No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Alabama Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any team that shoots 31/33 from the FT line is going to 99 times out of 100.
    The Assman

Comment

• Not often a person is this excited about a Shocker team with a losing record. This MTE feels like one step backward, two steps forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Not often a person is this excited about a Shocker team with a losing record. This MTE feels like one step backward, two steps forward.
        Agree!
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Had Alabama shot their average on FT, but the same on FG/3pt, we win by 5.

Had Alabama shot their average on FG, but the same on FT/3pt, we win by 2.

Had Alabama shot their average on 3pt, but the same on FG/Ft, we win by 5.

Comment

• Bonus points for not being in a conference where a so-so non-con craters your entire season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Had Alabama shot their average on FT, but the same on FG/3pt, we win by 4.

Had Alabama shot their average on FG, but the same on FT/3pt, we win by 2.

Had Alabama shot their average on 3pt, but the same on FG/Ft, we win by 5.
              Need to improve our defense and limit their shots.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Shockers just still a step slow on defense. They will get better with time. It's not a lack of talent, quickness or athleticism. Just need more time so they anticipate better and dont react so much.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• We may not see an opponent defend the 3-pt. line the rest of the season. Maybe guard McDuffie out there
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    Shockers just still a step slow on defense. They will get better with time. It's not a lack of talent, quickness or athleticism. Just need more time so they anticipate better and dont react so much.
                    The new guys aren't used to the quickness and athleticism of D1 ballers yet.

Comment

• Looks to me like Erik is jumping into his 3-pointers (jumping towards the basket) instead of going straight up. If he truly is a good shooter he will get if figured out. I have no doubt he will get in the gym and work his butt off on getting right.

I was very happy with the Shocks effort and competitiveness in the 2nd half. I assume this was probably Alabama's best game of the season so far and it took every bit of it to put the Shocks away.

We'll see how the teaching goes as 3G said he is really looking forward to the next 3 weeks.

Comment

• Proud of the guys for their effort. This is the best Ive felt after a loss in a long time. As Fever alluded to, it took a once in a generation free throw shooting parade for Alabama to beat us - kudos to them for knocking them all down. I look forward to them being a 67% team on the season from here on out as is tradition.

Starting lineup should include Burton, Echenique, McDuffie, Dennis. Still not sold on the 5th spot.

Hopefully we can have a less stressful game next Sunday and beat the ever living hell out of Rice. I think another week of practice time would do this team well.

Overall I am happy that McDuffie is playing more under control, Burton/Dennis/Echenique are developing, that we are rebounding better and shooting better at the line. We have got to be more consistent in closing out on shooters and not letting guards penetrate as much. This team needs makers when they are wide open, not just shooters.
                        Last edited by Mr. Pickle; November 18, 2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Always hate to lose and Iā€™m not into moral victories, but this is about as good as I can feel after a tough loss.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Looks to me like Erik is jumping into his 3-pointers (jumping towards the basket) instead of going straight up. If he truly is a good shooter he will get if figured out. I have no doubt he will get in the gym and work his butt off on getting right.

I was very happy with the Shocks effort and competitiveness in the 2nd half. I assume this was probably Alabama's best game of the season so far and it took every bit of it to put the Shocks away.

We'll see how the teaching goes as 3G said he is really looking forward to the next 3 weeks.

Where did this idea that Stevenson is a great shooter come from? As I recall, he was something like a 35-37% shot from 3 in HS. He scored a lot in HS, but it wan't because he was nails from deep.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                              1972Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I would happily take 35-37% from Erik on his treys this season. Would you not? Would like to see him get around 40% in the future.

• 1979Shocker
                              1979Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              People probably thought he was a great shooter from watching his highlight videos, which only showed his makes.

• Still just enough bad decisions to cost us games. I truly believe that correction is soon to come.

Dexter made major steps today.
                            Jamie continues to improve.
                            Ricky getting more comfortable. Needs to start making shots.

Not sure if this season is going to rejuvenate Gregg or wear him out.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Where did this idea that Stevenson is a great shooter come from? As I recall, he was something like a 35-37% shot from 3 in HS. He scored a lot in HS, but it wan't because he was nails from deep.
                              Stevenson shot 37% from 3 as a senior, but I believe he set an area record by making 91.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X