OU game in OKC - tickets question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OU game in OKC - tickets question

Found out I may be at a cheer competition across the street from Chesapeake Arena that weekend (so expect parking within a few blocks to be scarce) and am thinking of getting a couple of tickets. For those going down, what section(s) are you sitting in?

We are in 208, row A

Comment

Having gone to the game in OKC last time I can tell you not to buy your tickets in advance. I bought tickets for our group and regretted it. We had Lower Level tickets in the corner and I had paid face value for them on Ticketmaster. I got on Craigslist after we got in town and immediate found a guy selling center court tickets in the 3rd row for $20 each. Needless to say I bought them then sold my $50 tickets for $5 each outside the arena :sour: ...but that also tells you that the market is trash for the scalpers and there will be tons of them unloading tickets for next to nothing. Shocker fans will be spread out through the entire arena.

Comment

• RoyalShock
        RoyalShock commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, marty. I am rather risk-intolerant when it comes to things like this (don't want to get scammed), but it's good to know what the options are.

• KBShocker
        KBShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Since this is an 11:00 game when do you think we could buy them that way. The night before or the morning of the game?

• shockfan89_
        shockfan89_ commented
        Editing a comment
        One decent way to ensure you don't get scammed is to tell the seller/scalper you are going to stand right there with them and send your wife/girlfriend/buddy inside with the other ticket. Once they are successfully inside and validate the seat location, they can send a text or make a quick call and you can pay the seller/scalper for the tickets and get the remaining ticket.

I have tried this on two occasions, on one occasion the very first person said no problem (KC Sprint Center). It Atlanta, at a famous artists sold out concert I was accused of being a police, and called some colorful language a few times, but the third or fourth person I approached was very polite and understood my skepticism.

Seems like a pretty efficient way to tell if someone is confident in their tickets being valid and in the location they advertise. Obviously it is more confrontational than the normal approach so be careful and be smart about it.

the scalpers will be thicker than the individuals in vegas with the hooker trading cards. don’t worry about buying your tickets early.

Comment

After seeing the extra fees ($15 in fees for a $16 ticket), I may just wait and try my luck at the arena.

Comment

208 row F

I paid $59 each on Vivid. I'm coming from Houston so I hope the weather stays dry.

Comment

I've got 4 tickets in 119 row U. The group I was planning on going with backed out. I'll sell them to someone on here for what I paid. (120 for all 4). Anyone interested?

Comment

Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Oklahoma City, OK with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and Weather.com

FRI, DEC 7
              Ice to Rain - 90%
              High 36° / Low 27°
              Winds: NE 12 mph

SAT, DEC 8
              Snow - 70%
              High 34° / Low 21°
              Winds: N 12 mph

Comment

• atlwsu
                atlwsu commented
                Editing a comment
                Good markeing

Prices on VividSeats have come down a lot in the past few days. Quite a few under $10, though not all of them allow for e-ticketing.

Comment

Working...
            X