WSU Versus Louisiana Tech Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Louisiana Tech Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The Bulldogs are coming!!! GRRRR!!! Last Season we had one of the most experienced teams in the Country and this Season one of the least experienced. In terms of expectations, what can we predict that is a voice of reason? LTU plays in Conference USA along with Marshall and I don't mean 3G. They had a disappointing Season of 17-16 and 7 come 11 in
    Conference play. They are on a mission to do much better and after we defeat them, I'm hoping they do well. It could be a nail biter and I'm hoping the Bulldawgs find it rougher than ruff sandpaper here. Grrr!!!!!!! The Shocks D. must confuse them as they attempt to circle the wagons on Offense and have our Offense clicking where these Bulldogs are so disrupted they will be as if dancing on 2 left feet. on Defense. LTU has not Danced since 1991 and Street and Smith Mag. picks them to finish 7th in Conference USA. Actually, I think they will do slightly better than that.

The Shocks seemed to have a solid outing versus Oklahoma State in a scrimmage and heard SHJ had a good showing and we all witnessed some positive signs in the win last night. Juco Players seem to improve here their Sr. Season, so we are hoping for the best. MM was hot and cold last night and we all are looking for him to help lead this team in hopes he even plays better than his Soph. Season. SN fans were already contemplating giving the keys to our fine City to Jamarius Burton after an impressive showing last night on both sides of the floor. The Shocks sure struggled against a much shorter Catawba Div. 2 team last night. Our inside game never seemed to jell as we only outrebounded them by 3. Shocker shooting was lackluster, especially on 3-pointers in which we only shot 21.7% on 5-23 shooting. We only had 10 assists and they had 12. We know to defeat LTU we must improve in all of these areas among others. Our talent is there but our lack of experience was exposed and must vastly improve. Will it? That's where y'all come in and I say "In Marshall We Trust." I'm sure hoping Teddy Allen gets cleared to play soon, very soon. Either way, yes I do see talent and realize it will take more time than usual to get this squad playing in harmony. Mags have picked us anywhere from 4th to 6th in the AAC and the AAC picked us 8th. GRRR! They were the only ones last Season to pick us 2nd instead of 1st and we tied for 2nd with Houston. Let's hope our beloved Shocks get their attention with a solid showing. Have any of you noticed the start of our Conference games? A very tough group of teams we play to start Conference play. Oh well, we have to play 18 games anywho, so there's that.

LTU has solid guard play led by 6-2 laser shooting guard Derric Jean who shot 43.9 % from 3-pt. land last Season. Mr. Burton may need to be on him like a cheap suit. Amorie Archibald had a solid finish last Season including a 21 pt. 7 rb. showing versus S. Miss. whom we also play this Season I think. Anthony Duruji is their defensive stopper and shot blocker and 6-8 Oliver Powell is also a solid inside force for them.

So yes, it will be an adventure in many if not all games this Season. HCGM will make the best of it all and we will win this game by 7 points but must play much better than last night as already stated. Also, I wanted do one more prediction thread to follow our SN tradition of having a Prediction Thread in hopes this will continue. This will be my last one for an unknown duration but will be checking in often and hoping the Shocks have a great Season. In the meanwhile, it has been an honor starting this thread and praying the Lord blesses and keeps each and every one of you.

WSU----------------70

Louisiana Tech--63
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

There he is. Now everything is right with the world. A good omen for better Shocker play for sure.

It will be interesting to see how much difference getting a game in front of a big crowd behind them and a week of practice to work on a lot of things that will be pointed out to the guys in the video sessions will make.

BTW, hope you are okay. Hope the Lord takes care of you as well.

Comment

One small step for some, a giant leap for others.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Starting line-up:

Torres
        Haynes-Jones
        Allen
        McDuffie
        Udeze

Rotation:

Burton
        Dennis
        Brown
        Midtgaard & Echinique

Livin the dream

Comment

• pie n eye
          pie n eye commented
          Editing a comment
          My question was about Stevenson, I see your answer below.

Haynes Jones
        Stevenson
        Burton
        McDuffie
        Udeze

Comment

I do not feel we will see Torres and Haynes-Jones start together. Really hope we can see Allen next week and if we do I think he is in the starting line-up. I also feel you left out Erik Stevenson, he will see some court time.

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
            I do not feel we will see Torres and Haynes-Jones start together. Really hope we can see Allen next week and if we do I think he is in the starting line-up. I also feel you left out Erik Stevenson, he will see some court time.
            I’m a big fan of Stevenson. If Allen is available, Then there will be about 90 minutes available at the 1/2/3. SHJ and Torres get 40-45 minutes at the 1/2. Burton gets 20 at the 1/3. Dennis gets 15-20 at the 2/3.

If if there is foul trouble, or if Allen isn’t available, then you will see Stevenson with more than ~ 5-8 minutes.
            Livin the dream

Comment

louisiana tech by 6

shockers would have to make a quantam leap over last night to even possibly win

Comment

Torres has not warranted getting more than 10 minutes yet. He needs to show something against La Tech or he may lose his PG minutes to Burton.

Comment

I'm going to get hammered for even suggesting it and I KNOW it won't happen but I'd like to see some
                  zone. Our centers are big but slow. I cringe every time I see them chase the ball or a man outside of
                  the paint and help defense was very poor, as well. Even playing man I don't want them further out than
                  ten feet. Make an opposing center beat us from beyond that distance. Having said that I will be
                  shocked if RT starts. I think it will be JB, Jones, DD, MM and whoever starts at center doesn't matter as all
                  four are likely to play. ES will be first off the bench. GM will encourage him to look for his shot more and he
                  will nail a couple three's and get his first double digit game. Shocks 68 -65

Comment

LTU, while being a little more talented, won't play as inspired as Catawba. I predict about the same result. Close game where we break away late.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Lady of the Mist - 60
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tradit...dy_of_the_Mist

Keeper of the Plains - 68

Go Shockers!!!
                      :poster_wu::bball_spin::poster_shocks:
                      Last edited by WuShock Reaper; November 1, 2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I think same starting 5 as exhibition.
                        Good guys at home 72
                        Bad guys visiting 63

Comment

FSF, wishing you the very best, and know for a fact you and your tremendous PreGame Predictions and Discussions will be greatly missed until you return back to us.

You have constantly brought to this board, in both the best and worst of times, insight, common sense, mixed with a tremendous sense of humor.

Hurry back, Ol' Friend.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                            forevershockerfan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks 60Shock and thanks for the nice compliments. We go way back on here. Your observations are also enjoyed on here.

forevershockerfan - this ones for you...

“Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!”
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                            forevershockerfan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            WstateU--I luv saying this to the young folk and see the perplexed deer in the headlights look I get from that. It points to our age and there were so many kewl advertisements like this on the tube back in the day.
                        Working...
                        X