No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Davidson Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even our best teams got caught in a rut shooting (and missing) threes.

This one stings because we controlled the 1st half well. Then just came out crazy and bricking in epic fashion. We were out of control with no focus on what we were doing on either end.

Fouling. Ughhh. Well, thats just what we do, I guess.

Would have been fun to play Purdue, just because we win even number games on neutral courts against teams that start with a 'P'. But oh well.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• what time we play Friday?

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
        How about #FreeChance ? Would like to see him get some run this tourney. As has been said, we need a bucket getter.
        His defense must be non-existent, at this point. Otherwise, you’d have to expect that he’d get some run.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          what time we play Friday?
          3:30. Yippee.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Looking on the bright side, we can hope that we will never see a future Shocker shooting performance similar to what we witnessed tonight.

Comment

• Dark Lord
              Dark Lord commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope all you want, but do not wager your soul on that.

• Disappointing loss. Defense, rebounding and effort are there. Inexperience really shows. I’m actually encouraged as D and rebounding so much better then first game. More experience and confidence will come and the ceiling is high, especially if favorable ruling comes in on Teddy Allen (desperate need in having a go to guy when we need a bucket).

Comment

• Good first half, terrible second half. McDuffie and SHJ, good first half, not so good second half. We need to find some more scorers. SHJ and McDuffie both are having to try to do to much and need somebody to step up with some consistent play to ease the burden on those two. Post play really never got established, we need some semblance of an inside game. We had the game under control, but when you start out a half 1-12 you know your in trouble.

Comment

• TheShocktocles
                TheShocktocles commented
                Editing a comment
                And not once when we were going 1-12 did we pass the ball inside to our big men. We have size but apparently no heart or toughness to demand the ball and score. Is this a coaching issue or are the guards just incompetent or selfish?

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              what time we play Friday?
              330 I think

Comment

• Effort was good enough to win.
                Defense was good enough to win.
                Rebounding was good enough to win.
                Shooting obviously not.
                Decision making obviously not.
                Interior offense obviously not.

Still think this team will be good sooner than later.

I am pissed that any chance of playing golf tomorrow ended with this loss.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Husker4Shockers
                  Husker4Shockers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rebounding good enough to win? How many 2nd chance points did we have? If you're gonna bomb 3's and miss, you'd better get some put backs. I may be wrong but I don't remeber many if any,

• wusphlash
                  wusphlash commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As I said, the rebounding was good enough to win. The shooting was not.

• 60Shock
                  60Shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never, ever, let anything interfere with golf, except sex.

• #FreeTeddy

Comment

• Three comments from somebody that was twenty feet from the court:

1. We NEVER once played that good of defense last year. Lou>Donnie Jones
                  2. Torres is a mystery to me. I don’t know if he is nervous, doesn’t understand the system or is over matched. I’m betting on the first two which at least gives me a little hope. Really pulling for the kid
                  3. Purdue is damn good and we probably would have gotten drilled by them anyway. I just hope we can match our intensity tonight with that type of effort tomorrow.

The rest has already been said by others and I’m tired and going to bed.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                    IndianaShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    On his radio show, Coach seemed to suggest Ricky was extremely bright and knew the system. I think his quote was something to the effect of "he knows our system as well as I do". Makes one wonder....

• I thought MM & SHJ played a decent first half and both usually took decent shots and shared the ball but when times get tough in the second half they both tried to put the team on their backs and force shots and drives. Stevenson took quite a few threes but they all appeared very makeable and not forced. They all will learn and improve

Comment

• We must have 6 and perhaps ten fumbled passes or airballs right under the bucket. Refs were letting them bang so you have to adjust and kick the ball out if you’re afraid or unable to be very strong to the hoop
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• We looked a lot better on defense & rebounding.

im still hoping for NIT

Comment

• My only post on this game. When prior to the first game, I saw a person (maybe more) say they weren’t worried about this teams offensive capabilities, I took a big gulp and deep breath. This team will struggle with scoring the entire year. We may improve as a team, but 500 will probably be a really good record in our league.

Comment

Working...
                        X