No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Louisiana Tech Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Kennedy say the university is "hopefull" on Allen, but expect they won't get the answer until some time into the season.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
      forevershockerfan commented
      Editing a comment
      If we had Allen and Burton in the game together, this would cause some perplexities to our foes on their defensive matchups.

Us 72
    Them 69
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

65-58 Shox win.

Comment

X Man 77
        Mailman 70

Comment

If we play like we did in the exhibition, we lose.

Comment

• kcshocker11
            kcshocker11 commented
            Editing a comment
            True Dat, they are a experirnced team

Okay, who is going to sub-in for forevershockerfan while he taxes care of his personal beez wax, and carry the torch of starting these pregame prediction threads for a little while?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• wichshock65
            wichshock65 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like a good job for Taylor to me!!

• homegrownshocker
            homegrownshocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Replacing (forevershockerfan) that guy won't be easy, it's as if we lost another senior off last years team.

• forevershockerfan
            Editing a comment
            homegrownshocker, I only wished I'd been good enough to just be a Shocker ball boy. Was just thinking of the first time I met Dave Stallworth when I was knee high to a grasshoppa. He was so down to earth to talk to about Shocker basketball. What a great star Dave Stallworth was both on and off the court and his legacy is still and always will be epic.

At this point I am not very optimistic about the outcome of this game on the scoreboard. Regardless of that outcome I hope we see some signs of growth from this team and signs that they can learn from their experiences.

Jamarius looks to me like the best choice for this team to run the point. I think he does a better job of being a floor general for the team than Samajae and is more likely to get the team organized and and to get his teammates involved.

Hopefully, Markis settles down and Samajae continues to shoot the ball well..

Doesn't look like we will be getting much scoring out our front-court but we need the big guys to be tigers on the boards. Morris looks like he will be a good rebounder as does Rod. Btu our leading rebounders against Catawba were Morris, Jamarious, Samajae and and Erik with 5 each.. Good to see the guards reboudning but where's the beef?

Ricky, Dexter and Jaime need to show they can step up their games significantly.

Would like to see the 3point shooting far north of the 21.7% we hit agianst Catawba.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 1, 2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I'm trying to not take too much from the 1st game. We got the jitters out of the way and now 3G has a better idea who can play under the bright lights. I expect some of our freshmen to start asserting themselves a little more and play better this game.

Comment

Shox - 106
              La Tech - 68

Shox hit a few more 3s.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                I heard Kennedy say the university is "hopefull" on Allen, but expect they won't get the answer until some time into the season.
                That's total horse crap if they drag this out that long. It seems this process has been pretty efficient for recent applicants.

Comment

He seems to be working out of Gregg’s doghouse and had limited minutes. However, if he can get out of the doghouse, and continue to grow, I thought that PB Chandler looked good and one can see his potential. He has good foot work on the low post and doesn’t appear to be the project (Udeze looked good for a Freshman too) that AM and Echineque are. When trying to post up AM and Echineque looked out of place.

Comment

• im4wsu
                    im4wsu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Who be "he", the first word in your post?

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He's talking about Chandler. There was a report of a player not taking coaching well in practice. Then speculation that we would know who by the last person off the bench. That person was Chandler.

La Tech played two games on consecuitve days in mid-August in Costa Rica. They beat the Costa Rica National Team 90-80 and beat another Costa Rican team the fololowing day 74-62. I have no idea how strong those opponents were.

La Tech plays its lone exhibition game tonight against D-II Union University out of Jackson, Tennessee. Union finished 10th in the 14-team Gulf South Conference last year.

La Tech is picked to finish in the 6th in CUSA coaches poll out of 14 teams. In addition to the players forevershockerfan mentioned in his thread opening post DeQuan Bracey, a 5-10 Jr. guard, was selected as one of the 11 CUSA preseason All-Conferece team.

This should be a good season opening challenge for the young shocks.

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    at least there will a player SHJ can shoot over and match up with defense

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  He seems to be working out of Gregg’s doghouse and had limited minutes. However, if he can get out of the doghouse, and continue to grow, I thought that PB Chandler looked good and one can see his potential. He has good foot work on the low post and doesn’t appear to be the project (Udeze looked good for a Freshman too) that AM and Echineque are. When trying to post up AM and Echineque looked out of place.
                  I really think IPBC is going to have a career similar to Shaq Morris. Limited minutes as an underclass man, but a key starter as an upperclassman.

All the bigs need to be quicker on help D and they need to box out better. They’ll get that down soon.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Probably. While Shaq was naturally lazy and hard headed, I’m hoping PB Chandler is quicker to learn. If he does, he could help us this year and be far ahead of where Shaq was as a redshirt year Fredhman.

Prince McJUNKINS 74
                  Phil Robertson 70

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                    Editing a comment
                    The Prince was sooooo very talented and loved watching him play and listening to games he played in on the radio.

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I remember Prince very well -- but, Phil Robertson?

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hopefully, they will not be happah, happah, happah, when the game is over.

I'm expecting numerous players to have at least a slightly better performance this go-around. Good enough to win by a 5-10 point margin.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That seems pretty reasonable. It was a little surprising that we had so many players with sub-par performances. If you buy into Taylor Eldridge's grading we had 7 players with below average outings. So it would not take that much for 3 or 4 of these guys to have better performances against La Tech. Just 3 or 4 average to slightly above averge outings might be enough from this group.
                Working...
                X