Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think SHJ should start or be benched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
    He did not play a perfect game but we lose if SHJ doesn’t show up. We need to accept him for what he is. Haters need to lighten up a little bit.
    I'm not sure saying we lose without him is correct. 17 points on 16 shots isn't exactly lighting it up. Only 3 assists to 4 turnovers. Others would have taken those 16 shots

Comment

He did not play a perfect game but we lose if SHJ doesn’t show up. We need to accept him for what he is. Haters need to lighten up a little bit.
      Bad take. Again, it's not all about the points.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• im4wsu
        im4wsu commented
        Editing a comment
        Three very tentative inbounds attempts, one resulting directly in a turnover, caused by not pulling the trigger the inbound pass when it was open, then forcing Baal pass at tough angle.

• 60Shock
        60Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        And just why do we have the fastest and shortest guy on the team passing the ball in?

The book on SHJ is he does not know how to pass. Almost a disaster of end game having him trying to find an open player on the baseline pass which resulted in an almost turnover. Why have a no-clue passer attempt that coach? Probably cause he's a senior (maybe). Okay makes sense. But ES came in as a Freshmen and hit the long ball pass for a wide open bucket. Easy-capese. Glad GM changed the passer at the time out. Whew. SHJ can not pass the ball. AAC...know it. Long season.....
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

After watching the game tonight, there appear to be NO good options at point...right now....SHJ is not a true point in spite of being the size of a point...and Ricky is the most unpoint guard-like point guard I've seen in years...does not have any kind of offensive flow facilitating skill...right now.

Comment

Me and even my Grandma (not joking btw) do not like Samajae, while I agree his 3 point shooting can be a threat, he loses all of that with his clueless turnovers and bad passing.

My grandma said he plays like he is better than he actually is, which is correct when you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
          Me and even my Grandma (not joking btw) do not like Samajae, while I agree his 3 point shooting can be a threat, he loses all of that with his clueless turnovers and bad passing.

My grandma said he plays like he is better than he actually is, which is correct when you think about it.
          SHJ hit the biggest 3 of the night last night with only a 1 point lead to maybe the game winner. Even considering all of his deficiencies, without him, we lose last night. Grandma deserves a break for not understanding that part of basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

SHJ hit the biggest 3 of the night last night with only a 1 point lead to maybe the game winner. Even considering all of his deficiencies, without him, we lose last night. Grandma deserves a break for not understanding that part of basketball.
            .... He hit a WIDE OPEN 3 ... not even close to contested after Dexter Dennis grabbed a critical offensive rebound. The "game winner" was Dexter Dennis. I really don't give any credit to SHJ for that. Any D1 point guard should be able to hit a 3 that wide open.

Comment

• 60Shock
              60Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              And if SHJ misses the shot, which so many of today's Shockers do - we could have been in a big hurt. Give them both credit, is that so hard to do?

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL. The dude made the shot. To act like that was automatic ignores the Shocker shooting percentage.

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually SHJ made 7 baskets. And no, we had no chance winning that game without him, HCGM himself said that.

T

...:cool:

I wonder what Grandma thought about the time he fell down while dribbling?

Comment

Uh, Dexter Dennis saved the game with a huge offensive rebound that set up a wide open 3 where nobody was within 10 feet of him. It was a straight HORSE shot.

Please don’t point to 1 play in a basketball game full of 100. You must’ve forgotten the other 10 plays where SHJ negatively impacted our chances to win.

Sounds like Grandma knows more than you know.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Bad take. Again, it's not all about the points.
                I feel like everyone believe I think SHJ is the DEAL. I don't think that. What I am trying to say, right now there is no one else to take his minutes that can score. So as it pertains to SHJ it is about the points. 44% shooting is not lights out but not terrible. You are correct about the turnovers. Very costly. Eric gets four fouls. He won't be playing more minutes. Plus he struggled also against the press. Markis goes 3-15 from the field. Jamarius is the only other option for more minutes. He played solid but he is not going to score 17 points in a game like this and I don't see him hitting 3 3pt shots. He had 2 TOs in 7 minutes.

I get that we are struggling at taking care of the ball. My comment was in response to should he be benched. If someone steps up to earn more minutes that can contribute better than SHJ, then just do it! We will be a better team.

I stand by my comment.

Comment

I feel like everyone believe I think SHJ is the DEAL. I don't think that. What I am trying to say, right now there is no one else to take his minutes that can score. So as it pertains to SHJ it is about the points. 44% shooting is not lights out but not terrible. You are correct about the turnovers. Very costly. Eric gets four fouls. He won't be playing more minutes. Plus he struggled also against the press. Markis goes 3-15 from the field. Jamarius is the only other option for more minutes. He played solid but he is not going to score 17 points in a game like this and I don't see him hitting 3 3pt shots. He had 2 TOs in 7 minutes.

I get that we are struggling at taking care of the ball. My comment was in response to should he be benched. If someone steps up to earn more minutes that can contribute better than SHJ, then just do it! We will be a better team.

I stand by my comment.
                  It's hard for someone else to really step up when SHJ is taking 15+ shots a game. Many of them without any sort of offensive flow.

Comment

He should start for now but should get the hook the first time he makes a garbage turnover and/or takes a shot out of rhythm or too early in the set.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's hard for someone else to really step up when SHJ is taking 15+ shots a game. Many of them without any sort of offensive flow.
                      No one wants to step up. Our press offense is bad. DD was 1-6 last night. You need to face it. Last year I e had a good and experienced team and you complained about them even they were competitive 99 percent of the time. This team is young and inexperienced and I’m beginning to see 10th place as a real possibility in our league. I will continue to back this team with my attendance and cheering but my expectations are becoming more real. This team lacks a lot but I still hope they continue to grow even during the “grind” that is coming in February. With our inexperience we very well could hit the “wall” though and begin a losing streak. All of our league teams will probably be better than JSU.

Comment

No one wants to step up. Our press offense is bad. DD was 1-6 last night. You need to face it. Last year I e had a good and experienced team and you complained about them even they were competitive 99 percent of the time. This team is young and inexperienced and I’m beginning to see 10th place as a real possibility in our league. I will continue to back this team with my attendance and cheering but my expectations are becoming more real. This team lacks a lot but I still hope they continue to grow even during the “grind” that is coming in February. With our inexperience we very well could hit the “wall” though and begin a losing streak. All of our league teams will probably be better than JSU.
                        I did? Good to know.

Also, JSU's kenpom puts them in the category as the middle tier of teams in the AAC including WSU.

As far as offense, ES has stepped up, DD has shown flashes. RT can't hit a shot but everytime he makes a good pass someone bricks a shot or drops the pass, so his assist numbers aren't what they should be. Yet again, it's hard for others to step up with the ball stops with 2 people. Nearly 50% of our FGA attempts have come from two people. Many of those could have been 1 additional pass to an open man.

Comment

Frankly, I'm not sure how much the PGs are the problem or whether it's the inexperience of most all the players. I feel like could count on 1 hand the times I saw a perimeter pass without the player with the ball first just holding the ball, faking a pass (or not know where to pass it), or put the ball on the floor (especially this one). There was very little flow. I saw a less athletic JSU running much better plays, with success. OH, WAIT. Their top 6 players are 5 seniors and 1 junior.

Are we expecting too much of a mostly very young, inexperienced team? Kentucky rolls out 4-6 5 star players and lose. Just what are we expecting out of mostly 3 star newbies?

How many freshmen have we seen have good first years without a fairly strong experienced team supporting them? McDuffie had a good freshman year, but look at the players that were around him. FVV? Nope. He had a 5th year D-I PG in Armstead guiding him. Baker, nope. He was a RS-freshman with the same teammates as Fred....Armstead, Hall, Williams, Cotton, and an exceptionally gift juco in Early. Even Burns, Howard, Kampman, and Miller had Benton, McFall, and Mack (which is more than this team has) and they finished at .500 in the Valley.

Comment

Working...
                          X