No announcement yet.

Official Wichita State versus Louisiana Tech Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine if that knuckle head 3G recruited a real point guard of the future. A helluva a steal, 4 star type of guy. Oh wait, he did.

These statements against Marshall need to just stop.

Comment

• And I’m tired hearing our fans yell “You Suck” and the band not knowing when to NOT play “We’re going to beat the Hell out of you”. Have some class. Be loud. Be in their face. But cheer with class.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
        IndianaShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Well actually Louisiana Tech does suck. We were just worse.

• We win this game tonight if Reaves was running the show.

Comment

• N Crestway
        N Crestway commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably... Just don't think Reaves was ready to put his body on the line again this year. To me, at the end of last season, Reaves looked very down and part of that may have had something to do with his physical condition.

• Jhook89
        Jhook89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Say what you want about AR, but he was a very cerebral guard, who could shoot, and actually knew how to run our system as a point guard. His steady hand running the offense (Did SHJ ever actually run a play last night?) would have gone a long way. This is all neither here nor there though.

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
      We win this game tonight if Reaves was running the show.
      But he didn’t and he won’t. He didn’t exactly have a stellar season last year either. Reeves is a distant memory and i refuse to even consider what he could have done for us...he decided to not do anything for us. Basra.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Marshall pinning this one on free throws and rebounding. While true, there were other more glaring factors that played into the loss that didn't get a mention.
        He also the said the seniors played like freshmen which was way too kind and insulting to the freshmen.

Single digit posting trolls, Fev. Start sniffing them out.

Comment

• Gameday management still a shining star of pure, unbridled incompetence. Had real crowd enthusiasm a couple times going into TO’s - got promos. KILLED IT! And not in the way the cool kids used to use that phrase. Then we got pump up music the TO’s when nothing of any substance was happening on the court, and everyone in the stands was talking amongst themselves trying to figure out if the folks wearing WSU unis and suits down on the court were alien body doubles.

Sorta like clapping off-beat, but with the potentially game-influencing crowd support of 10,500 people.

Comment

• I told myself before the season that because this is such a transition year that I am going to try to focus on enjoying watching the new players and how they develop. In a very disappointing outcome it was great watching ES have such a great game. He obviously shot the ball great, but he looks strong with the ball, hits the boards, and from my untrained eye looks to be a solid defender that will become a very good one as he gets older. Dexter showed he can bounce back from a tough game and looks like the type of player that is going to be good in all facets. JB had 5 assists and didn't miss a shot - he looked more freshman-like tonight with the TO's but the more he plays the better we are. The other big positive with Jamie - wow. Outside of the fouls he blocked shots, grabbed 7 boards in 13 minutes (he also went 2-2 from the line, so give him the game ball).

I can't add much to what was said about the seniors. Like everyone I hope they slow down and turn things around quickly. Only thing I wanted to point out...looking back 3 years ago and then watching Markis get subbed out for defense in the 2nd half was just incredible. As a FR he could guard anyone on the court.

Comment

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              He sat due to fouls.

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              MM getting subbed in on offense was more incredible

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
            Imagine if that knuckle head 3G recruited a real point guard of the future. A helluva a steal, 4 star type of guy. Oh wait, he did.

These statements against Marshall need to just stop.
            Trollesque tools....we need Fever to sniff them out

Comment

• IndianaShocker
              IndianaShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol if you're talking about me, far from a troll. Some sensitive dudes on here. Just imagine if some of you actually played for 3G...you'd last half an open gym maybe

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              But we don’t play for 3G, you’re not him, and this is a message board not an open gym. So your comments just make you sound like kind of an asshole.

• Side note...amazing what Duke is doing to Kentucky tonight. Maybe Kentucky’s Freshmen are going to have a tough first year as well.

Comment

• Well.................................that sucked

Comment

• The biggest bright spots were Stevenson, Echinique, Dennis, and Burton. They all showed things you can build around: shooting, defense.

The biggest negatives were the seniors. It isn't even that they took a lot of shots and made less than a quarter of them. It is the quality of the shots they chose to take and where those shots came from. Almost every single shot was a drive into a defender or a non-assisted three. The power of experience is knowing how to find shots in the system. The new players needed leaders that could reliably fill their lanes, get people in the right spots, be in the right spots themselves, and get the team rolling. We don't need seniors that can shoot 15 times, we need seniors that can execute the offense and get open 15 times.

On a team this young and inexperienced, our best option is probably to find the hot hand and feed it. Even when Stevenson got hot, he was finding himself. There was little difference between what Stevenson was shooting and was Jones was shooting except that Stevenson was making his shots. We should be running pick n' pop plays for him, finding him open in the corner after a drive, not forcing him to bring the ball up the court and shoot it early in the shot-clock off a dribble.

Ultimately, we were the worse team. Which is unfortunate, because Louisiana Tech picked 6th in their conference. But we were the more talented team, and even if the execution wasn't there we could have won just by converting free-throws and rebounding. That is a positive. Improve the simple things and we can compete on a higher level immediately, if not the level we are accustomed to.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                  IndianaShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Careful. Some get their panties twisted real tight when you suggest the staff could have been better

• "Seniors":
                5-24 FG
                1-12 from 3
                4-9 FT
                Top 2 leading minute-grabbers combined for 62
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                  SHOCKvalue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Crazy...

• N Crestway
                  N Crestway commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is the possibility that SHJ and MM will play better away from the pressure of the Koch arena. To some extent, expectations may have gotten the best of both of them tonight.

• The “FcDuffie” stuff needs to go the way of dodo bird, by the way. Not cool.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                  IndianaShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I he plays a little better maybe we can change it to CcDuffie or even BcDuffie, but right now he gets an F

• SHOCKvalue
                  SHOCKvalue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don’t think most read it that way. Sounds out more like the eff bomb less a couple of letters.

• IndianaShocker
                  IndianaShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can't be blamed for the minds of others. Nonetheless I'll back off him a bit. Just really disappointed in his play. I was extremely high on MM early in his career. I watched him at Terre Haute his freshman year. His body type and skill set combo stood out. Difficult to watch it all being wasted.

• Echenique was great tonight, his efficiency # of 17 was really good, especially considering how few minutes he played, too bad he couldn't stay in longer. We scored on 79% of JE's possessions, his True Shooting % was 81, but unfortunately his fouls per 40 was 15.4.

Comment

• With losing Shamet, Reaves, and Lomax getting out of his LOI, it was inevitable that this year was going to be a bit rough. Not many coaches would survive this kind of challenge the way 3G can.

The silver lining in all of this is definitely our young guys and the fact they’re going to have to grow up quick when they don’t have good senior leadership. Hate saying that because I’d love these guys to go out with a bang, but it is what it is. I still like to think we still have some hope in Teddy Allen being granted a waiver.

This year is going to suck a bit at times, but at the same time, it’s going to be fun seeing them grow and improve as the season goes.

Comment

Working...
                  X