Jailbird gonna Jailbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jailbird gonna Jailbird

It's just beyond comical at this point. Every year, multiple players, same players repeatedly offending, etc. That Dan Mullertard is running a tight ship. What a laughing joke of a program.

Of course, Muller is going to put out the ol standard "we are handling this internally", "we have program standards", and promptly suspend him the first 30 seconds of the first game and call it good to ensure another successful NIT bid in AbNormal.
    NORMAL — Illinois State senior basketball standout Milik Yarbrough has been suspended indefinitely from all team activities, the school announced Wednesday morning.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Dan sold his soul years ago. His ROI has been very poor.
    The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Figured I'd toss this on here.

Former ISU redbird who transferred from ISU after his freshmen year for medical reasons just got dismissed from Iona after putting his coach in the hospital during a fight. Quality character recruiting ...

Iona’s top returning player, forward Roland Griffin, told Stadium he has been dismissed from the team after what he alleges was a physical altercation with assistant coach Garfield “Ricky” Jo…

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries! He just needs to transfer to a P5 school -- they will have his hardship waiver signed by the end of the month!

• BOBB
        BOBB commented
        Editing a comment
        Never know. Could gave been a Carlos Diggins type situation and the coach had it coming.

Sitting him out of the first exhibition sure showed him!!!

Comment

• Walker
        Walker commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao. I love how Muller confirms everything we think about him and that university.

This just in, Dan Muller has no soul.
      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

“The most disappointing thing to me is seeing that happened on Thursday in practice. We did not have a good practice,” said ISU senior guard Keyshawn Evans.

“We always say that stuff carries over and it happened out here on game night. We got what we deserved with our practices leading up to the game. That's probably the most disappointing thing.”

“We've been fighting them (the ISU players) pretty hard to compete on the defensive end for a couple weeks now. We got what we deserved tonight,” said ISU coach Dan Muller. “Now 62 is a lot. It's the most I've ever been part of.

“The bottom line is we don't have enough guys who are committed on the defensive end and we're soft. We're a really soft team right now, and I have to figure out a way to change that.”

“He just doesn't compete and he's not coachable. That happened last year a bunch of times. I'll do it again,” said Muller of benching Yarbrough for long stretches.

“I'm just trying to play guys who were trying to fight with great attitudes, which was most of the team. I thought Rey (Idowu, freshman) did a great job (in the second half), and I should have played him earlier. It's got to be 1-10.”

“We've talked a lot about commitment on the defensive end for a long time now,” said Muller. “Unfortunately, this team is going to have to take multiple losses for them to actually get it because they're not listening.

“We had bad practices this week, and when you play a team at home that has lost eight games in 10 years they're going to beat you. I also think we have a group of guys who thinks we're better than we are. Those are all signs of lack of leadership and maturity and hopefully we get better with that.”

Sounds like Dan has completely lost the team. Calling out a player to the press as being completely uncoachable and saying he doesn't compete. Same kid who keeps getting arrested yet never gets punished ...

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          So..... what are you saying? (cough, cough)

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          Muller's chickens are coming home to roost. This is what happens when you over-value talent and under-value character.

Too funny. You get what you pay for, Dano.

I think their whole program looks like trash here. Yarbourough for being a delinquent and Muller for not punishing the delinquent and then blaming the delinquent for being a delinquent.

Love it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

On another note hasn’t Keyshawn Evans been there for like 15 years?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Too funny. You get what you pay for, Dano.

I think their whole program looks like trash here. Yarbourough for being a delinquent and Muller for not punishing the delinquent and then blaming the delinquent for being a delinquent.

Love it.
            Had Ill St not had Yarbrough hadn't played, they'd got their asses kicked by Chicago St. Won by 4, Yarbrough had 24.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Had Ill St not had Yarbrough hadn't played, they'd got their asses kicked by Chicago St. Won by 4, Yarbrough had 24.
              A great teaching moment by zen master Dan.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yarborough has Dan by the balls.

Comment

Not sure why Dan wants Yarbrough to get any better. Any player in that program who shows he's got any iota of talent and can stay out of trouble for a year transfers to a better program.

And no, no the standard, "Illinois State transfer," either:

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Remember how great it was when their team bus rolled into town?
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Maybe Muller figures that if his players are in constant legal trouble that other schools won't want them.

Reggie Lynch was expelled from Minnesota after his SECOND sexual assault there. Maybe Muller figures that other schools will know all about the type of "character" he instills in his players and stay away from them.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                      X