2018-19 Coaches Show with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REMINDER: Coaches Show Tonight (02/04/19) at 6:00pm

The Gregg Marshall Radio Show returns to the airwaves, Monday, Feb. 48th. Join Coach Marshall LIVE from 6-7 p.m. every Monday at AJ's Sports Grill at The Alley, or listen to the show on KNSS (98.7 FM / 1330 AM). The show is rebroadcast in a television format Mondays at 9 p.m. on YurView Kansas (Cox 2022)

Comment

• Shocker1388
      Shocker1388 commented
      Editing a comment
      Feb. 48th? Lol

• Finally a coaches show we with a positive outlook... Hate seeing Gregg coming off losses... It's like a lunar eclipse... Don't happen often.

Comment

• Anything interesting?
      Livin the dream

Comment

• This is crickets.

Comment

• Any news on AM?

Comment

• AM answered all questions correctly and is NOT in concussion protocol. Was held out of contact drills today but is expected to play Wednesday.
            Spent the first few moments talking about AM as a follow up. Said he was best big screener, did a good job of running their sets, good shooter, decent rebounder. Said he needs to keep working on getting quicker. Biggest thing is he wants him to get meaner.

Very positive on Jamarius, Dexter and Eric these past two games. Question is can they take it on the road.

Talked Markis and Samajae defense against Tulsa. Thought they defended their guys well. Thought the bigs did well against Tulsa bigs.

Said the last 10 minutes of the Tulsa game were close to what he's been looking for. The 50/50 ball success, offensive rebounds and taking care of the ball were all good. Gave props to the crowd.

Thought the SMU game was very entertaining. Said neither team could stop the other down the stretch till we got one that proved to be the difference.

Commented on Ricky's play, particularly the pick and roll which is his specialty. Said Ricky got a lot of minutes early this season he probably didn't deserve because Gregg thought he would come out of his offensive funk. Said that's why his minutes have dropped because teams are sagging off him. Thinks Ricky's defense is getting better. Did say Ricky was becoming a leader on this team even though his minutes have waned.

Gave Chance Moore's scholarship to Eli Farrakhan for the spring semester. Eli is here because of Ricky. Team was excited for Eli.

Said they had a good practice today. Leaving tomorrow afternoon for ECU.

I probably missed something but it's been a couple hours.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Something I thought was interesting, Coach's method of getting AM meaner was to sent him to spend some time with X.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                AM answered all questions correctly and is NOT in concussion protocol. Was held out of contact drills today but is expected to play Wednesday.
                Spent the first few moments talking about AM as a follow up. Said he was best big screener, did a good job of running their sets, good shooter, decent rebounder. Said he needs to keep working on getting quicker. Biggest thing is he wants him to get meaner.

Very positive on Jamarius, Dexter and Eric these past two games. Question is can they take it on the road.

Talked Markis and Samajae defense against Tulsa. Thought they defended their guys well. Thought the bigs did well against Tulsa bigs.

Said the last 10 minutes of the Tulsa game were close to what he's been looking for. The 50/50 ball success, offensive rebounds and taking care of the ball were all good. Gave props to the crowd.

Thought the SMU game was very entertaining. Said neither team could stop the other down the stretch till we got one that proved to be the difference.

Commented on Ricky's play, particularly the pick and roll which is his specialty. Said Ricky got a lot of minutes early this season he probably didn't deserve because Gregg thought he would come out of his offensive funk. Said that's why his minutes have dropped because teams are sagging off him. Thinks Ricky's defense is getting better. Did say Ricky was becoming a leader on this team even though his minutes have waned.

Gave Chance Moore's scholarship to Eli Farrakhan for the spring semester. Eli is here because of Ricky. Team was excited for Eli.

Said they had a good practice today. Leaving tomorrow afternoon for ECU.

I probably missed something but it's been a couple hours.
                What good are you if you missed something. Jeez!

Comment

• wusphlash
                  wusphlash commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awww, go sit on your BIG deck!

• I liked it. Sounded realistically positive.

Comment

• molly jabali
                  molly jabali commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amazing what a couple of wins...ANY wins at this point....will do....

• Anyone else catch when coach almost referred to himself as a 6’3” skinny white boy, but then caught himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                  Anyone else catch when coach almost referred to himself as a 6’3” skinny white boy, but then caught himself?
                  I recall him saying, in reference to Jamarius' style of play, that if Jamarius were 6'9" he would be an All-American. Along that line, Gregg's coach told him way back when, that his style of play would have been more effective had he been a few inches taller.

I'm pretty sure all of us 6' something players felt we would have been NBA types if only we had been 6'8"/6"10.

That reminds me that he spoke of Eric's dad being 6'9" and that, supposedly, Eric's growth plates indicated he "could" grow some yet. Liked the idea of a taller Eric.

My apologies to SHOXAAC for not recalling this last night.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

I recall him saying, in reference to Jamarius' style of play, that if Jamarius were 6'9" he would be an All-American. Along that line, Gregg's coach told him way back when, that his style of play would have been more effective had he been a few inches taller.

I'm pretty sure all of us 6' something players felt we would have been NBA types if only we had been 6'8"/6"10.

That reminds me that he spoke of Eric's dad being 6'9" and that, supposedly, Eric's growth plates indicated he "could" grow some yet. Liked the idea of a taller Eric.

My apologies to SHOXAAC for not recalling this last night.
                    You appear to have redeeming qualities.

Comment

• I dunno where this belongs

Comment

• FadedCrown
                        FadedCrown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It would be weird seeing a scenario where we join the American next year, things would be very different.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Lol.

The Eagle learned through a source within the athletic department that WSU bypassed the American’s original offer to join the conference in the 2019-20 season and pay five installments of $500,000 over five years by paying the AAC a one-time, lump sum of $2.5 million last summer to join the conference before the 2017-18 school year.
                      The "Get Us the Fawk Outta The Valley Now" plan.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Glad we bounced sooner than later, just wish we could have won the regular season and at least a game in the tourney. Oh, well, wasn’t to be.

Another great coaches show. It’s so much better now that they quit taking calls. Mike and Coach are both fantastic.

Coach promised that that we still haven’t seen the ceiling for a lot of these guys. While most of us probably figured that, it’s encouraging to hear it from the horses mouth.

Comment

Working...
                        X