Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ain't Adjustments a *****???

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ain't Adjustments a *****???

    When an athlete has to think...he doesn't play well.

    When the thinking becomes second nature....an athlete plays well.

    Guys we knew the early season would look like a cluster. Total different system and philosophies means a long tedious learning curve. Especially for the seniors on this team that were 3 years into the previous system.

    So the obvious question is: Can the starting vets make the adjustment?
    Well there's good news on that front! We don't have "quitters" from the veterans on this team.
    Is Matty a quitter? Is P.J. a quitter? Answer: NO.

    Let these guys who know how to play Division I basketball and have been to a NCAA Sweet-16, and have been ranked as high as #8 in the country as recentely as last season, and have beaten LSU and Syracuse on the road in hostile environments...Let these veteran players LEARN THE SYSTEM. Then let's see what happens...

    The shots will start to fall once everyone isn't thinking as much. They just have to stay positive and work hard in practice. It'll come together!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

    NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

    NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

    AP Poll History of Wichita State:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

    Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

    Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

  • #2
    Great post!!!

    You pretty much hit the nail on the head, AZShocker. There's a saying about not being as good as your last win and not being as bad as your last lost. This team will be a roller coaster ride for awhile. There's no way to know when this team will "get it". It may be this year and it may be next year. GM is going to get the Shockers there. The only question is when.

    Comment


    • #3
      But you've still got to win the ones you're supposed to.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ain't Adjustments a *****???

        Originally posted by AZ Shocker
        When an athlete has to think...he doesn't play well.

        When the thinking becomes second nature....an athlete plays well.

        Guys we knew the early season would look like a cluster. Total different system and philosophies means a long tedious learning curve. Especially for the seniors on this team that were 3 years into the previous system.

        So the obvious question is: Can the starting vets make the adjustment?
        Well there's good news on that front! We don't have "quitters" from the veterans on this team.
        Is Matty a quitter? Is P.J. a quitter? Answer: NO.

        Let these guys who know how to play Division I basketball and have been to a NCAA Sweet-16, and have been ranked as high as #8 in the country as recentely as last season, and have beaten LSU and Syracuse on the road in hostile environments...Let these veteran players LEARN THE SYSTEM. Then let's see what happens...

        The shots will start to fall once everyone isn't thinking as much. They just have to stay positive and work hard in practice. It'll come together!
        Many people on this board have suggested these things in the numerous threads on the board. I.e. there will be an adjustment period, guys are thinking too much, eventually they will get Marshall's system. Why do you have to be such an attention-getter and make an entirely new thread saying the same thing that others have said many times already and passing it off as your own novel idea?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ain't Adjustments a *****???

          Originally posted by WuShockFan
          Many people on this board have suggested these things in the numerous threads on the board. I.e. there will be an adjustment period, guys are thinking too much, eventually they will get Marshall's system. Why do you have to be such an attention-getter and make an entirely new thread saying the same thing that others have said many times already and passing it off as your own novel idea?
          Wow, take a pill buddy...

          If a staff member wants to start a thread that focuses on a specific topic of discussion from other threads, I don't see a problem with that.

          There have been much worse threads started around here lately.

          Why don't you go back and read AZ's other posts and get to know his style before you think about calling him out again.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ain't Adjustments a *****???

            Originally posted by WuShockFan
            Originally posted by AZ Shocker
            When an athlete has to think...he doesn't play well.

            When the thinking becomes second nature....an athlete plays well.

            Guys we knew the early season would look like a cluster. Total different system and philosophies means a long tedious learning curve. Especially for the seniors on this team that were 3 years into the previous system.

            So the obvious question is: Can the starting vets make the adjustment?
            Well there's good news on that front! We don't have "quitters" from the veterans on this team.
            Is Matty a quitter? Is P.J. a quitter? Answer: NO.

            Let these guys who know how to play Division I basketball and have been to a NCAA Sweet-16, and have been ranked as high as #8 in the country as recentely as last season, and have beaten LSU and Syracuse on the road in hostile environments...Let these veteran players LEARN THE SYSTEM. Then let's see what happens...

            The shots will start to fall once everyone isn't thinking as much. They just have to stay positive and work hard in practice. It'll come together!
            Many people on this board have suggested these things in the numerous threads on the board. I.e. there will be an adjustment period, guys are thinking too much, eventually they will get Marshall's system. Why do you have to be such an attention-getter and make an entirely new thread saying the same thing that others have said many times already and passing it off as your own novel idea?
            Honestly, I cannot understand why anyone would give a **** what anyone else posts around here. It is a message board, which is for presenting your thoughts and feeling to others. If you don't like it, don't respond, or take a hike. I've got a "novel idea", f off.

            Comment


            • #7
              It's just that I've read people saying these same things many, many times in the last few weeks on this board in the various threads. Many times people make very good, logical, reasoned statements on here and no one responds or notices because they are buried deep in one of the many threads. Then someone starts a new thread and repeats the same thing and it turns into a 5 page discussion, especially if it's started by one of the old-timers on this board. Newbies are either ridiculed or ignored on here. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm just saying why start unnecessary threads.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WuShockFan
                It's just that I've read people saying these same things many, many times in the last few weeks on this board in the various threads. Many times people make very good, logical, reasoned statements on here and no one responds or notices because they are buried deep in one of the many threads. Then someone starts a new thread and repeats the same thing and it turns into a 5 page discussion, especially if it's started by one of the old-timers on this board. Newbies are either ridiculed or ignored on here. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm just saying why start unnecessary threads.
                As a member of shockernet, anyone is allowed to begin threads. It's in the Constitution of America!

                Don't be so sensitive.

                For one, I thought this was a particularly interesting topic, so I responded. The "Crack Down" from the "All Knowing" Mods has been an attempt to keep discussions in a certain thread, and not "litter" the front page with unnecessary ones. I don't feel this particular one falls into that category.

                Comment


                • #9
                  WuShockFan - my last post in the Men's Basketball forum was way back on Dec. 7th. That's almost two weeks ago. Attention-getter??? Really? :roll:

                  I knew full well before starting this thread that my post was not a novel thought. Of course it's been talked about in other threads before. Do you think I don't read the threads? lol

                  This topic (thread) is simply a recap with a little bit of added perspective from the author. Think of it as a "summary" in one topic instead of being spread out and buried in other threads.

                  Originally posted by WuShockFan
                  Many times people make very good, logical, reasoned statements on here and no one responds or notices because they are buried deep in one of the many threads.
                  Hence...now you can understand the reasoning behind starting the topic.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

                  NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

                  NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

                  AP Poll History of Wichita State:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

                  Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

                  Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Newbies are not treated any differently here unless they act like jerks, attention whores or have trouble typing out a coherent thought (giving us grammar police ample evidence for an arrest).

                    Sometimes it serves a purpose to pull several related ideas scattered among many topcs into one consolidated one . . . sometimes.

                    Unless someone is doing it repeatedly, chill out and either offer something constructive or ignore it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WuShockFan
                      It's just that I've read people saying these same things many, many times in the last few weeks on this board in the various threads. Many times people make very good, logical, reasoned statements on here and no one responds or notices because they are buried deep in one of the many threads. Then someone starts a new thread and repeats the same thing and it turns into a 5 page discussion, especially if it's started by one of the old-timers on this board. Newbies are either ridiculed or ignored on here. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm just saying why start unnecessary threads.
                      Hey I'm not a newbie and I get ridculed and ignored all the time!
                      lighten up lifes to short. :goshocks: 8) 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I don't know where this idea of newbies getting treated like crap came from. Some do, but they earn it. I never had any issues with anyone when I joined this fine forum. The "elders" have always handled things well and have been consistent over the years. Most of us can get along fairly well if we agree on things or not.

                        Some need to just stop being so sensitive when other disagree. Or when nobody agrees. Get over it. It happens. Move on and stop looking to be offended by everything, not matter how small and/or trivial it is.

                        I feel like I should now thank all those who were here before me and made me feel welcome and allowed me to share my thoughts and opinions with others.

                        This is a great board and the only one I'm proud to be a part of.

                        Now, back to the topic at hand..... I think the adjustment process is taking longer than many had hoped. I figured we'd be playing better than this by now but our veteran guys have struggled more than I anticipated and we're lacking the newcomer support I'd hoped for. Nobody on this team has really stepped up and surprised me but a few are disappointing me by their performances so far.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Downsizing Government - Part of the Cato Institute
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        Cato Institute - A libertarian take on the issues
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        MVCFans Alternative, Where ALL Voices Can Be Heard - Come join the party

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X