No announcement yet.

WSU-Baylor 300 Tickets Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see we have some recruits who will be attending today. It would be nice if it was packed and loud.

Comment

I could better put up with the lackluster media timeout promos, if we could bring back some of the entertaining half-time talent. Nothing against our cheer/pom teams, but that doesn't do much for me every game.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
        I could better put up with the lackluster media timeout promos, if we could bring back some of the entertaining half-time talent. Nothing against our cheer/pom teams, but that doesn't do much for me every game.
        When does the marching band make its debut? Canned music sucks. Let the band(s) play; let the cheerleaders actually lead cheers; let the dancers dance; have all the commercial "promotions" at halftime and leave the timeouts for cheering , enthusiasm and fandom!
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
          I see we have some recruits who will be attending today. It would be nice if it was packed and loud.
          I’ll be there. During intros I’ll be one of the 10,500 trying to figure out if I should clap to a beat I can’t decipher, or swing my cell phone light to a beat I can’t decipher. After each starting player is introduced I’ll do my best to hoop it up, even though the only reason I’ll know a player was introduced is because Don Hall, doing his best Peanuts teacher impression, has stopped making indecipherable noise for a sec.

Should be an awesome 50-ish minutes of actual game and related, surrounded on all sides by an hour and ten minutes of #facepalm.
          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; December 1, 2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
            Shocktoberfest commented
            Editing a comment
            The intro video music is not good. Period. It really depresses me that this can't be done better.

• Shocktoberfest
            Shocktoberfest commented
            Editing a comment
            And why can't we go back to Wolfmother for the team entrance? Something that rocks? Please? Please? Something!

• Steeleshocker
            Steeleshocker commented
            Editing a comment
            As someone who runs a studio and produces the Talk Angry podcast I'm in complete agreement about the intro music. Our crowd is easy to get hyped up if you know what to look for in a song.

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

When does the marching band make its debut? Canned music sucks. Let the band(s) play; let the cheerleaders actually lead cheers; let the dancers dance; have all the commercial "promotions" at halftime and leave the timeouts for cheering , enthusiasm and fandom!
          I believe the debut performance is scheduled for Saturday, December 8th, at the Women's game against Creighton. Probably will serve somewhat as a dress rehearsal.

Comment

The intro video continues to be one of the worst I have ever seen. It's really hard to come up with a video that hypes the crowd less.

Comment

Despite all of the deficiencies with the production, at least it was a sellout, as it should be. Nice going Shocker fans.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 12eagle View Post
                The intro video continues to be one of the worst I have ever seen. It's really hard to come up with a video that hypes the crowd less.
                The music is the biggest fail on that video. There’s no beat to clap for then the music(?) continues for player introductions. No one participates.

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ...and fewer flashlights every game...

• proshox
                  proshox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The flashlights are the F’ing problem. You can’t clap and hold your phone up. Dumbest idea...

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very good point... thought it was ‘corny as hell’ the first time I saw it.

If the athletic department does read this site, like a lot of people imply, then it's even more douchy to not even adjust with the suggestions and complaints that have been made.

$$$$$$$

But it'll catch up with them sooner than later.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

First time catching the vid prior the team taking the court for pregame warm ups (always running late it seems). Music still sucks for that one (somehow?), but that video and it’s content is first-rate. Put THAT video as the intro video, and put some clappable music to it, and it would be crowd energy gold.

But, yet, it is all so hard to figure out somehow.

Somehow.

Comment

• proshox
                    proshox commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That music rocks, but i agree with the rest of your comments. Way better than the pre-line up video.

The pre-line up video is lame. Hard to get the crowd fired up with players dribbling, smacking the ball and mugging for the camera.

Comment

Why can't it just be THUNDERSTRUCK 100% OF THE TIME???Even old people rev up to that....:)

Comment

I had not made it out to a game until Baylor... my that video is indeed terrible. I have been to high school games with better intros. Jeez Wichita State - get it together.

Comment

All you gotta do is change the music. Yeah, the video shots could be better, but it's the music that totally kills it. Literally hundreds of cuts that would make that thing work. It ain't that hard.

Comment

It's like whomever picked the music was trying to be so hip and cool with a music selection that they forgot the PURPOSE of the track in this instance. It needs to have the pulse of a haka - not slow but not too fast, the tempo of a heart pounding at about 90-100 bpm. And like a haka, the tune MUST BRING ENERGY. And if the goal was to NOT seem like it is a copy of someone else, like Shocktoberfest said, there are hundreds of tunes that fit the bill.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                            Shocktoberfest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Absolutely right!
                        Working...
                        X