Wichita State vs Jacksonville State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    Midtgaard certainly looks despondent on the sidelines. Thought he was a work in progress but now, maybe not. Marshall looked rattled in his post game interview....haven't seen much of that in the past.
    He should be despondent and looking at Newman. He's obviously been passed by JE, MO, and IPBC

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      1. Player of the game goes to................................................ .........JE
      2. Love Baker................I mean ES
      3. Pretty good game SHJ............build on it
      4. MU looking better
      5. DD good D and good rebounding
      6. A win is a win
      7. I know there are going to be ups and downs but I sure enjoy watching the Shocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!
      #3 - Pretty good game SHJ....Build on it.
      What?
      Just because he hit a couple wide open shots doesn't mean it was a good game. He got absolutely torched on the defensive end more times than I could count - or stand to watch. He may have scored 17, but he probably gave up 25. As said, will be MVP of the Wichita Y league next year.

He is a nice player - in The Valley.
      He would probably eat up Drake players all game. However, Drake isn't joining the AAC anytime in the next 100 years and UH and UC are there - and waiting. It will not be pretty.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Jesus, was MM really 3-15 tonight? Good Lord.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

He should be despondent and looking at Newman. He's obviously been passed by JE, MO, and IPBC
          3G said he would have used him tonight but AM has a quad injury and couldn't go. 3G not thrilled with IPBC's play tonight..

That said that doesn't mean AM is heading for a key role on this team anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

#3 - Pretty good game SHJ....Build on it.
            What?
            Just because he hit a couple wide open shots doesn't mean it was a good game. He got absolutely torched on the defensive end more times than I could count - or stand to watch. He may have scored 17, but he probably gave up 25. As said, will be MVP of the Wichita Y league next year.

He is a nice player - in The Valley.
            He would probably eat up Drake players all game. However, Drake isn't joining the AAC anytime in the next 100 years and UH and UC are there - and waiting. It will not be pretty.

That is all.
            Agreed. It's not all about the scoring.

He lead the way with 4 official turnovers, but doesn't count the usual 5 or 6 terrible shots that go as unrecorded turnovers.

And yes his defense is atrocious. He doesn't even try. I'm not even sure it would qualify as JUCO defense.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• A win which I will gladly take.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

3G said he would have used him tonight but AM has a quad injury and couldn't go. 3G not thrilled with IPBC's play tonight..

That said that doesn't mean AM is heading for a key role on this team anytime soon.
                Yeah IPBC isnt really a positive at this point either. But what would AM give...maybe 1 pt and 1-2 rebounds? Hes pretty much a warm body. I love AM as a person and wish him great success...but dont see it.

Comment

• FGs:
                Seniors: 10-31 32%
                Rest of team: 19-36 53%

The seniors take the load of the shots but make far fewer of them. I don't get why anybody should be carrying anybody. It's not like we have a couple of LeBrons out there. They force more than what's given to them and that leads to a lot of bad shots.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• A hidden benefit to skipping the four-figure season tickets and staying at home to watch on TV: they’ll actually show you replays on TV. The no-booing nannies with the WSU AD won’t show critical replays, so I have no idea if RT’s three went in right before half. Did it?

Might think about saving some money, come next July.

Comment

• Topshock
                    Topshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ridiculous that any play which is remotely controversial, we are not allowed to see the replay.

• BOBB
                    BOBB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It was just late.

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  A hidden benefit to skipping the four-figure season tickets and staying at home to watch on TV: they’ll actually show you replays on TV. The no-booing nannies with the WSU AD won’t show critical replays, so I have no idea if RT’s three went in right before half. Did it?

Well late.

We might be the only arena in the country that doesn't show replays. Great fan experience for sure.

I don't blame you. I've already joined that club.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    A hidden benefit to skipping the four-figure season tickets and staying at home to watch on TV: they’ll actually show you replays on TV. The no-booing nannies with the WSU AD won’t show critical replays, so I have no idea if RT’s three went in right before half. Did it?

Well dont get your hopes up with YurView

Comment

• Eee-gawds...but a win is a win. Under appreciated thought of the day...."going from high school to Division 1 ball is hard."

Go Shocks!!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        Eee-gawds...but a win is a win. Under appreciated thought of the day...."going from high school to Division 1 ball is hard."

Go Shocks!!!!!
                        Agree AZ!!! But going from Jr to Sr shouldnt be such a chore

Comment

• Good to see us win this one. After the next two games the going will be a lot tougher.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            FGs:
                            Seniors: 10-31 32%
                            Rest of team: 19-36 53%
                            Ok, but there's a big difference between Markis at 3-15 (20%) and Samajae at 7-16 (44%). Tonight, at least, I have issues with Markis but far fewer with Samajae. Not to say he didn't chuck a few he shouldn't have, but overall his offensive play was substantially better tonight than previously--and SO much better than what Markis did. Markis's shots were total garbage all the time.

Comment

Working...
                            X