Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Teddy Allen be granted a waiver by the NCAA to play in the 2018-19 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Teddy Allen be granted a waiver by the NCAA to play in the 2018-19 Season?

I think most would agree that it would be better for Teddy Allen to be granted a waiver this season to play, but from a program perspective is it better to play or redshirt this season?
    Better for the Program to "Play Now"
    92.21%
    Indifferent if he plays this season or not
    1.30%
    Better for the Program to "Redshirt"
    6.49%

The poll is expired.

I think its better for Teddy Allen personally to be play this season, but I think it would be better for the program for him to redshirt this season.

Comment

• DUShock
      DUShock commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts exactly. I did vote in the minority for a red shirt

For those who want a redshirt, please give a detailed and reasonable explanation as to "why?".

"The fact that WSU is trying so hard, openly talking about how great an impact he would have, and wearing "Free Teddy" shirts tells you all you need to know why this team needs him this year. (That's not to even mention the medical reasons for Teddy's own sake that just came to light last week)
    The Assman

Comment

It woulda been better for Poo Bear and Chance, not Teddy. I don't understand that at all.

Comment

One of those two might not even...

Comment

• Bluzrover
          Bluzrover commented
          Editing a comment
          So early, but yet...NM

If the reasoning is "because it gives the young players a chance at more minutes and more time to grow". I can see your reasoning and agree to a sense, but I ultimately think that is the incorrect way to look about it.

- Would the Final Four team have made it there if they didn't bring back Ron Baker? Seems obvious why they brought Ron back rather than save a year of eligibility for him
        - Would Ron's and Fred's last season have gone better with Landy playing? He likely would have been here the same amount of time and an extra guard would have greatly helped that squad.

I think the young bucks would actually improve MORE playing with good/experienced players. Gives them a chance to see how it's done and take more of the burden of their backs. This isn't a "we don't know how good he is" scenario. Teddy is a proven gamer and will make everyone around him better.
        The Assman

Comment

• WuShock16
          WuShock16 commented
          Editing a comment
          But for the record, I want Teddy Buckets playing yesterday. Hurry the hell up, NCAA!

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          They could have got a medical hardship for him

• WuShock16
          WuShock16 commented
          Editing a comment
          It seems like I remember that the medical hardship is not as freely given when you have already voluntarily burned your redshirt year.

Moot point though. I am really glad that Ron played in the 2013 postseason.

The "better for the program if he doesn't play" crowd makes no sense.

Comment

We need one more option in the poll.

_
          \_\ This is a really stupid thread.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The program doesn’t matter in this poll, although the program would be given a shining star for helping it happen.

Comment

This is like a "Click if you support Trump" banner on Breitbart
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Why is this a question?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shock
                  shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For the same reason Ocasio-Cortez seems like a viable politician to some people.

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good point, shock. Only rich, white, males should be allowed to run for a political office.

• wufan
                  wufan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hope both those comments were in jest.

If it's a given that it's better for Teddy and his mental health if he plays, then it's a given that it's better for the program that he plays. Those go hand in hand. Teddy is and will be a very important piece of this team now and into the future. The program needs him 100% mentally and physically fit. If Teddy needs to play this year for his future, so to does WSU need Teddy to play. Redshirt talk is ignorant and selfish sounding.

Comment

Anybody know how many other "transfers to be" are still waiting for the NCAA to make a ruling???
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

So when is the decision supposed to come down? Or is it on a "day to day" basis?

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                    Shocktoberfest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If they can't get their decision in order within the next week or so they had better deny it. What a bunch of horse crap if they approve him in January or February. Anyway....

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  So when is the decision supposed to come down? Or is it on a "day to day" basis?
                  Deadline for West Virginia to respond was extended to today. There is no deadline for the NCAA to rule. Most are hoping this week, but who knows with the holidays.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Who knows with the Holidays but even more uncertain is who knows with the NCAA.
                Working...
                X