2013: NCAA Final Four
    2014: NCAA 2nd Round
    2015: NCAA Sweet 16
    2016: NCAA 2nd Round
    2017: NCAA 2nd Round
    2018: NCAA 1st Round
    2019: ?

Never noticed this.

I'm not noticing much of a correlation..

Comment

Seeing this post I decided to look back at a previous year's early game. I'm not saying there's a correlation between the two, and probably by no means will we make a final four run, but that I will enjoy the ride all season long.

See if you can find your own words after one half of this particular very early season game without going back to archives. Anyone?

"This sounds ugly."

"No more crappy jump hooks, good lord."

"This is ridiculous, (xxxx team name deleted to prevent giving out any clues) missing their PG and have a couple guys out through December and they are beating us in our house? Freakin act like you belong in the top 25 bitches!!!!! Pull you gosh damn head out and start playing real ball! Geeeshussss!"

"Ragged..."

"Are we even running an offense? This looks like a pick-up game."

"We are rebounding poorly, turning the ball over, shooting under 40% from the field and under 70% from the line, and playing sorta dumb."

"Ugh."

"Was there ever any doubt they'd hit a three at the buzzer?" <----------This one is my favorite because it ALWAYS happens to us.

"The BBIQ we've got with half the team is negated by the BBIQ vacuum on the other half of the team."

"We got out rebounded."

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
        Seeing this post I decided to look back at a previous year's early game. I'm not saying there's a correlation between the two, and probably by no means will we make a final four run, but that I will enjoy the ride all season long.

See if you can find your own words after one half of this particular very early season game without going back to archives. Anyone?

"This sounds ugly."

"No more crappy jump hooks, good lord."

"This is ridiculous, (xxxx team name deleted to prevent giving out any clues) missing their PG and have a couple guys out through December and they are beating us in our house? Freakin act like you belong in the top 25 bitches!!!!! Pull you gosh damn head out and start playing real ball! Geeeshussss!"

"Ragged..."

"Are we even running an offense? This looks like a pick-up game."

"We are rebounding poorly, turning the ball over, shooting under 40% from the field and under 70% from the line, and playing sorta dumb."

"Ugh."

"Was there ever any doubt they'd hit a three at the buzzer?" <----------This one is my favorite because it ALWAYS happens to us.

"The BBIQ we've got with half the team is negated by the BBIQ vacuum on the other half of the team."

"We got out rebounded."
        William and Mary in 13-14?

Nevermind, I found the answer. The buzzer comment and a KenPom subscription gave it away. It was Tennessee State, the game after W&M.
        Last edited by Kel Varnsen; November 1, 2018, 12:54 PM.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

North Carolina Central 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
            2011: NIT Champions
            2012: NCAA 2nd Round
            2013: NCAA Final Four
            2014: NCAA 2nd Round
            2015: NCAA Sweet 16
            2016: NCAA 2nd Round
            2017: NCAA 2nd Round
            2018: NCAA 1st Round
            2019: ?

Never noticed this.
            So you're saying NCAA 2nd Round...

25-1-in-9.2-quintillion-march-madness-memes.png
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If Teddy Allen worked his way up to a 40% shooter from behind the arc and becomes eligible, and Torres and SHJ become Joe Ragland, And Dennis becomes Mo Evans, and Burton becomes Cotton, etc,etc
              Livin the dream

Comment

If there is a correlation it probably revolves around relying on Juco point guards in the early years ... one year to develop, one year to dominate.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The game was our home opener against Western Kentucky (2013). Adjustments were made during that game and the team played better in the 2nd half and found a way to win. My point was I trust the system Marshall has in place. We'll have ups and downs, but in the end we'll be OK no matter how much I (or others) tend to over react on a fan forum. No player or family member of a player should be here reading this anyway - its a place for us to vent. Hopefully this season will turn out like 2013 but we'll BEAT Kentucky on a last second shot in the 2nd round.

To be honest, one of the few exhibitions that the Shocks came out and played well under Marshall may have been last season, which didn't quite play out as expected or as I hoped. It was still a good year, though. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Blue horseshoe loves Anacot Steel

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Google!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                    X