No announcement yet.

2018-19 Coaches Show with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think he'll mention how young his squad is on tonight's show?

Comment

Coach is in good form tonight. Seems to be taking everything in stride. He’s not looking forward to VCU though with their press. Conditioning is a problem.

Comment

Pretty entertaining show tonight.

Not one token Chance Moore mention though. A little disappointing.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

He said one reason he doesn't call timeouts is that the other coaches get a timeout too and since they are smarter than him it's to their advantage when he calls a timeout.

Basically his point was that when you call timeout it also gives the other team an opportunity to set things up and discuss what to look for.

Comment

No Chance Moore mentions?!

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              No Chance Moore mentions?!
              I would assume that means Chance Moore is “dead to him”

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Pretty entertaining show tonight.

Not one token Chance Moore mention though. A little disappointing.
                I wasn’t disappointed and didn’t expect any mention because he wasn’t asked. Most coaches talk about the players who are under their purview, and not those who quit. He did mention Mo, Jaime, a few others and he brought up a team Christmas gathering at his house. I can see how some would like answers about what happened, but the story is more likely to come from Taylor Eldridge or Mike Kennedy than coach himself.

Comment

Maybe he hasn't noticed that Chance is missing

Comment

• Kung Wu
                    Kung Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh no.

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I wasn’t disappointed and didn’t expect any mention because he wasn’t asked. Most coaches talk about the players who are under their purview, and not those who quit. He did mention Mo, Jaime, a few others and he brought up a team Christmas gathering at his house. I can see how some would like answers about what happened, but the story is more likely to come from Taylor Eldridge or Mike Kennedy than coach himself.
                  So what is the point of a coaches show then? Paying Marshall a few dollars for a fluff hour?

I don't even care what happened. But it would've been nice to at least acknowledge the situation instead of pretend like nothing happened. And even more insulting, to make up some bullshit about a back issue and "surgery".
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

he wasn’t asked.
                    that's the problem.

Comment

Let be clear, the question was not asked because Kennedy didn't ask the question. If the fans were capable of asking the question it would have gotten asked, probably the first question. The coaches show has now become a "safe space" for Coach Marshall. He informs Kennedy what the safe topics are, and where not to go.

Comment

• Shock Top
                        Shock Top commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Afraid that's how most coach's shows are. Not just Marshall's fault.

The radio guy is a Company Man, and you can't do anything to upset the apple cart.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So what is the point of a coaches show then? Paying Marshall a few dollars for a fluff hour?

I don't even care what happened. But it would've been nice to at least acknowledge the situation instead of pretend like nothing happened. And even more insulting, to make up some bullshit about a back issue and "surgery".

You don't even get a full hour because he late every time.

Comment

• insaneykaney
                        insaneykaney commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He's stated several times over that he is late getting there because they have much to work on. Would you rather they not work on it so you can get 3-6 minutes of more commentary? Don't be silly. Also to compare this to being late to practice? The radio show is not the priority, nor should it ever be.

• Shock Top
                        Shock Top commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Being late, is being late. Can't start justifying that it's okay for me to be late to one thing, but not for other people to be late to another. I was taught if you make a commitment you honor that commitment. Maybe you were taught differently, in which case good on you.

I know it's lower on the totem pole than practice, but it's at the same time every week. Surely, you can work around you practices to make it on time. It's not about the extra 3-6 minutes, as you said, but just the respect of other people's time.

It's just a small gripe and I understand we are all late sometimes in our life, but we shouldn't making a habit out of it.

• insaneykaney
                        insaneykaney commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I wasn't taught any differently. But priorities are priorities and no one is perfect, as I'm sure you know. I agree it's best if it's not a habit, but I think the juice is worth the squeeze here. Meaning him being a few minutes late is acceptable due to the reason.

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                      Coach is in good form tonight. Seems to be taking everything in stride. He’s not looking forward to VCU though with their press. Conditioning is a problem.
                      Thank you for sharing that. I feel 100% better now. I want coach comfortable. He's not paid enough to be feeling any pressure. Pressure is for the middle-manager schmucks of the world tryin' to nab that corner office spot.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Let be clear, the question was not asked because Kennedy didn't ask the question. If the fans were capable of asking the question it would have gotten asked, probably the first question. The coaches show has now become a "safe space" for Coach Marshall. He informs Kennedy what the safe topics are, and where not to go.

agree 100%. But it has always been like that. I remember being frustrated with the questions (or lack thereof) during the last couple years of the RS tenure

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

...the question was not asked because Kennedy didn't ask the question. If the fans were capable of asking the question it would have gotten asked, probably the first question. The coaches show has now become a "safe space" for Coach Marshall...
                          Probably an accurate description, but it's hard to believe WSU is different from anyone else in that respect.

That's why coaches' shows have question screeners, either on radio or at the live venue. The only "chance," so to speak, to ask about something like the absence of Chance Moore is for someone to show up and shout the question out loud before being ushered out -- and even then, Kennedy has his bleep button to delay the broadcast long enough to keep it off the air.

Comment

Working...
                          X