No announcement yet.

2018-19 Coaches Show with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If those who haven’t bought in don’t soon, then time to move forward. Wish them luck and bring in guys who want to play for a proven winner and be all in. No room for poor attitudes and bad chemistry in HCGM’s system. It’s not for everyone (fans and assistant coaches included) and that’s ok. I trust someone who has built it his way with the success he’s had. It’s a proven formula.

Comment

• One more thing, coach is a hard a$$ on these kids but you probably can’t find a coach who loves his players and wants them to succeed more than him and the entire Marshall family. See Shaquille Morris.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Can anybody link me to the podcast?
        It on Cox 22 right now. GM just joined.

Comment

• I know that Stephenson was mentioned but Burton is a long way from home too. I’m not jumping to conclusions quickly. I still think he is playing hard. He’s just not confident in his own abilities.

Comment

• If I had a dollar for every Soldier, Airman or Marine that threatened to or wanted to quit basic training or officer training that ended up staying I would be a rich SOB now.

Comment

• wusphlash
              wusphlash commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought you were.

• shoxlax
              shoxlax commented
              Editing a comment
              Just the SOB part

• One thing is certain, this offseason will be interesting.

Comment

• Marshall closes the show by saying there were some repercussions against the officials who called the Cincinnati game. Wonder what happened there?
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I don't think you can underestimate the value of a significant veteran presence to help the newbies adjust.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• "there's some guys that aren't bought in, there's some guys that are maybe a little bit over their heads, there's some guys that are floating right now, in between, whether or not they think this is the right place"

Comment

"there's some guys that aren't bought in, there's some guys that are maybe a little bit over their heads, there's some guys that are floating right now, in between, whether or not they think this is the right place"
                    Do you ever read before you post?

Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• rjl
                      rjl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In Pins' defense, his recitation is a little more accurate than what was posted before (and what caused people to believe GM was talking about 6 people in total).

Can anybody link me to the podcast?
                    If you didn't already find it, here's the podcast. Each coach's show can be found here.

All news, and all that matters to you in the Wichita region, plus 24-hour traffic updates, weather & more. Stream, read and download KNSS-AM from any device on Audacy.

Comment

• How was Erik mentioned? I'll be very VERY disappointed if he leaves the program. He is third in most minutes
                      played along with JB. Need them both.

Comment

• proshox
                        proshox commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Let’s just say he isn’t in the overwhelmed category. Hopefully we go on a winning streak and all these guys begin to understand the method behind the madness.

Winning cured a lot of issues a decade ago. It will do it again this year.

• Shockm
                        Shockm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don’t remember any names mentioned. However I missed a few brief moments.

• rjl
                        rjl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He only mentioned Erik by name with regard to how he played in the UConn game. Talked about how his shots fall in practice, and need to figure out a way to get them to fall in a game. Talked about how he though Erik's defense was a little better in the UConn game and he wasn't getting beat as much.

• I was able to catch the repeat on Cox 22. Listen to the podcast

GM is a man in charge and he ain't messin' around. He will win and he is clearly going to get more personally involved in the recruiting and all other aspects of his team. (reference to Midnight Run)

I think he is more than a little flummoxed on who his assistants recruited. Maybe that is the reason for some of the assistant's departures, though there are lots of reasons. I am sure he does not understand how the program gave scholarships to players who are overwhelmed or don't get it. He is not going to coddle anyone.

This is a guy who is not mailing it in. He could give two shits about $3 million. He wants to win and he is embarrassed on the performance up to date.

I will never forget the wonderful Scot Thompson on the radio show saying game after game. "Mike . . . Mike . . . we just . . . we just aren't very good right now."

That was not GM tonight. He is very transparent. He wants good players who will be coached and if they listen to him, his teams win. Period. If they don't buy into eveything he is saying, they will not play for him. He is a clear leader and I love leaders like this. There is nothing complicated or really nothing to interpret. Either they players can perform AND they buy in, or they don't.

He is a CEO thank thinks he delegated way too much to his VPs and he is pulling back control.

This coaches show gave me confidence for the future.

Don't F with GM . If I am a player on this roster I would get on board ASAP - you won't regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        Kennedy asked about players "buying in". HCGM said that he got a couple players who have not bought in, a couple who feel overwhelmed and a couple who are not sure if WSU is the place for them. Coach says he has his assistants out recruiting,
                        Playing basketball for coach is no easy task for the weak at heart. I've heard these stories over the years. I wouldn't read into a mass exit. Coach is tough and the guys know what they signed up for.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I will never forget the wonderful Scot Thompson on the radio show saying game after game. "Mike . . . Mike . . . we just . . . we just aren't very good right now."

That was not GM tonight. He is very transparent. He wants good players who will be coached and if they listen to him, his teams win. Period. If they don't buy into eveything he is saying, they will not play for him. He is a clear leader and I love leaders like this. There is nothing complicated or really nothing to interpret. Either they players can perform AND they buy in, or they don't.

He is a CEO thank thinks he delegated way too much to his VPs and he is pulling back control.

This coaches show gave me confidence for the future.

Don't F with GM . If I am a player on this roster I would get on board ASAP - you won't regret it.

That's encouraging to hear (vs. S. Thompson), because I was reminded of S. Thompson when watching this team play last Saturday. More specifically, the way S. Thompson would apply paralanguaging at the post game pressers, with all of the ah's, well's, and unh's. That was also in the days before "multi-media," so I'd watch the pressers on 10 and, or, channel 12, and Coach Thompson would be sweatin' up a storm, just like Sean Miller after having to coach against F. VanVleet. It was absolutely a horrible sight to see. Depressing. Many cold nights...
                          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 29, 2019, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X