze strongly considers going this route. With AM and JE locking down essentially all the minutes at the 5 next season, Chandler and Udeze will be fighting for who plays the remaining 3 mpg...
                  Gregg talks about getting old and staying old. If Morris would redshirt next year, we are set for at the 5 for at least the next two seasons and headed in the right direction for a third.

2019-20: Jaime (Sr), Asbjorn (Jr), Isaiah (Soph)
                  2020-21: Asbjorn (Sr), Isaiah (Jr), Morris (Soph)
                  2021-22: Isaiah (Sr), Morris (Jr), unnamed future recruit

78-65

Comment

JucoRecruiting.com@JucoRecruiting

Tyson Jolly (6’4, G, 2019) of Trinity Valley has committed to SMU

Comment

I noticed Caleb Daniels is transferring from Tulane.

Comment

In a potentially paradigm-shifting proposal, the NCAA members may vote to allow all Division-I transfers to be eligible to play immediately.

HOLY SHITT........a move toward instant eligibility

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They want to open the floodgates...

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                          GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Free Agency. I don't think I like it. Football and the portal is becoming a bit of a mess...wonder what coaches think. I bet the guys GETTING players love it. The guys LOSING them, not so much.

• shock
                          shock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Its not a free agency. You could transfer one year without sitting out if you meet a minimum GPA. I like it. Lose your scholarship? Sit out. Need a change of scenery because your coach suck at developing talent and didn’t get you into the NBA? Find a better fit.
                      Working...
                      X