No announcement yet.

2018-19 Coaches Show with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remarkable how this has gone from Marshall's best recruiting class at WSU, back when recruiting was finished last year, to one that a poster thinks has Marshall flummoxed as to how some of these guys got here.

Even allowing for the reality that it almost always takes a while to judge the quality of a recruiting class (especially at WSU where they aren't bringing in one year wonders just putting in their required time before going off to the NBA draft), it seems likely that the truth is somewhere in between, and that the alleged flummoxing is probably overstated.

Comment

• 60Shock
      60Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes a lot of sense. Also shows the difficulty in judging talent and over estimating potential, especially in HS, where a taller, stronger player looks tremendous until he arrives at a respectable college BB conference and is playing against players his size or even larger.

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I've seen out here, pretty much every recruit will automatically be one of the best the program has ever seen. These lofty expectations seem to be based solely on some highlight videos and the fact that the player was recruited to WSU, because every recruit coming to WSU has always been a stud.

• REMINDER: Coaches Show Tonight (02/11/19) at 6:00pm

The Gregg Marshall Radio Show returns to the airwaves, Monday, Feb. 11th. Join Coach Marshall LIVE from 6-7 p.m. every Monday at AJ's Sports Grill at The Alley, or listen to the show on KNSS (98.7 FM / 1330 AM). The show is rebroadcast in a television format Mondays at 9 p.m. on YurView Kansas (Cox 2022).

Comment

• Wednesday recruiting jet trip, Thursday a drive Friday local recruiting

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Did he say what class year he was recruiting on the trip?

Looks like a lot of the "end of the week prep" before leaving for Cincy is on the shoulders of the assistants.

• wusphlash
        wusphlash commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't say what years he was watching but did say he was very pleased with what he continues to see from Gordon, Ettienne and Fernandes. He also said he would be recruiting locally on Friday.

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty easy to see what 3G has been doing. We play horrible, coach publicly threatens to sign players for next year, players respond by bringing their game up a couple of notches, now recruiting is by luxury and not necessity as we don’t have any free scholarships.
        Not accidental words, very measured almost as a vote of new found confidence in our guys.
        Last edited by shoxlax; February 11, 2019, 10:50 PM.

• told Teddy to go to the sideline today in practice, Teddy wanted to argue, Coach said "Dude, you can go all the way to the locker room, cause I'm tired of watchin what you are doin."

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        Did he provide any more context?

• wusphlash
        wusphlash commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounded like too much screwing around when he's trying to make the point about continuously playing hard.

• Comment

• Shocktoberfest
        Shocktoberfest commented
        Editing a comment
        Is Marshall getting a stress test at his cardiologist during this interview?

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        LMAO!

• DUShock
        DUShock commented
        Editing a comment
        It does sound like he is on the treadmill!

• Teddy Buckets testing the waters...

Comment

• another shocker
        another shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        clowning around, trying circus shots. then argues with the authority when he gets called out for it.

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        It would be difficult to motivate oneself if you have to sit out a year while others are playing. Some lapses in judgement are bound to happen.

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        I like how coach Marshall nips it in the bud. In time, Teddy will learn to appreciate it. Parenting 101.

• Teddy tweeted this —

“Why people so comfortable blatantly lying about other people?”

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope he ain't talkin bout Coach

• shoxtop
        shoxtop commented
        Editing a comment
        Why people always tryna read into cryptic tweets from 20 year old kids?

• Shocker1388
        Shocker1388 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah he ain’t talking about coach.. Mcduffie replied on it and said HATERSSSSSSS!

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
      Teddy tweeted this —

“Why people so comfortable blatantly lying about other people?”
      Two people got kicked off West Virginia today. I'd bet he knew them and it's related to the fan reaction to that

Comment

• I suppose nobody brought up the "incident".
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha, ha,ha. Now that’s funny.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        I suppose nobody brought up the "incident".
        "Hey, Coach, settle a bet...did you stare at that fan 10 minutes or 15 minutes?"""

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          I suppose nobody brought up the "incident".
          I tried but they were not accepting any phone call questions. Said they just didn't have enough time in a 40 minute show.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I tried but they were not accepting any phone calls questions. Said they just didn't have enough time in a 40 minute show.
            lol seriously?

That's a crock of ****.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh it wasn’t meant to be funny?

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              The more I hear about the incident the more I believe it was underplayed by those describing it on this site...

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              Who is sayin anything about how grave the incident was? I was imaging it being brought up on his coaches show. That would have been entertainment.

• Doc. Do you know more about the altercation? Who was the other party and what was it about?

Comment

• GnoMe
              GnoMe commented
              Editing a comment
              Touche
              Last edited by GnoMe; February 12, 2019, 05:11 PM.

• My take...

Drunk fan yapping his mouth from the crowd directed at head coach = no biggie. What's new? Happens all the time in every arena around the world.

Drunk supposed "former team manager" yapping his mouth from the crowd directed at head coach = it's personal and deserves a STARE DOWN with a 20 point lead.

Have some respect fool!!!

Maybe most coaches would cower...but I'm on my coaches side 100%. Kick that guy out. He's a POS anyways.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• GnoMe pretty much summed it up.

Comment

Working...
              X