No announcement yet.

Providence game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still trying to get over that the Northwest High School Football team scored more points last night than the WSU Shocker Basketball team. NW beat Bishop Carroll 84-67. WOW!

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      That is pretty amazing.

• Is there a replay somewhere?

Comment

• wufan
      wufan commented
      Editing a comment
      I recorded it to watch a second time.

• WichitaHawk
      WichitaHawk commented
      Editing a comment
      wufan would you mind uploading it to mega.nz or google drive and PM me with a link? I wasn't able to catch the game because I was working. Would be much appreciated!

• REPLAY QUESTION NUMBER 12

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Super helpful comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Is there a replay somewhere?
    Last year there was an account that put up some of our games on YouTube, I haven't seen either of our games anywhere on YT yet this year.

Comment

• SHJ played great. I gave him a hard time and said some crappy stuff out of frustration after the first game. I then read online his personal life story and felt really crappy.

Even if he would of played bad against providence I was going to apologize. After reading about his mom and some other things I really felt like a heel. Sorry to any I offended.

Comment

• 60Shock
        60Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        ML, takes a man to stand-up, apologize, and admit he was wrong. Just remember to think twice if a similar situation ever arises in the future.

• I dunno if we'll ever shoot 60% from 3 again, but if we do, we'll probably win. If Duff can square up and shoot it, that will help. Coach continuing to convince the two Seniors to do what they do well, and stop doing what they are not very good at, is important. The next coach will make halftime adjustments to force those two to drive, I imagine. The newbies certainly play better when the old guys step up, that's for sure

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        MM had the best game of his career. While he is capable of having good games, we all know he’s capable of pressing too hard and not playing well. Hopefully the rest of the team will start taking some of the burden so McDuffie doesn’t have to play like this every night for us to win. I haven’t seen Burton shoot a 3 yet but he needs to be one of the guys to take on more load.

• Dark Lord
        Dark Lord commented
        Editing a comment
        You will not see Burton take many three's this season. Those shots will be left to Dennis and Stevenson and Moore if he ever comes around. Burton is not a shooter at this point in his career. He will use his size to penetrate and create shots for himself and others.

The old soul will develop an outside shot at a later date.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I dunno if we'll ever shoot 60% from 3 again, but if we do, we'll probably win. If Duff can square up and shoot it, that will help. Coach continuing to convince the two Seniors to do what they do well, and stop doing what they are not very good at, is important. The next coach will make halftime adjustments to force those two to drive, I imagine. The newbies certainly play better when the old guys step up, that's for sure
      SHJ did a fine job driving against Providence.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• I have scanned the globe and the interwebs and still haven’t found a way to watch the Providence game and it’s driving me freaking nuts. The one game I had to miss and there’s no watchy​​​​... insert ‘pissed off’ monkey meme here.

Replay question #13 :)
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Didn't get to watch the game live and only recently watched the replay, er, recording (sorry to those of you looking for the replay). I thought the youngsters did a great job of keeping the game in front of them and not be discouraged by falling behind by double figures. I'll admit to being dismissive of their ability to come back while following the game on Twitter, so I was extremely impressed by the fact they put their heads down and focused on one play at a time. That's the sign of a classic Gregg Marshall coached team, they just never give up and this groups showed that Friday night.

of course, it's only one game but man, has he got some video to show these young-uns now! That was a solid win over a really good team. Hope they can build on it!

Comment

• I have been a shocker fan since the Dave Stallworth was here. There was a lot of second guessing with respect to Ralph Miller's tactics(coaching). I thought at the time that may have been foolish. I am not privy to any info with respect to his departure other than obtaining a very nice offer from Iowa. Miller was a 13 year coach at WSU and a native Kansan. Wichita was not known as a basketball power prior to Miller. He made it one.

Aarg is also a longtime shocker supporter. His negativity toward the coach which started last year surprises me. He believes that the problem with the unbalanced classes is the fault of the head coach. He also seemed to be proud of his pick of WSU to win only 3 nonconference games.

Aarg believes WSU would be better served if Teddy Allen were to sit out this year even though it would worsen the overload in the current Freshman class. Perhaps this same type of thinking by the coaching staff contributed to the problem. Sometimes "****" happens.

The theme of Aargh's negativity seems to be that Marshall is getting the big bucks and accordingly is responsible for the results. I remember all to well how it was before The Marshall and Miller tenures and have no desire to return to those days. I would shy away from any reference to his salary and the expectations that come with it. I am quite certain that he could leave for greener pastures.

Comment

• MelvinLoudermilk
            MelvinLoudermilk commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree.....The unbalanced classes is not ideal for sure......but Landry went to the NBA and Austin left.....Nurger had to give up his redshirt and play a few years back or he would be a senior this year. Just the way it worked out. Consequences (that will likely never happen again) are the blame more so than GM imo
        Working...
        X