No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Alabama Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn. Marshall not holding back in the postgame interview.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Damn. Marshall not holding back in the postgame interview.
      Summary for those not listening?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Damn. Marshall not holding back in the postgame interview.
        Does he ever?

Comment

• Box score for the Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from November 18, 2018 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• Just got back from the game. The shocker faithful travel well, it was very impressive. The fans I spoke to pretty much echoed everything that’s been said here. This team grew up in Charleston. The best is yet to come. Really happy for Markis and how he’s starting off his senior year.

Comment

• I think we would all agree we have seen a lot of progress with this very young team in this tournament. Dennis, Burton both had big games albeit at different times. Stevenson has showed flashes. Post play is improving with Udeze and Echenique. The latter has established himself as the starter. McDuffie had a great tournament and hopefully he will continue his solid play throughout the season. The games we lost were very winnable, which shows why consistency is so important along with playing smart and playing tough defense. Like the upside and potential with this group. We just have to be patient and hope the players stay focused and positive.

Comment

• Wow, what fight! So proud of a very young and gonna be an awesome team.!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• We had 7 turnovers including 3 charging calls. I can live with that.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Shock Top
                    Shock Top commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And one 3-second...ERR...5-second call.

• wusphlash
                    wusphlash commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was just going to add that to my comment. Very, very quick 5 second count.

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wondered at the time if the quick count was a makeup call after we got a somewhat friendly call just prior.

T

...:cool:

• I saw some diapers come off in this game. We are officially wearing training underwear now.

Pants will still get shat in from time to time, but by and large we are starting to exhibit solid movement along the learning curve.

Of course Teddy will get Freed on Monday forcing us to relearn the chemistry we just gained. It will be worth a few more losses though.

Speaking of Teddy... what a spirited chap on the sidelines. Great teammate!

T

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Still just enough bad decisions to cost us games. I truly believe that correction is soon to come.

Dexter made major steps today.
                    Jamie continues to improve.
                    Ricky getting more comfortable. Needs to start making shots.

Not sure if this season is going to rejuvenate Gregg or wear him out.
                    I will be happy if Torres learns where to be on defense.

Comment

• wusphlash
                      wusphlash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree and add that many of our guys look lost at times. There are moments where I think our zone defense looks like a Chinese Fire Drill. I expect it, both individually and teamwise, to get better.

• Easy to see why Coach thinks Dexter Dennis can end up in the NBA

Comment

• Obviously no one wants to lose, but the team showed some heart today. They are getting better each and every game. We don’t have a bad loss. This team is not finished. Conference season is going to be a blast. We are going to surprise some teams.

Comment

• I think JE will dominate some AAC games, just as Cold previsioned.

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Had to cringe, then laugh, when he jacked up a couple of wild off balanced treys... he started thinking he was SHJ or Steph Curry. :)

• C0|dB|00ded
                          C0|dB|00ded commented
                          Editing a comment
                          When that boy fully relaxes, his mid-range shot will barely ripple the net. All this 3-ball action though has kind of caught me off guard. I had no idea he had that kind of range. This is a 6'11 dude with arms that probably go at least 7'6.

T

• A great loss.... no, no, no what am I saying.

Not a great loss, but as everyone else has said, it was about as encouraging of a loss and tournament as a 1-2 performance could be.

Particularly impressed with the development of MM. He rebounded missed shots and scored them. He actually took it strong to the hole a couple times and finished. I knew he could stand on the perimeter and hit 3's occasionally but if he can add that to his game he might be a stud yet.

Also believe that WSU could very well now be 5-0 with TA. However perhaps it has been for the best as these player are probably listening to the coach's much better now than if they hadn't lost yet.

Comment

• I would say this has been a relatively tough schedule for this very inexperienced team but they are handling it pretty well and I think playing a quality schedule will pay dividends when we get to AAC play.

Comment

Working...
                          X