Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Rules Updates - Mainly Agents, One-and-Done, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Rules Updates - Mainly Agents, One-and-Done, etc.

Lots of words. Not lots of details.

Proposals include players using agents to explore the draft (and agents covering some expenses) and returning to school. Calipari raised a scholarship limit question on that one. A procedure to allow "elite" high school players to work with agents, but still go to college if they don't go to the NBA. The ability to use outside info (such as the FBI's current investigation) without developing the information and documentation independently. And more.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

See discussion here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      See discussion that 90% of ShoclerNet readers will never see here.
      FIFY
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        FIFY
        Perhaps you should guide us all on what level of involvement an NCAA thread should impact WSU vs all other schools before it's sent to where no one sees it. I mean it was posted nearly midnight last night, has 151 views, and 7 responses. This thread does have almost 120 views in just 2-3 hours in the middle of the afternoon, but the only discussion so far is ours.

Maybe we should include all NCAA threads in the WSU topic. Or posters can add that topic. There has only been about 10 new threads since June 1st, so it shouldn't be that much of an inconvenience.

Comment

By the way, the intended purpose of my post was so others could see what had been discussed so far.

Comment

Aargh's point is valid though. Way less traffic over there than here. I think relevant basketball topics should probably be put in this forum. I mean if test toxtrin and all of its natural wonders stays around on the basketball forum, I think this one should probably make the cut.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shockrah
              shockrah commented
              Editing a comment
              Having too high expectations in the shockernet arena can be a focus of conflict.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Aargh's point is valid though. Way less traffic over there than here. I think relevant basketball topics should probably be put in this forum. I mean if test toxtrin and all of its natural wonders stays around on the basketball forum, I think this one should probably make the cut.
            I have no problem in such items being placed in the WSU basketball forum, however, what NCAA basketball topic is relevant regarding WSU for one person may be different to another. As such, if we are to do this, a person should not be chastised for placing an NCAA basketball topic here based on one's opinion of varying relevancy to WSU.

As I said above, my main purpose was to give the link on this topic where a discussion was already in progress that SNrs might have wanted to review.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Lots of words. Not lots of details.

Proposals include players using agents to explore the draft (and agents covering some expenses) and returning to school. Calipari raised a scholarship limit question on that one. A procedure to allow "elite" high school players to work with agents, but still go to college if they don't go to the NBA. The ability to use outside info (such as the FBI's current investigation) without developing the information and documentation independently. And more.

http://www.kake.com/story/38841872/n...aft-recruiting
              only the designated top-20 (or some number like that) high schoolers will be allowed to work with agents. ncaa is greasing the skids, making it easy, for unc, duke, ku, uk, michigan state etc.

their recruits deal with agents? no problem.

i wonder who advised ncaa inc. to formulate that new rule.

Comment

ncaa is shady like grady

Comment

Working...
              X