No announcement yet.

2018-19 Coaches Show with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants to call in and ask what he said to get a tech.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Not me. In fact, I fear a little bit for Mike's safety.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't want to be within a mile of there... :)

• wusphlash
      wusphlash commented
      Editing a comment
      He said he told that referee that he might be guessing at some of his calls. Not those exact words however. Eric's 4th foul, which HCGM felt was incorrect, was the tipping point. The same referee had made the phantom traveling call.

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    P

Just listened to the replay at https://knss.radio.com/media/audio-c...-december-2018

My takeaway:

He’s pumped about this team. Said he was worried about being down 30 at this point in the season, so they’re ahead of schedule in their development.

Said Ricky is a good shooter and that when his shot starts falling this team is really going to take off. Said Ricky is an extremely cerebral player and understands the offense completely. Had high praise for Jaime, as well. Said both kids are delightful to work with and be around. He clearly loves both of those guys.

The Juco guys are the key to the team reaching its potential.
    Interesting comment from 5 days ago and a week ago from Coach. His fears were, as it turns out, well founded.

Comment

Blasting Echineche, Udeze and Chandler. Things that make me go hmmmmmm!
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Coach not pleased with effort vs OU. Duh

Comment

"My centers are not in good shape."

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Back when we had the luxury of depth, he would have Shaq riding a stationary bike behind the bench. Talk about making a point about getting in shape.

His demeanor doesn't seem too bad, all things considering. Certainly have listened to more sour coaches' shows.

He did call out Cold however.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Jacksonville is the third most experienced team in the country, and we are the fifth most inexperienced team in the country.

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/sidy.gif

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            So are you calling the Shocks a bunch of 5-year old little girls?

• WuShock16
            WuShock16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where did you see this quote? Was it on radio show or did you find it online somewhere? The reason I ask is that there is a school called Jacksonville that is different from the team coming to the 316 this week. Just making sure we have correct team.

EDIT: Never mind. I see that Gregg mentioned it on his show.
            Last edited by WuShock16; December 11, 2018, 08:53 AM.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          His demeanor doesn't seem too bad, all things considering. Certainly have listened to more sour coaches' shows.

He did call out Cold however.
          I agree his demeanor had an end-of-season-pre-NCAA-Tournament vibe to it. He's really learned how to take losses in stride. He actually almost sounded giddy to me. There was a day when a loss like Saturday's ***SEE EDIT*** would put him off his appetite for a few days. I actually remember him losing weight during losing streaks. It's all about perspective in this life. It's just a silly game...

Interesting that he discovered the players aren't in good shape and will be be working on their conditioning during the Christmas break. Interesting even further was the fact that the players got an extended weekend break after Saturday.

So he called me out? Really? I must have missed it going from the house to the car. So he brought up the lack of consistent Play Angry basketball starting Fall of 2017? I hope he said he plans on getting that win or die desperate mentality infused back into the players ASAP. It starts with the coach. If the coach wants to win more than he wants to breath (or eat), the players will get the message...

T

...:cool:
          Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 10, 2018, 08:40 PM. Reason: There never has been a loss like Saturday's

Comment

Coach Marshall just cracks me up. LOL I loved the honesty of this man. The explanation about the 3 point shooting in the OU game is spot on. And I didn't get to hear the coaches show but if he was hard on Enchineche, Udeze, and Chandler so be it. We got our ass kicked on the boards against OU and post up play was nonexistent. There is no excuse for not going to the boards strong WITH TWO HANDS. Like the rest of you guys I am looking for improvement on Wednesday.

Comment

This may not be the spot and I have no agenda, but is there friction from CoLd to the coach? Not a real longtimer here

Comment

I just started "making the case" thread .and accidentally put it on welcome to shockernet instead of basketball.
              anyone tell me how to move it?

Comment

REMINDER: COACHES SHOW TONIGHT (12/17/18) at 6:00pm

The Gregg Marshall Radio Show returns to the airwaves, Monday, Dec. 17th. Join Coach Marshall LIVE from 6-7 p.m. every Monday at AJ's Sports Grill at The Alley, or listen to the show on KFH (98.7 FM / 1330 AM). The show is rebroadcast in a television format Mondays at 9 p.m. on YurView Kansas (Cox 2022).

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last show until January 7th. 4 games between now and then. ORU, @VCU, @Memphis and Temple.

Here is hoping for a upbeat and happy coach on January 7th.

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                REMINDER: COACHES SHOW TONIGHT (12/17/18) at 6:00pm

The Gregg Marshall Radio Show returns to the airwaves, Monday, Dec. 17th. Join Coach Marshall LIVE from 6-7 p.m. every Monday at AJ's Sports Grill at The Alley, or listen to the show on KFH (98.7 FM / 1330 AM). The show is rebroadcast in a television format Mondays at 9 p.m. on YurView Kansas (Cox 2022).
                Prediction...3-1 before the next show.....

Comment

It's a little annoying that Marshall can never make the first segment of the show. Feels slightly cheated.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We are not in shape

Comment

Working...
                  X