[Pre-season] WSU vs. OSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
    The term “thug” gets thrown around way too much. A player shows emotion or passion and they get called a thug. You want to refer to Rondo, Ingram and CP3 as thugs after that squabble last night, fine. But calling kids celebrating in a locker room thugs is out of hand.
    I agree with what you are trying to say, but I would just say calling Rondo, Ingram, and CP3 thugs is not fine either. Black people dancing in the locker room after a win or getting in a small scuffle during a basketball game does not make anyone a thug.

Comment

• Slykryck
      Slykryck commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re right. I’m not actually fine with people referring to those 3 as thugs. It was unnecessary behavior and not as easily defendable as dancing in a locker room.

I tried not to bring race into the topic, although the term is often used to refer to black people. I had a coworker who couldn’t understand why I was offended when he described the “thugs” that were trick or treating in his predominantly white neighborhood.

Glad to hear our seniors played well and that a couple of our freshman are learning quickly.
    Livin the dream

Comment

The term “thug” gets thrown around way too much. A player shows emotion or passion and they get called a thug. You want to refer to Rondo, Ingram and CP3 as thugs after that squabble last night, fine. But calling kids celebrating in a locker room thugs is out of hand.
      I didn’t. You misread. Kids can celebrate all they want. That’s great. Just don’t put out a scrimmage win victory dance video and pronounce yourself to be world beaters.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxplode View Post

I didn’t. You misread. Kids can celebrate all they want. That’s great. Just don’t put out a scrimmage win victory dance video and pronounce yourself to be world beaters.
        Do you overreact to everything? Or just celebratory lockeroom videos? Just curious.

I missed them pronouncing themselves as world beaters. Looks like a team that was just happy to play against someone else and who is ready for the season.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

You are wrong. It was tweeted out by Taylor Eldridge who is widely followed and reposted here. It already has 2.7k views. My point is I’m looking for some leadership and maturity from Marcus to impart on this young inexperienced shocker squad. He’s stepping up into a role he has not filled before. If this was okie state spiking the football on us we would be calling them out for being thugs.
          Didnt misread anything. You used the word thug. Seems to insinuate that players celebrating in a manner that you disagree with makes them thugs.

Now, if you would like to clarify YOUR statement, feel free. But I didn’t misread anything.

Comment

All you Francis' out there need to lighten up.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Slykryck
              Slykryck commented
              Editing a comment
              You’re right. It’s out of hand. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

We going to get a box score or more info on the game? I’m seeing more info put out on twitter regarding other scrimmages
            Last edited by Jhook89; October 21, 2018, 08:30 PM. Reason: autocorrect

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Didnt misread anything. You used the word thug. Seems to insinuate that players celebrating in a manner that you disagree with makes them thugs.

Now, if you would like to clarify YOUR statement, feel
                free. But I didn’t misread anything.
                Didnt mean to trigger you. It was just one guy’s take on the video. It wasn’t meant to draw so much attention. I would rather hear about how the scrimmage went than dwell on this any longer.

Comment

Didnt mean to trigger you. It was just one guy’s take on the video. It wasn’t meant to draw so much attention. I would rather hear about how the scrimmage went than dwell on this any longer.
                  So now I’m triggered? You could have said sorry, I wasn’t intending to refer to them as thugs (you did), let’s get back to basketball. I would say something crazy, but you’d probably just call me a thug. Seems to be your MO. Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Minimizing the fact that this team hasn’t accomplished anything yet is probably right. We are still 0-0. However, your doormat comment may be a stupid one when One looks back later. OSU may well be a Top 50 Team. The Big 12 (or 10 whichever is right) appears to be a really strong league this year. They aren’t going to be USF in the AAC.
                    They are a unanimous pick to finish last in the Big 12. If they finish last in the Big 12, that's called being a doormat. If they finish last, I doubt they're anywhere close to the Top 50.

I never said they were USF. But this program is bigger than celebrating scrimmage "victories" over borderline Top 100 schools at home.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                        We going to get a box score or more info on the game? I’m seeing more info put out on twitter revolving other scrimmages
                        Someone on The Shocker Faithful said the score was 57-43.

Comment

I’m sure Fever has something to say about the :25 mark. ;)

Comment

• wichshock65
                            wichshock65 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Lololol. Why would you post that? Fev is going to be on a rant for days now. Not that I blame him. Jones has a lot of proving to do and that video is not helping his case

• Slykryck
                            Slykryck commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I totally missed this and copied you post. My bad.

• AndShock
                            AndShock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great minds think alike :)

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

They are a unanimous pick to finish last in the Big 12. If they finish last in the Big 12, that's called being a doormat. If they finish last, I doubt they're anywhere close to the Top 50.
                          Researching before One makes statements can be a good idea. Does Unanimous mean that all say that? I looked to the Top 144 College Madness publication (I didn’t need to look at USA Today, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, Athlon, Street and Smith, etc. ) and they picked OSU #6 in the Big 12. OSU was nowhere close to their door mat. It’s definitely not unanimous and OSU may end up a Top 50 Team yet. I’m not saying for sure but maybe.

Comment

Working...
                          X