Comment

• wusphlash
      wusphlash commented
      Editing a comment
      Bid stealer.

• RoyalShock
      RoyalShock commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I saw in the first half, the fix was in for St Mary's. Three egregious missed or incorrect foul calls. The Gaels got away with two obvious push offs, and drew a charge when the defender turned his back just before getting run into by the ball handler.

• 03/12/19 - RECAP

Non-Conference
    Appalachian State (8-21, 6-12 Sun Belt) Lost vs. ULM (16-14, 9-9 Sun Belt) 80 to 89

Conference
    None

Comment

• wusphlash
      #1021.1
      wusphlash commented
      56 minutes ago
      Bid stealer.

NCAA bid stealer, NIT bid opener. This win actually opens up a spot for us.

And yes, another 1 seed goes down.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        wusphlash
        #1021.1
        wusphlash commented
        56 minutes ago
        Bid stealer.

NCAA bid stealer, NIT bid opener. This win actually opens up a spot for us.

And yes, another 1 seed goes down.
        Wouldn’t it be a zero net gain for WSU? The NIT spot opened will be immediately taken by the bubble team that lost its NCAA spot to St. Mary’s.

78-65

Comment

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          Which could be Temple.

• Took a look at the Bradley board to see how they are handling winning the 17th best conference tournament. Amazingly they are SHOCKED that they are predicted to get a 15 seed. Calling Lunardi and everyone else idiots because they fully expect to get a 12 or 13 seed.

From what I can see, They have the 4th worst NET of teams already in the tourney. Which would put them as a 16 seed Play-in. I think there will be a few more autos that get put in that will make them around the 7th-8th worst team in the tourney so likely a low 15 seed.
        Last edited by Stickboy46; March 13, 2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Leagues they have reason to think they could be seeded ahead of: Summit, SWAC, Southland, Ivy, Patriot, MEAC, MAAC, Northeast. That alone should keep them off the 16 line.

Conferences they will be mixed in with or hope to be seeded ahead of:

America East (only if Vermont loses), Big Sky (only if Montana loses), Big South - Gardner Webb, Big West (only if Irvine loses), C-USA (only if ODU loses), Horizon - Northern Kentucky (highly unlikely BU is ahead of them), Sun Belt (only if Georgia State loses), WAC (only if NMSU loses).

There are no gimmies in that group. Anything else would require several teams (MAC, PAC12 for example) or basically all teams (Tulane or ECU) in a conference to crumble to find a team likely to be seeded below BU. I'll be cheering for the Braves, but the 5th place Valley team is likely a 15 or 14 at best, barring huge amounts of tournament upsets. You'd have to hope against hope to place them the 16th worst team which would put them on the 13 line. To get to a 12 would require big upsets in all of the tourneys above and monumental upsets the likes of ECU, Air Force and Eastern Michigan which frankly I'd enjoy seeing because they'd eliminate discussion of Indiana, Creighton, Ohio State and 3-6 other undeserving programs.

• I was on the fence with TCU, but this last game sold me on their NCAA bonafides. So deserving.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          I was on the fence with TCU, but this last game sold me on their NCAA bonafides. So deserving.
          sarcasm.jpg

Comment

• I just wanna know if Syracuse will be participating in March Madness again?
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I was on the fence with TCU, but this last game sold me on their NCAA bonafides. So deserving.
              And OU

Comment

• ShockerPrez
                ShockerPrez commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, OU and TCU showed how tough the big 12 is. Probably put WV back on the bubble with another win, who knows...

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              Zags go down to st mary’s
              RoyalShock commented
              • From what I saw in the first half, the fix was in for St Mary's. Three egregious missed or incorrect foul calls. The Gaels got away with two obvious push offs, and drew a charge when the defender turned his back just before getting run into by the ball handler.

From everything EVERYTHING that has happened in the world of college basketball over the past couple of years, this one really has me scratching my head. One of Gonzaga's previous wins was by 48 points over the SAME TEAM this season. And I just couldn't help but look, a win in the NCAA Tournament is worth AT LEAST $1.7 million dollars (I think that's the number). As a league, how could you NOT throw away one game for a team to potentially secure that kind of return. It would NOT surprise me in the least if this was a fairly widespread practice just waiting to be uncovered. It would certainly explain a lot of "what the hell?" calls and no calls alike.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                RoyalShock commented
                Editing a comment
                I was never one to buy in to the Arch Madness conspiracy theories. But after those three calls I witnessed in the first half (there may have been more I didn't notice, I was exercising while watching), I had to wonder.

• Steeleshocker
                Steeleshocker commented
                Editing a comment
                What is interesting to me is that if the conspiracy is true and they throw a game to get an extra team in the dance they may actually hurt themselves as a league. For example, what if now Gonzaga drops to a 2-3 and gets upset early. Each game is a unit and seeding can be just as valuable as number of teams. The AAC should have had 3 teams in the sweet 16 last year, but no one made it and the league lost out on units because of it.

• JVShocker
                JVShocker commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't see how Gonzaga gets bumped off the 1 line because of this, though. I can see the comments now...."This loss shouldn't hurt them." "Go in to the Tournament with something to prove." "Something to work on now." The other team was just really, really good that night, and they did lose to those quadrant 1 games by only 10 points per game, so they were close losses." "A close loss shouldn't hurt your resume." blah blah blah blah blaaaah blah bah bah bah lah la la

• Why is Florida supposed in at 17-14? 3 straight losses to end the season, including a horrible home loss to UGA. Yes, nice win at LSU. When you are 1 of 8 against really good teams, it's time to give someone else a chance, ESPECIALLY when you can also see bad losses to UGA and Butler and what should have been, at a minimum, a play in game with another illegitimate hanger on, TCU. Just losing to a lot of good teams, when combined with one road non con beating (at FSU none the less), and bad losses to bottom dwellers, shouldn't be enough, imho.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                It's almost becoming like the football bowl games now that there are so many of them; play .500 during the regular season and you get to go somewhere. I agree -- shouldn't you actually have to DO something to get into the field?

• As long as you got the right name on your jersey...you're in like skin says the NCAA and CBS.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I remember when the Vally got 4 teams in 2007 or so. Everyone bitched that they hacked the RPI code or something.

Looking at the records of teams in the big 12, i know what the code is.

You have your good teams, KU, play powerhouse teams. This brings in SOS points into tge league, while You have your mediocre teams play crap teams in the non con. This apparently juices up the league to where losses dont hurt and if KU doles out a loss to teams in the league, then everyone sucks from the RPI teat.

How else can a TCU team who has lost to OSU and WV and 9 other games while garnering 7 wins still have an RPI in the 40s?
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  KU schedules their "cupcakes" intelligently. They schedule teams they expect will easily win in very bad conferences. Then they have wins against bad teams with gaudy W/L records. I haven't checked how their cupcakes did this year, but in past years they've done pretty good at correctly guessing and then scheduling cupcakes that make the W's look better than they really are.

• Steeleshocker
                  Steeleshocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We do the same thing trying to pick buy games against teams that will win their conference. This isn't rocket science.

• im4wsu
                  im4wsu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aargh, I wonder how much KU payes for buy games compared to what we pay.

• Xavier 63 - Creighton 61
                Final

Comment

I remember when the Vally got 4 teams in 2007 or so. Everyone bitched that they hacked the RPI code or something.

Looking at the records of teams in the big 12, i know what the code is.

You have your good teams, KU, play powerhouse teams. This brings in SOS points into tge league, while You have your mediocre teams play crap teams in the non con. This apparently juices up the league to where losses dont hurt and if KU doles out a loss to teams in the league, then everyone sucks from the RPI teat.

How else can a TCU team who has lost to OSU and WV and 9 other games while garnering 7 wins still have an RPI in the 40s?
                  The one that complained the most in 2007 about other non power conference teams and the Valley getting 4 teams in in the tournament was that pu$$y Billy Packer. What a piece of sht. All he did was suck up to the ACC and other so-called power conference teams. Good riddance. Now if we could just get some of these same clowns off the selection committee the tournament would be better.

Comment

Working...
                  X