No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't buy that the tax change is the reason for it. Are charitable contributions down overall? And a reminder, in many ways, we are getting the deduction. It's in the standard deduction.

Comment

I think more people are priced out than taxed out. $400 for the tickets plus at least another $500 for SASO - and that gets you into the top row.

It would be tough for me to justify dropping $1,000 to my wife. If there was a shuttle and I didn't have to walk from east of Eck in 30 degree temps with a 20 mph north wind blowing, I might take a shot at it. I'm getting too old for that walk when it's cold.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

$900-1000 for two tickets for all home games?

Comment

People have changing interests. We gave ours up and instead travel now.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
            $900-1000 for two tickets for all home games?
            Cheapest for two tickets today is about $750 per. $500 x 2 for the seats; $500 for entry level SASO. Figures are rounded but close. That’ll get you last 2-3 rows in the corners or behind the baskets (as in that’s where these available 150 seats mostly lie).
            Last edited by SHOCKvalue; August 12, 2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              I think more people are priced out than taxed out. $400 for the tickets plus at least another $500 for SASO - and that gets you into the top row.

It would be tough for me to justify dropping $1,000 to my wife. If there was a shuttle and I didn't have to walk from east of Eck in 30 degree temps with a 20 mph north wind blowing, I might take a shot at it. I'm getting too old for that walk when it's cold.
              I think this is far more likely the culprit than the fact the team has had massive turnover. The tax changes may make things cut a little deeper for some but the bottom line is that with so many games available to watch from the comforts of home it is not surprising at all that you would lose some folks who are finding the financial, time and/or physcial commitment more than they can justify or deal with. That favorite easy chair in front of a big sceen HDTV with your favorite beverage and snack is tough competition.

Actually only having 300 non-renewals isn't really too bad

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                So, Aargh -- if you don't want to walk a half mile-plus in 30 degree temps with a 20 mph north wind blowing, what would you do on the cold days?

The other problem is that it almost isn’t worth it to get season tickets anymore. With a couple exceptions, you can get tickets on StubHub for fairly inexpensive amounts if you wait until day of game.

I won’t have season tickets this season, so I’m going to test this theory this year. My tickets would have cost me $1000 each. I bet I can piece together tickets for less than that, getting tickets that are comparable to or maybe even better than mine.
              78-65

Comment

• proshox
                proshox commented
                Editing a comment
                This^^^^

I have been tracking it for two years - it started when I had to sell tickets due to work travel. The games were probably “top third” as far as “fan interest” went and I couldn’t get face value for mid-court seats (dead center and nowhere near the top).

Between games I can’t get to, games I get offered to go to for free, games I can buy tickets for $10 or less, and the games i would splurge for... there is no way I spend more than I currently do for two tickets. I also believe my average seating location would be preferable to my current seats.

I have paid out of loyalty and simplicity, but my brain is starting to struggle with it.

• Scott
                Scott commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree 100%. With the money you spend on a SASO contribution and buying the actual tickets, you can almost always get better seats on StubHub. Skip the early season exhibitions, guaranteed blowouts and low interest conference opponents and spend your cash on better seats for the games worth going to instead.

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              The other problem is that it almost isn’t worth it to get season tickets anymore. With a couple exceptions, you can get tickets on StubHub for fairly inexpensive amounts if you wait until day of game.

I won’t have season tickets this season, so I’m going to test this theory this year. My tickets would have cost me $1000 each. I bet I can piece together tickets for less than that, getting tickets that are comparable to or maybe even better than mine.
              This is 100% correct. Never been a season ticket holder but I make it to several games a year and can usually find good seats for around $40-50 a ticket for games against opponents who don’t have the big name on the front of their jersey. For the bigger games it is hard to find reasonably priced tickets, but it’s been mostly worth it for me.

Comment

Folks, let's not lose sight of why the ticket/SASO prices are what they are. We pay a coach $3.5 million+ and we earn zero revenue from our conference (at the moment). Those kinds of bills ain't gettin' paid on their own. It's well within your rights to attempt to game the ticketing system, but I think one would be wise to do so with discretion.

P.S. You can avoid high ticket prices by moving to Springpatch and watching all the SwoMo basketball you can stomach for around 10 bux a pop.

T

...:cool:

Comment

remember, marshall's first year in the mvc. that might happen again, record wise. like, sixth place.

Comment

Well, my situation is different, but one that is going to become a lot more prominent with the "older" crowd that's at CKA. My parents had 4 tickets for years and years and were donating to SASO at a good clip. My wife and I went with my parents most all of the time. We were going to start having our own 2 tickets and my parents were going to cut back to 2 or possibly drop theirs, until we were told of the future re-seating. It made more sense at the time to hold on to all the SASO points they had built up, so I took over buying the tickets and paying for SASO (under their name) so the family could keep the very good seats with only a couple of steps involved and great parking.

By the time neither were able to go to the games, I was basically told that I'd need to pay a lot more, for much worse seating to go into my name since they said "the big schools don't transfer anything the older generation had built and neither do they", so I'd have to start over from scratch. Since I could keep the tickets until the death of both my parents, I decided to do that for awhile. There's no way I'm going to pay what they want to hold on to any kind of seating nearly as good as what we have now. After 45 years or so of those seats, I probably wouldn't like the lesser seating, especially for what it would cost. When the time comes, I'll get tickets now and then like mentioned above. We'll also get more involved in volleyball, women's basketball, and, hopefully, get back to being a regular at baseball games in the future.

Comment

• proshox
                      proshox commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I feel the staff shot themselves in the foot on a some of these situations.

I have had other friends get caught up in this problem and the university uses draconian rules and fails to recognize that the younger generation has been writing the check for the last ten to twenty years.

Unbelievable numbers! Only 300 available season tickets in an almost 11,000 seat arena but yet 150 already on the waiting list??? Insane! There's gotta be 300 other Division I universities dreaming of those types of numbers!

It's only August. No doubt the 150 on the waiting list and another 150 season tickets will be sold. You guys got it going on in Wichita!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Are the 300 and 150 numbers "tickets" or "people"? Is the 150 on the waiting list 75 people desiting two tickets each? Are the 300 non-renewals 75 people with four tickets each?
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Article lists everything as "seats" and "tickets". So I'd assume that.

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The article stated that 300 season TICKETS were not renewed and that they already had 150 NAMES on the waiting list.

It also said that there were approximatley 150 seats available at this point.

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      I bet I can piece together tickets for less than that, getting tickets that are comparable to or maybe even better than mine.
                      I wouldn't take the other side of that bet. You're resourceful.

Comment

Season tickets for WSU MBB have never been about seeking the lowest cost option, and never will be. I’m certain that is the case at all CBB programs with passionate fan support.

The cheapest season tickets today work out to about $50 per game. While there might be a couple of games per year where the demand in the secondary market will exceed that, by and large the balance of the games won’t come close. And that’s the cheapest tickets in the house - last seven rows. The majority of the arena below that go up in season ticket cost at a very rapid rate, so there’s zero shot of those folks even coming close to making a dent in the outlay via the secondary market.
                        Last edited by SHOCKvalue; August 13, 2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X