2018-2019 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    We'll also get more involved in volleyball, women's basketball, and, hopefully, get back to being a regular at baseball games in the future.
    I have always believed that this is a good way to support Men's basketball indirectly if you are unable to purchase Men's Season Basketball tickets for any reason but still want to chip in on the theory that every dollar other programs generate is one dollar less that men's basketball has to subsidize. Yeah you can just wirte a check to the men's bassetball program for $100 if you want to chip in on a small scale or you can snag a pair of season tickets to either volleyball, women's baksetball or softball for about the same money. And for women's basketball and volleyball that gets you prime parking as well.

If you purchase season tickets to one of the other sports you will probably receive information on that program's Fan Club. Here is the link to the Shocker Sports Club: https://foundation.wichita.edu/Shocker-Sports-Clubs or you can just contact the AD's office or the administrative assistant for each sport.

Not sure these clubs are very well know outside of he season ticket bases for these sports and, of course, they would make the most sense to join for season ticket holders:

Baseball Battery Club
    Men's Baseline Tennis Club
    Women's Baseline Tennis Club
    Softball On Deck Club
    Volleyball Shocks Match Club
    Women's High Hoops Club

Usually some kind of premiums or perks go along with membership to these clubs depending on your level of support. For example for my Setters level Volleyball Match Club membership gets me a WSU Coffee Tumbler, a set of WSU Wodden Coasters, an Autograhped Team Poster, 1 Polo Shirt (which are typically pretty nice),and as all levels of Match Club memberships get Pre-Game Scouting Reports & Hospitality.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Season tickets for WSU MBB have never been about seeking the lowest cost option, and never will be. I’m certain that is the case at all CBB programs with passionate fan support.

The cheapest season tickets today work out to about $50 per game. While there might be a couple of games per year where the demand in the secondary market will exceed that, by and large the balance of the games won’t come close. And that’s the cheapest tickets in the house - last seven rows. The majority of the arena below that go up in season ticket cost at a very rapid rate, so there’s zero shot of those folks even coming close to making a dent in the outlay via the secondary market.
      This. I've been a NBA STH for years and my wife and I debate every year whether to renew. I/we probably make about a third of games. But we renew because 1. we're guaranteed seats to the games we want 2. kids/coworkers take several games we can't make 3. It's a good bonding experience with grandkids.

That said, NCAA is different. I would get season tickets if I lived in Wichita primarily to support the team. You can't pay Marshall top dollar, have a top dollar program, buy out bad coaches' contracts (potentially) in other sports, without STH dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

This. I've been a NBA STH for years and my wife and I debate every year whether to renew. I/we probably make about a third of games. But we renew because 1. we're guaranteed seats to the games we want 2. kids/coworkers take several games we can't make 3. It's a good bonding experience with grandkids.

That said, NCAA is different. I would get season tickets if I lived in Wichita primarily to support the team. You can't pay Marshall top dollar, have a top dollar program, buy out bad coaches' contracts (potentially) in other sports, without STH dollars.
        The bolded part is huge to me. I like knowing my seats that I like are guaranteed. Even for the big games.

Comment

kept mine, but have sold some more marquee games for substantial profits (got $337 per ticket for the Cincy game).. center court a few rows from the top. may continue to do that in the future.. and/or sell mine and pick up less expensive option.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Yikes! That wasn't one to sell. What a battle.

T

...:cool:

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          remember, marshall's first year in the mvc. that might happen again, record wise. like, sixth place.
          Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

There will be nothing on this year's star-STUDded team that resembles Marshall's first year.

And you think we "might" just go 4-14 in the AAC like we did Marshall's first year in the MVC?

T

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          remember, marshall's first year in the mvc. that might happen again, record wise. like, sixth place.
          LOL, you don't think much of Marshall do you. Top 10 payed coach with RPI 200+ don't stay top 10 payed coaches for long.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

LOL, you don't think much of Marshall do you. Top 10 payed coach with RPI 200+ don't stay top 10 payed coaches for long.
            Another,
            Comparing guys like Wendell Preadom, Brett Burley and Mantas Griskenas, Lance Harris etc to anyone on this years team is sheer lunacy.
            There was some young talent on that team, Gal, Durley, PJ & others, but nothing like what currently occupies the arena. But keeping this topic in the realm of sanity, it isn't even close.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Top to bottom, we have the most talented team in 33 years. They are not a veteran team; they have not proven their heart or work ethic; they haven't even proven they can hit the bottom of the bucket under the bright lights; but on paper, at least 10 of the players on our current roster could start for every team we've had since '85.

And I don't mean bumping Ron, Fred, or Tekele... so calm down. This statement is based on ground floor talent and athleticism.

I don't know how many wins we're gonna get this year - I'm sure we'll have a bunch; but this is going to be one of the more exciting teams to darken the tunnel of Koch Arena in a VERY long time.

Thoroughbreds.

THAT is not nearly all.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Top to bottom, we have the most talented team in 33 years. They are not a veteran team; they have not proven their heart or work ethic; they haven't even proven they can hit the bottom of the bucket under the bright lights; but on paper, at least 10 of the players on our current roster could start for every team we've had since '85.

And I don't mean bumping Ron, Fred, or Tekele... so calm down. This statement is based on ground floor talent and athleticism.

I don't know how many wins we're gonna get this year - I'm sure we'll have a bunch; but this is going to be one of the more exciting teams to darken the tunnel of Koch Arena in a VERY long time.

Thoroughbreds.

THAT is not nearly all.

T

Alright, usually I appreciate the exaggeration and hype for the season, but this is just silly. Our 10th man this year would start on the undefeated team? It would take a very special effort from ANY of our players this year to bump one of the first four (FVV, Baker, Cotton, and Early). As for the fifth, there's just no chance we have ten guys better than Coleby, Lufile, or Carter.

I'm sure our guys have incredibly high ceilings, and I'm hopeful that they put things together by the end of the season, but it just makes us look delusional to act like we've got 10 guys who would have improved the starting lineup of every team we've had in the last three decades.

Comment

• _kai_
                  _kai_ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "make us look delusional"

It's one person. But yeah, it's not a good look.

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep chirpin' burnout.

T

• _kai_
                  _kai_ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chirp chirp, clown boy.

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Alright, usually I appreciate the exaggeration and hype for the season, but this is just silly. Our 10th man this year would start on the undefeated team? It would take a very special effort from ANY of our players this year to bump one of the first four (FVV, Baker, Cotton, and Early). As for the fifth, there's just no chance we have ten guys better than Coleby, Lufile, or Carter.

I'm sure our guys have incredibly high ceilings, and I'm hopeful that they put things together by the end of the season, but it just makes us look delusional to act like we've got 10 guys who would have improved the starting lineup of every team we've had in the last three decades.
                Seconded. I'm certainly excited about players like Dennis and Stevenson, but we might want to pump the brakes a bit. For two years, we put out a team with three NBA players.

Also, it's unreal how underrated Coleby, Lufile, and Carter were. Carter was only 6'7", but had a 7' wingspan and was super athletic.

I mean, I hope Cold is right, but yeah, probably a little early for that.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If my eyes aren't failing me, Echenique talent and skill-wise, is light years ahead of the three-headed monster, which Greg admitted was a band-aid solution.

P.S. Mr. Echenique is 6'11, has arms like an octopus, knows what to do when he's 3 feet from the basket, is OCD about blocking shots, and has a mid-range jumper that's so sweet it will give you a toothache just watching it.

Suck on that!

T

• SHOCKvalue
                  SHOCKvalue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Carter was a juco AA.

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gregg

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

A little surprised that the article said nothing about "tax changes" being a possible reason and just laying it all on having a very young and inexperienced team. This isn't the last possible shoe to drop either. I'm sure many season ticket holders paid their SASO at the end of 2017 to still get the deduction like I did.

Also a reason I'd imagine why The Foundation had a record year.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• WuShock16
                  WuShock16 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It might help...but the record year probably has more to do with the Shock The World campaign happening, which has generated many gifts for the entire campus, not just athletics.

Too bad we don't have any video of a summer scrimmage. Perhaps that would help get those 150 on the waiting list to commit and the other 150 tickets available bought up already. Not that it matters as I'm guessing by the time the season starts those seats will be sold.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• shocker43
                  shocker43 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  maybe this is at request from the team, but I really wish the team was promoted more during the summer. It would really increase the hype around the team to see some pre-season video of them working out.

I am happy to report that my husband and I got a couple of those tickets. Row 32, but we’ll be there, yelling like crazy.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                  Stickboy46 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  32 isn't bad. Gives you a good view of the court.

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Years ago, when I was in high school and they had City League tripleheaders at WSU, I used to walk up to row 32 to watch if Kapaun (my school) wasn't playing. Good perspective, not impossibly far away by any means -- there's no such place at the Roundhouse -- and I could even position myself to lean back against the wall.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                  Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tom Obsorne didn’t particularly like Row 34 of the Roundhouse, so he moved down 2 rows. Even though his team got taken to the woodshed, he seemed to like Row 32 better.

Anyone call to see what it takes to get these "prime" seats?

Comment

Working...
                X