No announcement yet.

Jans-Marshall Marshal-Jans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NMSU Took a chance on CJ and I think he will not be in rush to move on anytime soon. Plus I still think lots of big named programs may pass on him for fear of the #metomuchmovement . I'm not sure he gets the call from NMSU now days. So maybe we have a better chance of getting him than some think. PS I have always respected Women but after the supreme court thing it's clear that a few are willing to make things up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Why not just fire GM and hire Jans now?

Its obvious GM is declining and can't handle the big time. I read it somewhere from someone really smart.
      Well, he obviously can't coach free throws!

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Judging from the Alabama game, 3G can't coach free throw defense either. What a bum!

Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
      This retirement discussion hits home. As an aging worker, still below medicare age,but eligible for retirement, I am beginning to understand the coaches that keep coaching. While retirement sounds appealing, if you have any doubts, would you want to start over? Some do, but others come to the realization that their current gig is really pretty damn good. They then stay until they are sure or ready to get run. Gregg may not want to be an old coach, but a retired Gregg would be a handful at home! Give him 5-8 years and he will probably have a little different perspective---then again, maybe not.
      My bet? Gregg retires and becomes an analyst or similar on TV to scratch the coaching itch. He's already been doing that regularly after the shocker season ends

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post

My bet? Gregg retires and becomes an analyst or similar on TV to scratch the coaching itch. He's already been doing that regularly after the shocker season ends
        You are selling Gregg's competitiveness short, I have a feeling that Gregg wants to be a HOFamer and although he's close, he needs more years of consistent wins to reach that goal.
        Last edited by Shockm; December 7, 2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You are selling Gregg short, Gregg's competitiveness. I have a feeling that Gregg wants to be a HOFamer and although he's close, he needs more years of consistent wins to reach that goal.
          Well ... by the time Gregg retires here in 5-8 years he will have a couple of Nattys in his trophy case.

Comment

Marshall's got that Calhoun mentality. He ain't retiring anytime soon.

Comment

Chris Jans will be the men's head basketball coach at the flagship university in his home state sooner rather than later. He will not leave there until he retires. :ranting2:
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                Chris Jans will be the men's head basketball coach at the flagship university in his home state sooner rather than later. He will not leave there until he retires. :ranting2:
                You think Jans will be head coach at Iowa? Ralph Miller left the Shockers for Iowa.

Comment

• ripemupshocks
                  ripemupshocks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just a guess. They'll wait a while until McCaffery's buyout comes down, and they will also have to fire their meathead AD. Buy that time Jans will be a proven winner, and should get the invite to go home. Miller did leave us for Ioway, but he didn't stay long. Probably because of all the pig farms.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                  lol
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I want Jans back home NOW!

T

...:cool:

Comment

From the way things look today, we should have let Marshall go to 'Bama and just promoted Jans. The skeptics who questioned what WSU would do once Baker and VanVleet were gone are starting to look a little smarter now than they did 3 years ago.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Jans is a stud. Sorry to say this, but he’ll never be coach here.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          From the way things look today, we should have let Marshall go to 'Bama and just promoted Jans. The skeptics who questioned what WSU would do once Baker and VanVleet were gone are starting to look a little smarter now than they did 3 years ago.
                          Another complete overreaction.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Chris Jans has an interesting roster as well at NMSU. NMSU lists a roster of 16 players so at least 3 of these are walk-ons. One of their walk-ons is Terrell Brown who played as a freshman at San Jose State and then played his sophomore year at City College of San Frandisco, a juco. Brown is the Aggies' 3rd leading scorer at 10.1 ppg but he also may be carrying some baggage. Apparently, Brown is facing felony charges in California for robbery, assault and identity theft which as far as I can tell are still outstanding.

In any case the NMSU 16 player roster includes 3 seniors (2 of which are redshirt seniors), 7 juniors (2 redshirt juniors), 1 resshirt sophomore and 5 freshman (3 of which redshirted last year).

What looks to be his primary 9-man rotation has the 2 fifth year seniors (1 who is in his 5th year at NMSU and 1 who played 2 years of juco ball and 1 year at Utah before transferring and sitting out last year), 5 juniors (including 2 redshirt juniors), 1 redshirt sophomore and 1 redshirt freshman.

Of the 16-man roster 10 are transfers either from a juco program, mix of juco and D-1 plus 1 division II transfer.

All 7 of the juniors on the roster started their careers elsewhere.

Chris has done a hell of a job putting this group together in what seems to be a pretty cohesive and effective unit. They are going to win a lot of games this year. Toughest remaining games may be Drake and the either Washigton State or San Deigo depending on outcomes in Las Vegas later this month. The Aggies already beat Washington State 69-63 at home this year..

OTOH not sure NMSU would stand up well at all over the grind of an AAC schedule for example. I guess it remains to be seen how this very young Shocker team deals with that grind.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 9, 2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X