No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Oklahoma Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to see study progression with these guys. That looked like the same team we saw the first game.

Comment

• Box score for the Oklahoma Sooners vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from December 8, 2018 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

5 assists..............15 turnovers........

Comment

• ​​​​​​Announcers were giving OU's defense too much credit. It was more a situation of bad shooting turning into terrible shooting. Missed a lot of open shots including point blank ones.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          ​​​​​​Announcers were giving OU's defense too much credit. It was more a situation of bad shooting turning into terrible shooting. Missed a lot of open shots including point blank ones.
          Not giving them any more credit than 3G is giving OU in his post-game comments.

Comment

• wusphlash
            wusphlash commented
            Editing a comment
            He also spoke to open shots and point blank misses.

• This sets up next years victory in IBA to be that much sweeter

Comment

• I was not expecting us to win, but this is bulsht. Some of the guys on our team play hesitant on the offense end and that is why they missed so many shots. Dexter Dennis needs to pull his head out of his butt and take the midrange pullup. Instead driving under the basket so that he can turn it over with a silly pass.. The same with Torres. It's there just stop and pull up and take the effing midrange shot. Jamie E is slow as molasses. He needs to stop messing around and take the shot. I done my rant is over.

Comment

• Worst offensive performance in the KenPom era for WSU

Comment

• Hopefully something good will come of this ass whooping. BOTH of our starting guards are a liability
                defensively and they are not doing anything on offense either. I'd start JB at PG and ES at shooting guard.
                SHJ and RT are too darn small. Lots of people critical of AM but the only time he has been given a chance
                to play more than a minute or two at a time he performed well. I am almost to the point where I would start
                AM again with JE at PF and MM at the three ( JB and ES guards ) and play more zone - pref a 3-2 with those
                guys. DD first off the bench in a rotation with ES and JB and also spelling MM once in a while.

ES may have only been 2-9 but he plays his butt off and does so many other things unlike a few others. I've
                had my say today.

Comment

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would CB at PF but if NM does DS then at CR could be DD. Assuming ER doesn’t PP we could get a QQ for BM. That’s not to say that PR is worse than DH but we just can’t YM the KK if you know LH. It just comes down to the HD. If you UX the HD then the IO doesn’t matter.

• Welp, that was an arse kicking if I ever saw one. Been a long time since I've seen the Shox get smoked like that. And par for the course, they get outscored in the second half of the game. Make that 6 out of 8 games now where our boys falter in the end. Oh well, the Shox were going to lose this and the VCU game so I'm not surprised by the loss, just surprised by the margin. This will be an easy loss to forget. Rather lose by 32 than to lose by 1.

Comment

• 3 consecutive halves of very sub-par basketball. Hopefully, the guys can find their game and gain a little confidence with the schedule easing up over the next 3 games.

Comment

• We coulda used Rick Conn

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401083542

5 assists..............15 turnovers........
                    Truth. Although we did turn 10 assists and buckets into turnovers.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Where has Chance Moore gone? He was touted as a 4* player did he red shirt? I hoped we would win this game, lose by no more than 10 points. Wow that is all I can say. Go SHOCKS!!!

Comment

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Weak and no D. Shoulda redshirted.

• Originally posted by Chickenhawk hunter View Post
                      Where has Chance Moore gone? He was touted as a 4* player did he red shirt? I hoped we would win this game, lose by no more than 10 points. Wow that is all I can say. Go SHOCKS!!!
                      Not redshirting. He has played in 4 games. I think someone posted he is out with a back injury right now. I guess if it proves serious enough he could qualify for a medical redshirt but I have no idea on the nature of his injury.

Rivals had Chance as a 3-Star and Verbal Commits had him as a 2-Star. He did get a lot of hype on ShockerNet.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 8, 2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        @tayloreldridge

Wichita State freshman guard Chance Moore did not make the trip to Oklahoma City with the team. WSU said it’s due to a back ailment.

8:52 AM - 8 Dec 2018

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        WSU needs to nurse this injury all season and apply for medical reshsirt like they did with Wessel.

• Well, #notgood is all I’m gonna say. Learn from it, move on.

Comment

Working...
                      X