2018-19 Coaches Show with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
    Our coach likes zone? Have we entered a parallel universe?
    Different coaches, different perspective, different relationships

Comment

I didn't know that Maggie was enrolled at College of Charleston.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
        Our coach likes zone? Have we entered a parallel universe?
        06391adf5cb6d4bd9fd93b2cd94748f9--zone-tv-smart-people.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Teddy Allen wins the visit with the President. He asked the Prez to tweet out #FreeTeddy.
          I'm sure POTUS would fully support free lingerie.

Comment

NO GREGG MARSHALL SHOW TONIGHT (11/19/18)

Comment

REMINDER: COACHES SHOW TONIGHT (11/26/18) at 6:00pm

The Gregg Marshall Radio Show returns to the airwaves, Monday, Nov. 26. Join Coach Marshall LIVE from 6-7 p.m. every Monday at AJ's Sports Grill at The Alley, or listen to the show on KFH (98.7 FM / 1330 AM). The show is rebroadcast in a television format Mondays at 9 p.m. on YurView Kansas (Cox 2022).

Comment

Not a whole lot...............Baylor has lots of new guys.........Coach gushed over our incoming kids..........smalltalk about Cancun next year.........sounds like Torres and DD know the plays (maybe the only two that do)........bragged about DD's character

Comment

DeAntoni, not DeAnthony. Made me cringe.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• ShockerFever
                  ShockerFever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think he mispronounced.

Much like he does with Jaime "Stretch".

• wusphlash
                  wusphlash commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kept referring to DeAntoni Gordon as DeAnthony. Small thing I know but I wouldn't want my coach calling me by the wrong name.

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If Casey Stengel and Earl Weaver got the names of their players right when they were talking about them after the game, it was purely coincidental. Plus, we don't know how Gordon pronounces it himself. So maybe it isn't even wrong, regardless of how it looks -- after all, if a Martian flew into town, he wouldn't guess that anyone visiting from England probably thinks Green-witch Road is Gren-itch, either. In any case, it doesn't strike me as a big deal.

Maybe it’s pronounced Dee-An-Tuh-Nee?

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  DeAntoni, not DeAnthony. Made me cringe.
                  Could you have texted in? Your mind would have been set at ease.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Coach sound a little upbeat. The young kids need some of that too. They can't be expected to know the system to his expectations after 3.5 months, excluding summer drills. GGG has pretty much stated as such too.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      I was pleasantly surprised to hear Coach sound a little upbeat. The young kids need some of that too. They can't be expected to know the system to his expectations after 3.5 months, excluding summer drills. GGG has pretty much stated as such too.
                      In principle, I agree with you. However, we do expect a lot out of college students in 3.5 months on other subjects (and I know basketball and taking an academic course is not the same thing). Basketball players have been playing the game much of their lives. It is their passion and something they have played for hours on end...organized and otherwise. We expect students to do well, in their programs of study, early on. If they don’t do well, they are graded poorly. Many of them are acquiring new skills or studying new subjects within programs...classes that they’ve never participated in. They are working jobs (sometimes, multiple jobs) at the same time they are taking these classes. They are paying for their academics and are diverted in their thinking on many fronts. So, and I honestly ask, why shouldn’t we expect players to get more of a handle on a system after months of practice and study? If they aren’t able to handle it, perhaps they deserve the “low grade” that many have given them. Not trying to be snarky or anything like that...just points of discussion.

Comment

• proshox
                        proshox commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is silly. You are graded against peers with similar experience.

WSU is playing teams with significantly more experience.

Similarly, timing and rythym matter. This “chemistry” takes time to master.

Finally, you have 13 guys trying to establish a pecking order for each game situation.

This is nothing like taking Biology 210 which most freshman struggle to get anything above a C.

• ShockingButTrue
                        ShockingButTrue commented
                        Editing a comment
                        prosox's take is more accurate.

I was referring to principles of psychology and not academia so much, if at all... They're a young squad. Chemistry is a subtle thing.

Originally posted by Singeril View Post

In principle, I agree with you. However, we do expect a lot out of college students in 3.5 months on other subjects (and I know basketball and taking an academic course is not the same thing). Basketball players have been playing the game much of their lives. It is their passion and something they have played for hours on end...organized and otherwise. We expect students to do well, in their programs of study, early on. If they don’t do well, they are graded poorly. Many of them are acquiring new skills or studying new subjects within programs...classes that they’ve never participated in. They are working jobs (sometimes, multiple jobs) at the same time they are taking these classes. They are paying for their academics and are diverted in their thinking on many fronts. So, and I honestly ask, why shouldn’t we expect players to get more of a handle on a system after months of practice and study? If they aren’t able to handle it, perhaps they deserve the “low grade” that many have given them. Not trying to be snarky or anything like that...just points of discussion.
                      Class work depends on solely one’s own performance. 3G basketball, one (or even four) can be doing every detail correctly, but the remaining player can miss 1o percent and the total product looks bad. It is coming.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

REMINDER: COACHES SHOW TONIGHT (12/03/18) at 6:00pm

The Gregg Marshall Radio Show returns to the airwaves, Monday, Dec. 3rd. Join Coach Marshall LIVE from 6-7 p.m. every Monday at AJ's Sports Grill at The Alley, or listen to the show on KFH (98.7 FM / 1330 AM). The show is rebroadcast in a television format Mondays at 9 p.m. on YurView Kansas (Cox 2022).

Comment

• molly jabali
                          molly jabali commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm anxious to hear the question about how Gregg thought it was SHJ's best game while so many on here might not concur.....:)

Because we do not like to give up our biases.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                        X