No announcement yet.

Echenique, aka Mr. Stretch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He took that GD ball tonight and he turned and S T R E T C H E D to the basket. NOT A SINGLE GD DRIBBLE WAS DONE.

Then he turned and streaked up the sideline while beating his chest and letting out a primal scream. This kid gets it my friends.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      My man.

Just wait until the day comes when he realizes what he is...

T

What are you telling me? That I can dodge defenders? No, Jamie. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to...

It's a GREAT DAY TO BE A SHOCKER!

T

Comment

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...C4yXguGypYDO7A

not one word about AM
        Last edited by pinstripers; December 28, 2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• rrshock
          rrshock commented
          Editing a comment
          That should be shining some light.

• N Crestway
          N Crestway commented
          Editing a comment
          Hard to say...the Memphis game will tell us a lot more.

Taylor Eldridge saying they should know more about Jaime's status and prognosis early next week before the game at Memphis. At this point my guess is he will not play against Memphis. After Memphis the Shocks play Temple at home, at Houston, then UCF and Cincy at home. Chances are the Shocks don't win those 4 games even with Jaime. Perhaps the best strategy might be to hold Jaime out until we get through those games and, if recovered sufficiently, bring him back for the game at USF on January 22nd.

Comment

Yeah hold him out (if needed) cause we need him at full strength in the American Tourney to punch our ticket!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
            ShockerDropOut commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotta love that enthusiasm!

It does seem AM's days are numbered with the Shockers but that decision is probably up to him. Is he content with sitting on the bench, playing the practice squad (which undoubtedly will give him much-needed reps for some sort of pro career) and earning a degree courtesy of a scholarship? Or, does 3G actually give his scholarship to someone else? But the fact that he's not really getting much of a chance to step up with Jamie's absence due to injury sure doesn't bode well for the big Dane. Too bad, but unless he starts to show some real progress it would appear we might have a fourth schollie open up for next year.

Comment

• asiseeit
            asiseeit commented
            Editing a comment
            We have not had a game since JE got hurt to find out if AM will get added minutes
            or not. Do you know something the rest of us don't? If not, you seem to be jumping
            to conclusions.

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            you didn't read Taylor's article?

• Bluzrover
            Bluzrover commented
            Editing a comment
            AM didn't see much of the court after JE got hurt. In fact, I'm not sure I saw him at all in the entire second half. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would seem a 7' sophomore who exclusively plays the 5 might have seen more of the court once the starting 5 left with an injury. But, as most of us do here, it's purely speculation on my part.

Can AM rassle?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
          Can AM rassle?
          big-show-shocker.jpg
          Big-Show-7.jpg

Comment

When did Taylor become coach ?

Comment

• Bluzrover
              Bluzrover commented
              Editing a comment
              Taylor isn't the coach, but someone who writes extensively about the Shockers. He's got a pretty good insight into the program and does some pretty solid reporting. Based on his recent article, there was no mention whatsoever of AM. Some of us read that as he's not at the top of the heap, or even an alternative to replace JE now that he's going to miss some time this season. Of course, Taylor may be wrong. Perhaps those in the program that he's talking to are keeping some aspect of what the coaching staff is thinking right now for some reason. Wouldn't be the first time. AM is a project. He's slow and has yet to really adjust to American D1 basketball. From what I've seen so far, and it's very little as he's not seeing much of the court, he doesn't have much going for him other than a ponderous game under the basket. But maybe his play improves now that he has an opportunity for real court time with JE out for the foreseeable future.
          Working...
          X