• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    ... or someone stole his keyboard.

• ShockerFever
    replied
    You know it's bad when KC is a voice of reason.

Leave a comment:

• MelvinLoudermilk
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It going to take more than "minor increases". When you start comparing advance stats from previous season, you really start to get the true stat of where this program is at. It going to be several years of development and bringing in new talent for this team to be capable of becoming a NCAA tournament caliber team.

Comparison of Player Efficiency Ratings between this year team and last.

JE 27.2
    McD 22.2
    Udeze 14.0
    JB 11.4
    SHJ 10.4
    Eric S 10.2
    Dennis 10.0
    Brown 6.7
    Torress 5.9

Allen (21.0 - 2017/18)

Last Year Team
    Morris 26.8
    Willis 23.5
    Shamet 21.4
    CF 18.1
    Kelly 17.1
    Reaves 16.3
    McD. 15.1
    Nurger 14.8
    SHJ 14.7
    ZB. 10.6

If you look at Morris career he went from 16.8 - 21.6 - 24.4 - 26.8, an average of 17% increase/year (28.5%/12.9%/9.8%)

Assuming the team whole team improves 20% accross the board this is what next year team might look like.

[Projected 2019/20]
    JE 32
    Allen 25
    Udeze 17
    JB 14
    Eric S 12
    Dennis 12
    Brown 8
    Torress 7

These numbers don't make me feel all that optimistic. Now the good thing is, this year team has the ability to improve itself (and it numbers on paper).

You're taking this team, who lost 90% it's roster, and is still trying to figure things out, and comparing their CURRENT efficiency to prior team's YEAR END efficiency ratings. Come on now.

Those past teams had established roles and experience in the program.

Leave a comment:

• Shox The Revenant
    replied
    Rebuilding is being confused with losing our edge? With so many newcomers to the program, it takes more than the 6 months they've been on campus to assimilate to the Play Angry culture. So many think this is a sprint rather than a marathon. With that said, some people are natural bulldogs and have that intensity we love to see. Others don't have it but are capable of learning it. And then we have those who aren't naturals or incapable of learning and adapting to the culture. These are the ones who have no business on the team - looks like we already had one leave in Moore, a couple of more are a possibility. I don't think we've lost our edge, I'll give it time, and the weak minded who lack MTXE will find themselves out of a scholarship soon enough. I'll be patient.

Leave a comment:

• MelvinLoudermilk
    replied
    Trust HCGM

Trust the process

Leave a comment:

• wsushockerdude
    replied
    Phew, this thread sucks. Honestly, what did you expect this season? Chill out.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    1972Shocker
    #147.4
    1972Shocker commented
    19 hours ago

Yes, he was impressive at Shocker madness but then I have to temper that with the fact he was doing that against exceedingly inexperienced players...
    Hah! Good point. Exceedingly inexperienced players who have a penchant for making their opponents look like offensive all-stars.

To be fair though, Teddy more than proved in the B12 that he can score. We'll see about passing, defense, and discipline later...

T

...:cool:

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, he was impressive at Shocker madness but then I have to temper that with the fact he was doing that against exceedingly inexperienced players some of whom admitted they were caught in the headlights a bit.

Teddy should be a key player for us next year. But I am not convinced he can carry this team by himself. The key to how we do next year IMHO will not be Teddy. He will certainly help but the key will be how do Jaime, Ricky, Morris, Isaiah, Dexter, Jamarius and Erik progress plus whether or not the 3 incoming freshman can contribute. How Teddy will perform is probably the most certainty we have. Jaime, if healthy, should be very solid. Who knows how things will go with the rest of the guys.

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    I'd add to that: At WVU, TA had 2 "bombers" that took over 360 3pt shots and made just over 40% of them to help open up the inside, something TA could not do himself last year. He also had the 4th worst A/T ratio on the team with all 3 of the those worse being big men all over 6'8". Not saying that Teddy won't be a hand full for the opposition, but they will sag off him.

• asiseeit
    commented on 's reply
    I will say this. At the Madness scrimmage TA was the best player on the court but as Cold
    points out there are some intangibles that come with his talent. Despite his size he can score
    in the paint - knows how to use his body. Plays bigger than 6'5

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    Teddy is a crafty player who will surprise people at times with how much he scores. The only thing standing in the way of Teddy being a tremendous scoring help is Teddy himself. What isn't proven is Teddy's defense or his ability to take criticism/challenge from coaches.

T

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    My opinion is that it is a bit premature to project what may happen with the Shockers next year.

Still a long way to go this year and hopefully the guys will show signs of growth and positive development. To what degree, if any, that happens will go a long way towards making more informed projections about next year.

Unfortunately, Jaime may miss out on a good chunk of the rest of the season which would be very valuable to his continued development.

I have to admit to not having seen Teddy play very much. I don't have to much doubt that he can help the Shockers. I am just not convinced at this point that he will be a savior. I think that is going to take at least a handful of players making significant improvements in their games, improve their consistency and for the team to develop a good chemistry.

I acknowledge that players can improve significantly from one season to the next but at this early stage of this season progress has been halting to say the least. I wish I had a really good crystal ball but I need to see how the rest of this season goes and what additional roster turnover might occur, if any, between now and next season.

I will say that to be bullish about next season I am going to have to see a lot of growth with this year's underclassmen over the remainder of this season.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 26, 2018, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    PG - TE starts, JB, Fernandes and RT
    SG - ES starts with DD playing there when ES sits
    SF - DD starts with Gordon playing there also
    PF - TA with Gordon first back up and then RB
    C - JE, of course, MU, and then ?

Better TEAM on both ends of the court

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    He's an outside threat, though, and Teddy is not gonna replace that

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Love the kid, but Markis is not a great player.
    Agreed.

T

Leave a comment:

Working...
X