Coach’s Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    He talked about the "first" that happened last year. One was a player who "flunked out" - which was a first (and eventually transferred) - Keyser?
    Reading way too much into how he said it, he said, "there was a transfer, then another who flunked out and eventually transferred." Did Keyser announce his transfer first? If so, would this lead us to believe that the "out of no where" transfer of Austin was the academic issue. And how does one flunk out without Marshall being all over it?

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Marshall doesn't do their work for them. If they don't want to put in the effort, they will flunk out. Marshall's biggest leverage is playing time. If that player is already not getting playing time, then Marshall doesn't have any leverage to make the player work harder in the classroom.

• SB Shock
      SB Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      The way I heard it was that he had a player with academic issues who eventually flunked out - which was a first for him. He then offhandly said that player transferred out of the program. I’m a making an assumption that was Keyser as he seemed to have issues. From what I heard, grades were not the issue with Austin and his transfer.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Coach is wondering when the FBI investigation will ever move to football - if it ever does then pandora box will be open.
    He is 100% correct. You think the stuff in basketball is bad? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

He is 100% correct. You think the stuff in basketball is bad? You ain't seen nothin' yet.
      My guess is the stuff in football is more alumni and booster based cheating as opposed to shoe deals. Thus, the FBI would be less likely to get involved.

Comment

I'd rather not speculate on which player "flunked out," and to be honest, I wish Gregg would not have mentioned it on his radio show. It's not his dirty laundry to air.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
        X