No announcement yet.

WSU vs Catawba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the video needs a LOT of work if I'm being honest. If Marshall has a big game at home, and has 2 or 3 big recruits in the stands, I want them seeing the history of Shocker basketball in addition to the new guys. WSU playing against KU, Ohio State, Kentucky, etc.... Those games represent what Shocker basketball is all about

And as a player, I would rather look up and see historical highlights and say to myself, OK, Early, VanVleet, Baker, and Shamet all got the the NBA under GM. Why not me? Where do I sign?

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe throw in a Carr, Levingston or X-Man dunk for us older farts.

P.S. The women's intro video isn't too bad...

• JVShocker
      JVShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      WstateU - yeah, the only reason I didn't include Carr. Levingston or McDaniel is because they didn't play under GM. I'm not certain how that plays to younger kids who may or may not know who those three were in regards to their collegiate and professional careers.

• TheShocktocles
      TheShocktocles commented
      Editing a comment
      I am trying to be fair but that is absolutely the worse video I have seen at WSU. It shows no history of our tradition or recent NCAA success. What have these players accomplished? What has this team done? OK I understand they have worked hard, but before we feature them on the introduction video perhaps we need to see if they accomplish something. Shocker fans need to be reminded of who we are and where we come from. And so does this new group of players.

• Shocker Mama please check you private messages; my friend in Mulvane will be pleased to meet you to exchange cash for your tickets. I live in South Carolina, so he will deliver my ticket to me when he arrives for the tournament.

Comment

• I was just sitting here at home thinking about how nice it would be to have eric Hamilton still :)

Comment

• Remember last year, WSU looked like world beaters up until the SMU loss and then faded. Agree with Marshall that the final loss to Cincinnati probably deflated the team a lot. This year's team will have the opposite trajectory but will fall short of an NCAA bid. Betting there is an NIT bid, however. The pieces are there to do it.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          You have a more memorable take on the season up to the SMU game than I did. Good for you.

• FadedCrown
          FadedCrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Wichita State went 10-5 after the loss to SMU, so maybe you are right.

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          While we were 15-2 prior to the SMU game (we lost at home), we looked bad the 1st half against Cal; lead ND by 15 early 2nd half, still up 12 under 12 minutes left, and up 9 with 7 left before finishing 4-14 to lose by 1; winning at Baylor wasn't as big a deal as thought at the time; winning by 10 points over SDSU (down at half) and FGCU (up 2 at half) and 9 points over Arky St (down at half) all at home were all warning signals for the second half of the season.
      Working...
      X