Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What? No LSU Pregame, prediction, thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? No LSU Pregame, prediction, thread?

LSU 80 - Shox 56

I'll say we get crushed by 15 or more points

Comment

What the hey, I've had a few soda pops this evening... the Shocks in a "Shocker" over the Tigers.
      66-65
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

actual soda pops?

Comment

We're bad, but so is LSU. I dunno why anyone thinks were gonna get destroyed.. just because it's a big bad SEC team. I bet UTA could beat LSU.

No pregame thread because once again we normally have bandwagoners starting our pregame threads and since we're losing.. there are none.

With that said..

WSU 58, LSU 55.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

LSU - 73
            WSU - 58
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I'm probably down more on the Shocks than anybody, but man.. you guys are giving LSU wayy too much credit. Seriously.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's about time someone started a prediction thread for this game. Get excited people LSU is coming into Koch Arena!

Final Score:

WSU 70, LSU 66

Good thing is they are a man down, Tasmin Mitchell is out for the season. Our only hope in this game is that we can make it a TRACK MEET and beat them down the floor to get transition buckets off of steals or missed shots on their part. Their big weakness is rebounding. If we can limit them to one shot, get the rebound, and push the ball up the court real fast, we can beat their bigs down the court and get some buckets. We can't beat this team in the half-court. They will swat everything away inside and contest every three.

We look lost everytime we set up in the half-court. We have to make it a track meet. I'm going to be optimistic and expect us to shoot a decent percentage from three. I don't think we will lose this game because of poor shooting. The poor shooting is bound to end sometime.

The key in this game is we need to get our inside buckets in transition. If we try to get it inside in the half-court, we'll get slaughtered.

Comment

they're pretty high octane, they average 88.4 points per game. We haven't played anyone that scores that many.

Comment

No dude, they average 77 points a game. I got that off of their athletic website. No one has scored more than 68 points against us this year, and I don't think they will either. Our defense is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
                      they're pretty high octane, they average 88.4 points per game. We haven't played anyone that scores that many.
                      I dunno where you got this number from, but I got 77.1 ppg. Still decently high, but not ridiculously high like almost 90. They haven't really beaten anybody significantly either. They've lost to OSU and ASU in Hawaii and lost a one point game at Villanova.

When I watched 'em on tv in Maui, they looked about as bad as last year.

I believe Baltimore County actually averages higher than LSU and you saw what we did with them.. :)
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I added up their point totals and divided by the amount of games they played so far.
                        here's the schedule so you can do it yourself

Comment

Oh right, you're adding in the 5 exhibition games they played. Real men only count the regular season games, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            Originally posted by JohnDorian
                            I dunno where you got this number from, but I got 77.1 ppg. Still decently high, but not ridiculously high like almost 90. They haven't really beaten anybody significantly either. They've lost to OSU and ASU in Hawaii and lost a one point game at Villanova.

When I watched 'em on tv in Maui, they looked about as bad as last year.

I believe Baltimore County actually averages higher than LSU and you saw what we did with them.. :)
                            And we are playing tons worse then when we beat them last year...so not sure why you think it's totally crazy to expect a double digit loss. I gave a 15 point spread, I think it'll be more like 8-10 most of the way until the end...hope I'm wrong. We better shoot the 3 real well because if we take anything inside they will swat it away....that's why I don't feel we will win this game.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

The big thing that stands out about this LSU team is they average 9 blocks a game. Ramon, Phil, JT, Mantas, Arbry, these guys are going to get messed up if they try to post up these LSU bigs. If Matt or Gal try that weak drive into the lane and flip it up with the opposite hand or the dainty little floater it aint going to work. Even PJ is going to have his hands full when he tries to drive to the basket.

We have to out-shoot them from three all night long and get our inside baskets in transition, when their bigs are still trailing. If we do that, we have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X